No Helmet

He was only doing 35 - 40mph? Even at 15 mph, without some sort of gear it would leave a mark. I've seen that a couple of times here in So. Cal. on my way home from work on the 210 FWY east bound. Same I think, maybe on a gixxer. Going opposite direction. No helmet, T-shirt, not even gloves, screaming down at least 70 mph with just some sunglasses on.

Only seen him two times about 2 months ago. I wonder if he's still around?

Ewwwwww, hope he wasnt trying to use his bike to pick up women, thats out of the question now!
He still can if he keeps his helmet on from here on... Even if he gets luck and picks a chick up and take her to bed.
smile.gif
Sorry, that was a bit cold.

I love how they always say back on the bike next time WITH a helmet. Its like yeah dumbass look at all the pain you could have avoided by listening to everyone LAST TIME and doing that. AH well some people insist on learning the hard way

u saw someone on the 210 WITHOUT a helmet??? thats really odd since it is a state law..
yup, saw the same guy twice. Might have been some mexican dude, but looked more like a native american to me. It was right after that last exist for Old Town Pasadena under the overpass that splits the actual 134 and the 210.

I personally have a hard time seeing when going over 35/40mph with the visor up on the helmet...

Dam i drive always with my helmet even in states not needing one. Thats the reason why not because im afriad im a good driver but other people around and i could end up looking like he did.

I guess I am one of the few that doesn't wear a helmet on a regular basis. The only time I usually use a helmet is when it is raining or when it is freezing outside.
I know you get what you pay for, but what are some of the better brand helmets as far as protection and comfort go. I see these guys riding around on there bikes when it is 90 degrees out and the humidity is close to the same percentage and there wearing a frickin helmet. That can not be comfortable. The guys might as well go home turn the oven on broil and stick his frickin head in there.
When it is hot out, I sweat as it is without a helmet, I just can't imagine wearing one in those conditions. Do they have some new "air conditioned " helmets out on the market or do you have to just keep the vents open and keep it in the triple digits.
What are some decent priced helmets that offer some major ventilation. Is there an outlet store or internet site that has gear, including helmets at a decent price.
I am leaning more and more toward wearing a helmet on a consistent basis, the older I get, the more shrinkage that occurs in the nads.

if u want a good helmet ur gonna usually pay for it.. shoei rf1000,x11 or any arai. they all flow air pretty good..depending which one u want they can get pricey. and u get used to it. it gets 100+ out here and its no big deal.. it actually helps keep the heat off ur face.

u can try ebay also sometimes u can find someone closing them out and trying to get rid of their stock. but go to a shop first and try on a few so u know what size u want. and remember a large shoei isnt the same as an arai quantum hell the different arais feel different in the different styles.

HJC's are fairly cheap and know people that love them. I dont know of anyone that has crash tested them though. KBC's arent bad, they are getting more popular and the AMA superbike champion wears them

Back