My wreck back on May 2

Sorry about the crash
sad.gif
Heal up fast
beerchug.gif

Glad your healing. I have partially been where you are. Been down twice and hit once but managed to keep the bike up. Never broke any bones though. There are only two types of riders out there, those that have been down and those that have not. I hope your recovery goes well and glad that your alive!

I'd presume the insurance company is going to total the bike (?).

What is the prognosis for complete recovery for you?

Glad you're going well-enough after that ordeal.

Heal well.

Wow...repairs add up fast. You could buy a new bike with that $$

glad you are going to be ok...thank goodness you were wearing your gear
beerchug.gif

That is a large repair bill, but glad you are able to tell us about it.

Glad you're not hurt too much. Gave you a call but figured your cell phone may have been damaged. Good luck with a new bike purchase.

Man, that is some bad news!

Glad that you are okay, all things considered.

It's not only time for new gear, but by the looks of the repair estimate, it might be time for a new ride. I hope everything works out in your favor.

Take it easy with the injury recovery. I had my left hand all pinned up years ago, and it took a loooong time to get full use back. Don't push it.

I could really kid you about your wrist injury, like my buddies did. But I won't. All I'll say is that I hope you're ambidextrous
laugh.gif

Take it easy, and heal up!

Thanks for all the wishes everyone, it really does help
thumb_up.gif
I should make a good recovery,all the fingers work,the question is how much mobility did I lose in the left wrist area because of all torn nerves-tendons-ligaments, time will tell. Thank god I'm right handed.
As far as the bike goes, I've done all I can and the insurance knows and I'm waiting for a call as to when an adjuster will come by and look at it. It's all questionable,do you go with new rolling and ready for when your able to ride? Do you go the buy back wreck-fix-parts switch over route? Regardless you need two hand to do anything and I almost rather not wait for when I'm able to start wrenching,plus I really don't have the room to do this, I think I'd rather ride.
I've been thinking of something else,been looking at one of those new 1250S Bandits or if any are still around the SV1000S's, we'll see, for now I can only wait for the adjuster to come look at the wreck.

Man, Glad you okay and were wearing your lid. Goes to show you don't have to be going fast at all to get hurt. That's one inflated repair bill. You can buy another 04 Tomato for less than that. $1400.00 for a swingarm thats crazy. was there any damage to the forks? Look like a new set of body work and the rest you can get anywhere cheap. Swingarm under $200.00 all day, rear sets can be had cheap, stock cans and mid pipes...people give those away all the time. Why do they have to replace the wiring harness? $543.00 Man !!! And $382.00 for just the left lever assembly. Are they trying to work with you or do you just want them to total it out and get a new bike?

Bill, thanks for puting all that effort into reconstructing the incident so that we all may be wiser in the future!  Although we all had a great weekend, we truly missed you "out on the trail". If you can buy back the total..please PM me...either for storage for you or to buy it from them (I'll always need parts).

Remember, how you feel now will not be how you feel after your rehab and healing....it just slowly gets better. Take care my friend and keep telling us how it all unfolds.
Doyle

Bill, thanks for puting all that effort into reconstructing the incident so that we all may be wiser in the future!  Although we all had a great weekend, we truly missed you "out on the trail". If you can buy back the total..please PM me...either for storage for you or to buy it from them (I'll always need parts).

Remember, how you feel now will not be how you feel after your rehab and healing....it just slowly gets better. Take care my friend and keep telling us how it all unfolds.
Doyle
Hey Doyle
thumb_up.gif
, yeah I know, the tow truck driver was also drooling all over this opportunity
rofl.gif

Bill glad your posting and i hope you heal up quick so ya can get back on the pony
thumb_up.gif
i left a message on your cell but wasent sure if you got it dident realize you were 5 days at the hospital thought only two anyhow hurry and get better we missed you on the ride
beerchug.gif
rob

Back