I wrecked my baby

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
Well, as the topic states, I wrecked the busa on Friday night.  I will admit it was more my fault than anything.  I was on my way home and pushed her a little hard through some twisties when the rear tire started to slide out.  I got it back under me but had no time to turn.  I leaned her over to hard and slid out landing on my left side.  At first I thought the only problem was that I had the wind knocked out of me.  The Doc at the ER confirmed "at least 3 broken ribs."  Most all the damage is cosmetic.  I will be looking for both lower fairings (the right side might be fixable) but the left needs to be replaced for sure.  The right mirror is toast, the clutch lever is bent, and the bar end is scratched to all get out. I will also need to replace the stator cover since it cracked and let all the oil out.

I was wanting to repaint the bike, but heck, not because of this.  Things are actually really good with me, just sore.  I really appreciate the protection that I was wearing.  My helmet is toast, the leather jacket looks good but majorly scuffed, and the carbon fiber knuckes in the gloves were pushed inside out.  If it wasn't for all this, I might not be here telling the story.

If anyone knows a good place to get the plastics, please let me know.

Here are the picks.
wreck1.jpg

wreck4.jpg

wreck5.jpg

helmet.jpg

Glad to hear you are not hurt any worse. I have a brand new clutch lever in the bag if you would like it. PM me.
That why we wear gear

Good job on wearing gear so most of the damage is on the bike! That's the easiest to fix...

Post up a list of parts so we can start on it-

Need bar ends? I just got throttlemeisters so I have a pair.

Dear Michael

I'm glad you weren't hurt more seriously!

Good luck on getting your 'Busa back to beautiful!

I'm just getting back into riding after a fourteen-year hiatus, so I don't have any spare parts to send your way.

--Jaddie

I'm glad you're okay bud--and glad you had your gear on too--- I see someone already offered his bar-ends, but if shibumi can't send you his, I have some I will be glad to give you- let me know-- Post up whatever else you need I might have something else I can dig up...

I just did the same thing not to long ago and am finally getting to where I am getting back to normal. I am glad to hear that you are doing good. Like was said before post the parts you need and we will see what we can do. A bit of advice is to take this down time to fix her up a little. My insurance paid for all new skins and such. Got carbon fiber front to back. On that note if it had been the other side i would have a new side for ya. I do have some things like front blinkers and little stuff like that. Let me know and its yours.... free if i have it

Glad you're ok man
beerchug.gif
I bought a set of plastics last year, was going to do a custom paint job, but then I got married
tounge.gif
Plastics are ABS, and one of the best on the market, they are primed, glazed, and ready for custom paint (revolution can hook you up with that) let me know if you have interest, I will sell them for below cost
cool.gif

Back