another one...wear your lid!

pbghost

Registered
in todays local news
ADA, OK -- An Ada man has died from injuries he sustained in a motorcycle accident Friday afternoon.

OHP troopers say 26-year-old Danny Collins was riding a motorcycle about one mile south of Latta, on SH1 when he ran off the road for an unknown reason. slid and was thrown from the bike.

Collins was flown by medical helicopter to OU Medical Center in critical condition, but died a short time later.

Troopers say Collins was not wearing a helmet, and excessive speed may have been a factor in that accident.

PLEASE wear your gear and be careful out there, this is getting too common:banghead::please:

Rip

fallen_riderz.jpg

i wish he wore a lid and the outcome may have been under better cirumstances. very unfortunate and my condolences to his family and friends

There is no helmet law in Iowa. 95% of the people I see ridding dont have their helmet on... Idiots.

No Lid Law in Ohio either...i'de say 75-80% of sport bike riders are geared up and MAYBE 10% of the rest don't bother...passengers included...i just don't get it...doesn't take much of a bump on the head to put your lights out...when will ppl wise up?...be safe ya'll...R I P rider:please:

2 more in Illinois this week.

Saturday, Jun. 27, 2009
Shiloh man killed on 40th birthday, riding motorcycle in Belleville
Second fatal crash in Belleville this week
BY MARIA BARAN - News-Democrat E-Mail

BELLEVILLE -- A Shiloh man celebrating his 40th birthday died in a motorcycle crash Friday night on Illinois 161.

Robert Jones was pronounced dead at 9 p.m. at the scene of the accident by St. Clair County Deputy Coroner Dean Darnall.

Witnesses said Jones hit the rear of a vehicle also traveling east on Illinois 161, and then hit a guardrail, Darnall said. Jones was not wearing a helmet.

It was the second fatality involving a motorcyclist in Belleville this week.

Police closed eastbound Illinois 161 between Dutch Hollow Road and Carson Drive Friday in response to the Friday night crash.

Witnesses told police that two motorcycles were traveling at an excessive rate of speed when the victim's motorcycle struck the rear of a vehicle, Lt. David Frame said.

In the other crash, 29-year-old Sean Fischer, of Smithton, was killed early Wednesday after his motorcycle struck a guardrail on westbound Illinois 15 near Illinois 159. He also was not wearing a helmet.

they always list that the person wasnt wearing a helmet but they dont say that was the cause of death so go ahead and assume that is what killed them you must be right.

There is no helmet law in Iowa. 95% of the people I see ridding dont have their helmet on... Idiots.

none in Texas either, but they'll break it off in you for seatbelt violations...go figure.:banghead: I see more sport bikers in gear than the cruisers...typical though

they always list that the person wasnt wearing a helmet but they dont say that was the cause of death so go ahead and assume that is what killed them you must be right.

I guess you want to assume that not wearing a helmet had no bearing on the injuries being fatal so you can feel good about riding without.

Just had one west of here yesterday morning. Woman alone on a Goldwing 3-Wheeler, lose control ( reportedly excess speed) while crossing an overpass and was killed. No helmet and no protective clothing. She must have been really woofing it along, because the bike was a complete total, stoped rolling 150 feet past the over pass and her body was another 10 feet futher !

it doesnt take much
i heard someone say once that if its your time its your time, well that true to a pt
but you can help make that time be a little further along in life:rulez:

its crazy!!!

Back