another one...wear your lid!

R.I.P.... condolences to our lost brothers family & friends. helmet or not, he is gone from us..... I gear up even if it's 100 degress out. sweat wipes off; you can't fix splat

I guess you want to assume that not wearing a helmet had no bearing on the injuries being fatal so you can feel good about riding without.
Personally I don’t give a rats azz just get tired of people judging when half of them drink and ride and put others in danger not just them selves. I choose not to wear gear and have never criticized those who do its MY choice and doesn’t endanger anybody else. I don’t understand what makes people think they have the right to tell me how to live or die if its my time. To each there own and ride how ever you feel comfortable.

I always wear a helmet. I may not always be suited and booted. As a kid, I saw an accident first hand and the rider flew over the car, rolled in the street, and then hit his head on the curb, and lived because he was wearing a helmet.

I do feel it is my right to ride without a helmet if I choose to but I have a wife, kids, and other family, that owe it to them to protect myself while riding. I the very least, I will have helmet, gloves, and boots.

The it's my life it's my choice argument is BULLSHT.
It is an argument for selfishness.

As a species we are connected in some way.
(speaking rhetorically)
Do you not have parents that will miss you, what about wife and kids,
brothers, sisters, etc.? Even friends?
Who's gonna raise and provide for your family after your gone?

What if you sustain major injuries and require several hundred thousand
dollar surgeries...who do think pays for that? The hospital just eats it...no
they raise their fees.
You have insurance great...my rates go up.

What if the accident is your fault and cause major injuies to me and my
family and while you kick the bucket?

What if I'm one of a thousand people a day that pull out in front of other
people by accident, you hit me and with no helmet die. Now instead of just
an accident, I've manslaughter to deal with and your death on my conscience.

Just a few of many many possible senerios, I know a LOT of what if(s) but
THEY ALL HAPPEN and your life can change in an instant. Maybe if you lived
on an island by yourself but...we don't.

I know let's not wear seatbelts or use child seats (my kid right ). :banghead:

I have no problem critizing stupidity and not wearing a helmet is just that.
I see a rider without one I just hope that if something is going happen it
happens before he/she has a chance to procreate and further pollute the gene pool.

Last edited:
The it's my life it's my choice argument is BULLSHT.

I have no problem critizing stupidity and not wearing a helmet is just that.
I see a rider without one I just hope that if something is going happen it
happens before he/she has a chance to procreate and further pollute the gene pool.
Like I said its MY choice if you dont like it too bad I will continue to ride with or with out gear as I see fit cause at the end of the day nobody else has a say on what I do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said its MY choice if you dont like it too bad I will continue to ride with or with out gear as I see fit cause at the end of the day nobody else has a say on what I do.

Ok. You get a choice but everyone else also gets their own opinion. Please watch the language and the attitutes. We recently had the boards shutdown due to this type of behavior.:rulez:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just don't get it. Why ride without a helmet on! It's bad enough I see people around here rideing with shorts on.

I fixed your post. I guess some people just have to learn things the hard way. Everyone goes down sometime.

Last edited:

Yeah I'm sure that's what this guy said to...

Tampa police officer killed in crash with Pasco government truck - St. Petersburg Times

LAND O'LAKES — A 20-year veteran Tampa police officer and father of six died in a motorcycle crash Thursday after a Pasco County government truck turned into his path.
Guerrero was not wearing a helmet. Tampa police policy doesn't require off-duty officers to wear one while riding a motorcycle, spokeswoman Andrea Davis said.

Personally I could care less if people wear a helmet or not, I'm just saying
ya never know and it's stupid not to. Riding any motorcycle without a helmet
qualifies but riding a 9 sec 1/4 mile 190mph machine without one is whole
nuther level.

Wearing a helmet isn't about you :banghead:...it's about the ones you love and that
care and love you. Maybe it's a question of caring for your own
personal comfort or preference for the moment vs their well being for the
rest of their lives. (kinda selfish ain't it)

I guess maybe I'm different, I put the needs of my family ahead of my
personal wants...and they need me around.

I wonder, you guys that don't wear helmets, do you honestly believe that
you will definately NOT wreck today? I was comming home friday and almost
got ran over twice (it's a 20 min ride).

Last edited:
Unfortunately Uncommon sense did not apply here I would call it common sense but apparently it is not all that common. My prayers to his family and friends. I Like my helmet in addition to saving my skull it keeps bugs out of my mouth :thumbsup:

Too bad when they figure out that riding with no helmet is a bad idea, it's too late. I hope that some of the members on here don't wait until it's too late to realize it's a bad idea. Has nothing to do with freedom of choice, it's called common sense.:poke:

What else is there to say?

Gear.jpeg

Yup, if anyone knows anything about our medical system, if you get trashed not wearing gear, the hospital ends up footing the bill. In Florida no one hardly wears a helmet and it is actually a good thing. It has saved the hospitals a bunch of money. Most people die when the head contacts the pavement. Even from very slow speed accidents (30mph). Plus, it keeps the idiot gene pool smaller. Darwin awards are given out in Florida on almost a daily basis for bikers. The Florida motto NGATT No Gear All The Time! Come on guys, go out and earn that Darwin Award! :thumbsup:

Back