my busa is wrecked

gm1300

Registered
day 3 on my new 05 busa
500 and somthing miles on the odometer and a big smile on my face .

then bam a car hits me , puts me down and takes off

hit and run.  

i was wearing decent gear so i got off easy. broken right pinky and some road rash to my left arm .

the bike looks like toast, rashed and bashed all over .
luckily i have full coverage.

i am wondering how this is goanna effect my inurance . a hit and run with no witnesses

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113237011 -->

damn man sorry to hear that really, i was happy you finally got a busa, but at least you are not majorly harmed and u have full coverage. is it drivable?

Unfortunately if you don't know who the person was that hit you then you will have to file with your insurance company and that will go against you. Make sure you get a police report and your agent files it with your claim so they will at least have record that it was a hit-n-run. You should be able to give a description of the vehicle and the police can be on the look out for it. I doubt they got away w/o any damage.
Been down this road. Came out of a bike expo and found my bike laying down. Witnesses said that someone was sitting on my bike and knock it over while getting off of it. I decided against beat the sh** out of them and got their statements instead. Of course I still took the hit with my insurance company. No increase just one claim closer to one.

Man that sucks azz do you remember anything about teh car. Thats the worst crock people so worried about insurance that they would leave a human being to die.
mad.gif

Damn cagers.. they just don't look when they are moving. Glad you weren't to hurt (subject to opinion, hurt is hurt if you ask me), but a major bummer about the Busa...
sad.gif

damn that really sucks.
sorry to hear about it, but, at least its just rash and pinky..... those are easy to get over. your posting about it is a relief too. means your alright.
you can get another bike and yeah - the insurance will go up some - but you can always get another ride....

dont know about the insurance... but sure glad that you are ok
smile.gif

Did you have a look at the number of the vehicle that hit you... hit-n-run mo fuggers should be shot
guns.gif
...where has all the humanity gone
rock.gif

Glad to hear you're ok. Damn cagers sometimes just don't give a fud about us. I think it has to do with some of the squidly guys ruining it for everyone. Some just figure that that's how all bikers are. It's a damn shame!

Damn dood, you live hard and fast..you put 500 miles on your bike, took it to 170mph and wrecked it all in 3 days.
wow.gif

What was the scenario , were you driving defesively or offensively? If the car hit you while you were speeding then its partially your fault and your up #### creek.

That gets me with the insurance companies. How they require that you're able to identify the car that hit you to qualify it as a hit and run. But excuse me... I didn't really get a chance to catch that license plate while I'm breaking my pink, my bones, rashing up my assss, and trying to roll properly to save my live. It's kind of hard trying to get a decent viewing angle of that license plate when I'm facing the sky on my back and that mo-fo, retard is speeding away.

And those cagers... they know who they are. Hope they meet their justice at the railroad track... Maybe with their entire family with them. Sorry, it just pisssses me off to hear about it.

Glad you're okay for the most part.

sad.gif
Sorry to hear it. After following the posts of Kevin's buddy, I'm just glad it's you that's reporting the incident and not a riding buddy.

Unfortunately if you don't know who the person was that hit you then you will have to file with your insurance company and that will go against you.  Make sure you get a police report and your agent files it with your claim so they will at least have record that it was a hit-n-run.  You should be able to give a description of the vehicle and the police can be on the look out for it.  I doubt they got away w/o any damage.
Been down this road.  Came out of a bike expo and found my bike laying down.  Witnesses said that someone was sitting on my bike and knock it over while getting off of it.  I decided against beat the sh** out of them and got their statements instead.  Of course I still took the hit with my insurance company.  No increase just one claim closer to one.
We went through this when my wife was cut off by another vehicle in a snow storm. She totaled our Ford Explorer. The rescue crew had to cut the top off to extract my wife and two little girls. Lori had a description of the vehicle that caused the accident, but that was it. We had to file with our insurance company and took the hit on our insurance. We bought a Ford Expedition and now pay like a $40 accident surcharge for the insurance. Our insurance paid out to US Bank for our loan, but we still were stuck with like $640...the actuarial statistic for all 2000 Ford Explorers that were determined to be a total loss in 2003 showed an average of 50,000 miles odom. We had about 55,000 miles on the odom at the time of the accident, so they plugged all that into a formula and...they paid off all but $640 of our loan as we were penalized for being over the actuarial average of miles, so many cents per mile...horsesh!t, right? Anyway, your insurance will probably cover your bike, but yes, I'm certain your insurance premium will go up based on your insurance company's policies. You'll be darn lucky if does not. And I agree with Si-Lo, get the police reports, etc. Good luck, man, and I'm glad you're mostly okay. I'll shed a tear for your boo.  
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113253282 -->

Sorry to hear about that, you didn't even get to know the busa!!

Glad to hear your OK.

I hate theives and hit&runs
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif
guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

guns.gif

That sucks about your bike, good to hear you faired OK, A buddy of mine has State Farm, (as do I) and his gsxr 750 got stolen, (never found) 6 months later his new gsxr750 was totaled in a wreck (his fault) and about 2 years later his gsxr 1000 was stolen, State Fram never dropped him and I dont think they raised his rates.
so good luck

Glad you're OK! but I bet really bumbed out, maybee you will find the jackarses and kick the dog crap out of them for all of us!
mad.gif
I know it won't help the way your feeling about now but it would make me happy for you!

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113255242 -->

Back