crashed my baby. i need your help

Even if you picked up the missing piece don't try to salvage the old fairing. If it was fiberglass you'd be fine but not with plastic. That whole fairing is designed to flex, especially when removing it and that piece will eventually break back off. Once cracked your best bet is to toss it and get another one.

The only decal on the fairing is the mirrored Hayabusa one. The ridge you're feeling is the thickness of the secondary color over coat.
If you remove a panel and look at the back you'll see over spray in both colors proving one isn't a decal.

The idea of aftermarket "repair decals" has crossed my mind a number of times. Large vinyl decals formed, cut and perfectly color matched that would cover an entire fairing section for all the popular sport bikes would make some killer $$$$$

Sorry for your accident Scooter. Always sad to see one our baby's get scuffed. Good luck on getting er back on the road.

BD

cache and all the rest, i appreciate your help, but i got a second hand exhaust used for 1400km at the price of 200euros. it's brand new. it's usual price is 370 euros here. moreover the windshield that was broken was an aftermarket, so i reinstalled it's stock one

went to ask prices today. here in greece damn suzuki importer doesn't seem to want to sell parts to bikes not bought from him (cause my bike is imported, thus wasn't bought in greece). he wouldn't tell me any prices at all. mofo's... also i asked for painting and sticking of the broken part and told me 340 euros for nose/fender/side fairing. nice price and he guarantees the result will be the same as new (lets just hope). i only HOPE i can get the sticker cheap or else i'd kill myself. and the rear footpeg.

it all takes time though and i hope i can handle it emotionally seeing the busa as is..

Yassu Scooter,
Tikanete? Spelling is probably wrong but I'm sure you know what I mean. I'm half greek, the other half jamaican. My family from Greece is in Veria, Naoussa, and Thessaloniki. Now that we got that out the way...let me also say that I'm glad you were not seriously injured. Us Greeks drive like crazy back home so you could have been hurt much worse....
-Go to ebay...I know you don't trust it...try and trust me...go: in the search box type "Hayabusa". You'll get about 800 listings of stock parts and aftermarket accessories and parts...even stickers!!!
I got some chrome decals from them for no more than $50 and they shipped overseas (I'm active duty stationed in Germany). I just started with ebay since I've got my bike and had luckily, knock on wood, no bad experiences. If you curious about an item you can email the seller and ask before buying. Also if there is a part that says it's U.S only shipping as long as you have an APO address(which you may) you can again email the seller and explain to them they only pay for shipping to NY since that's where all APO mail goes to first and then get's broken down. All in all shipping usually takes about 10-14 days max for me. Your paint job is the only thing that I would have to say is a little tricky. If you can find one that can get it on the money or seriously close, you're in luck. If not, ask how much it would cost to do the whole bike over close to it's orginal colors on both sides. Believe it or not, sometimes tryin to get too detail on one side costs more than having all redone - even if it's two tone.
Personally I'd get it done to a new style since I'm already paying for me (but then again, I'm not planning on ever selling mine - just going to continue to trick it out)
-rear footpeg can also be bought from ebay real cheap.
I hope my info may help you despite your optimism over ebay. I can't say that I blame you, it took me nearly 2 yrs to finally try ebay, but now I'd say I'm sorry I didn't do it sooner....and I've nearly spent about $1k with them, majority of that in parts for the bike ranging from $30 parts to $300 parts. Good luck in getting your baby back up and running....
blush.gif

~Themitrios
aka
KoolKat

Bike.JPG

A few weeks ago when my kickstand flipped up

Since Suzuki can't design a kickstand
when you park your bike, roll it forward until it cant go no more, then put it down on the stand.... no chance of it rolling off the kickstand.

seems alot of ppl cant use a kickstand properly............
Not to hijack a thread here but:

BULLSHìT!!!

If there was no design flaw with the stand there wouldn't be mods posted here on how to make it work right by notching a section out of it.

You shouldn't HAVE to put the bike in first, push it forward, lock the steering to the left and kick the stand again to make sure it didn't move back a fraction of an inch.

Tell ya what, if you're around the midwest you can stop on by and I'll let you try to get either one of my 2 Honda's off it's kickstand. Put it in neutral, turn the handlebars all the way to the right get behind the bike and push as hard as you can. Most that will happen is the kickstand will drag forward along with the bike...not flip up and let the bike fall over like Suzuki's piss poor design.

thanks for the reply koolkat! glad that there's a greek around
smile.gif
anyway you put me into some serious thinking. do you guys think i should paint the whole bike from scratch? i think that my tank is already painted since the decals on it aren't stocks. if i repaint the whole bike in single color (other than double of the stock) i'll save a lot of money, i think it may even come cheaper that painting just fender/nose/one side fairing with double colors (nose and side) plus i'll save a lot of money by not getting the stock sticker which i heard costs a lot of money but instead get 'monkeys'. problem is that in my country (and i'd like to learn what happens in yours) a bike which doesn't have its original colors cannot be sold easily cause it loses a lot of its price. i mean here it also loses price if it doesn't have it's original exhausts but has aftermarket ones. by all means the thought of selling the haya hasn't even crossed my mind yet, but what if it occurs and have to sell it and noones there to buy it? what would you do? what if a newer haya model comes out and i want to trade mine for that? i'll have lost looooads of money. it will be something different though.

btw, anyone that has his bike painted in matte color? i'd love to see some pics...

anxious to see some answers...

