My first wreck

Owch! had close to the same incident a few years back. I'ts good to hear you are ok even better to hear you are keeping riding. I have seen a lot of people go down once and stop riding all together. Best thing to do is learn from your errors. I aswell am a firm believer in protective gear. (I like my skin) :)

Sorry to know 'bout your accident, but be happy about three things:
1st: you're alive
2nd: you are ok
3rd: you are not in Portugal, 'cause here it's almost impossible to have full insurance in a bike

Main thing: glad you're ok :)

sorry to hear about the wreck glad yer ok

can ya imagine the look on the persons face if you would have hit the back and flew over the car like superman think they would have had heart attack :rock:

Busaman..you are blessed to be alive. Glad to hear you are ok. To help the other riders on this forum can you share the details of two things....

1) what gear were you wearing?

2) The physics of crashes yields some interesting things that we all can learn from....did you immediately hit the rear window of the car? Or, did you go over the roof of the car and onto the hood? Or over the car completely and onto the pavement? Can you remember any of this....my apologies if this sounds stupid...but I think we will all be safer riders if we had some inking of what happens on impact.

Thanks....and glad you are alive and thinking of getting back on the saddle.

Glad you are OK!!

Two days ago I was coming home on my Busa going past a strip mall. There were two traffic lights going past the mall and I was behind a big SUV. Doing a little less then 30 when I saw the 2nd light turn yellow just before the SUV reached the intersection so I knew I could make it through the light. This bobo locks up the brakes trying to stop before the intersection and ends up stopping in the middle of the intersection!! The road was that shiny smooth blacktop and I locked up both brakes trying to keep from hitting the SUV. The back tire came way out, I eased off the brakes then hit them again swinging the rear tire the other direction. I eased off again then finally stopped on the side of the SUV at its rear doors. this happened in about 2 1/2 SUV lengths of road. I was so grateful I didn't drop the bike or run into the rear of the SUV I didn't get a chance to cuss his ass out before the light turned green.

There was no one in front of the SUV, so I don't know why he slammed on the brakes or whether he was being a bobo to me.

Back