Turbo, I never stated I didn't think there was a design flaw, just stated an easy way to park the bike so it wont roll forward off the kickstand.......................

I have a left side fairing, a nose piece, off a 02 BlknBlue, pic in classified, and a left side exhaust with 100mi on it in mint cond. If you decide to paint, and need some good plastic,s, let me know, I,ll give you a great deal.

damn.. i went to a service shop today, waited for 4 hours before they could take a look at the steering

of the bike and all they said is that it needs to be dissasembled. 4 hours just for this. i am sick of

it, seeing the busa like this makes my stomach upside down. i didn't sleep last night. it seems like the

bike is going straight but when i leave the clipons it does a slight wobble just for a couple of secs

and then it gets back to normal - this happening only in low speeds. in higher speeds it doesn't do it

at all. after the crash i topped it to see if any wobbling appeared and also put it in the twisties and

didn't see any changes at all. problem is i noticed that the handlebar holder 'looks' a bit to the right

when the wheel looks straight. i know it can be nothing but also know it can mean a lot of things. do

the stated symptoms mean anything to you guys? what should i do? maybe the cowling base is bent and gives me this picture? how can i check if anything is or is not in place? i am about to start crying, i am not in the mood of doing anything. i just look at it and... dunno, a pain in the stomach. please help me out.

tell me how i should check if everything is ok. what should i do?
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
i can't trust anyone here

with my baby

gave the plastics for painting. let's hope they'll come as expected...

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

Hard to believe you knocked anything out of line on the front end unless the front wheel took a hard hit. Do you have any heavy scars on the left bar end weight indicating it took a bad hit?

Could that wobble have been there all along and you haven't just noticed it until now? Many bikes will have a sweet spot where at a certain speed the front wheel will shimmy if your hands are not on the bars. On my 500T, if I take my hands off the bars at 60 mph it will track straight and be smooth as glass, once it slow to 46 mph there will be a slight shimmy which disappears again at exactly 44 mph. It's so slight that if I touch the bars with one finger the shimmy doesn't happen.

I attribute that to the front tire not being 100% perfectly balanced.

Do the bars REALLY look off center or is there a slim chance you're seeing problems that really aren't there? I'm not trying to be a smartass, it's just that after an accident you tend to get worried and really start to examine things till the point your mind starts playing tricks on you...just human nature.

You may want to let a friend take it out and see if he thinks the front ends looks/feels out of wack.

Before any high dollar front end work I'd get the front wheel balanced first to see if that cures your wobble. May want to also have the front brake rotors checked to make sure one isn't slightly warped.

As far as repainting the entire bike a solid color...the people in your country will be no different than ours. Some love the uniqueness and will buy it without hesitation. If it's really hot looking custom professional paint job you may increase the value of the bike.
Others (like me) wouldn't touch it with a 10' pole. Whenever I see a "newer" bike or car that does not have the original paint the first thing that goes through my mind is BAD ACCIDENT and 99.999% of the time that is the reason for the repaint.
Of course if it's something I really like and the owner claims it was just a customizing job or if it had very minor tip over damage along with before, during and after pics to prove it, then no problem.

If you do a custom one color keep your damaged pics. If someone questions you, just show them your pics as proof that the bike only had some minor scuffing.

You should probably look into frame sliders too. I just got done ordering a set for the Booo a few minutes ago. I figure if they save the fairings just once the price will have been worth it many times over.
Mine are coming from the UK and require NO cutting of the fairing so it should be interesting. I'll have some detailed pics when they arrive.
And for those thinking Magic Mushrooms which replace a fairing bolt...not even close
smile.gif

They couldn't have hurt. If you just slip and drop the bike while backing it out of the garage that will be $1000 in instant damage. I believe they would save the bike in a tip over.
I've heard people claim to have gone down at lower speeds and end up with not a single scratch.

The looks don't bother me too much, but the thought of boring holes in body panels that cost over $500 each makes me cringe.

turbo torch, well truth is that i have some pretty ugly scars in the left bar end from a hit. besides that my cowling base was bent even when i bought the bike but just slightly so i can remember that even before the accident the handlebars tended to look a bit off center. but just slightly. now seems like the base is wayyy off it's original point. what you say about the wobble could be right, cause like i already mentioned you don't actually feel it in your hands but just see it when you take your hands of the handlebars. dunno if it was there before though. at the time being i don't have a tank in the bike so i can't really test anything. as for the rim, hmm... don't know if it took any bad hit, but don't think so, because it had no marks of 'land' when i picked it up from the crash, and...it should have if it was hit.

first thing i'l do when i get it is go check if rim and rotors are balanced and then anything else. i assume upside down forks can manage more power that normal ones.

oh well, i'll just have to wait and see. i was just wondering though if i could get away without having to buy a new cowling base :/

Back