I wrecked my baby

Well Brotha Damn sorry to hear that you took a spill but aleast it is cosmetic mostly if you need any thing just give me a ring I will do what I can for ya. Also were your tires warm before taking those twisties if not that is key before you hit them twisties to get your tires to temp did some corner work at Texas World Speed way Yesterday and seen some good riders go down because they did not take a warm up lap prior to getting on the trottle.

Could have been much worse, so glad you are okay. Maybe I missed it, but what caused the damage to the right side?

Holy sh1t....glad you made it out OK! Bikes can be fixed or replaced, but bodies are musch harder to fix. Looks like that Shoei saved you for sure, I doubt you've had walked away with much of your face if you weren't wearing it.

Good luck with the recovery and getting back on the road, brother!!

first off, Thank GOD your alright and still with us. Glad to see the bike wasn't hurt too bad either.

Ronayers.com is a good place to look for bodywork. http://www.babbittsonline.com/ may be worth a look too.

If you want to stay with the red and grey, you'll want to order asap since body panels that old aren't commonly in stock. May take quite awhile if suzuki has to make them and send them.

Could order recent different colored panels (or find some on ebay) and have them repainted. Heard somewhere that there may be a slight difference in mounts between the 99-00 models and 01-07 models but i'm not sure.

Someone posted this on sh.org and while i question the quality because of price and that it is from china, doesn't seem to be too much negative said about them and a whole new look for a bit over $500 is tempting : http://www.fairingfactory.com/

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ORANGE-BUSA-GSXR-1300-Hayabusa-fairing-bodywork-99-07_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35606QQih

Z004QQitemZ140216535189QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting" onclick="window.open(this.href,'_blank');return false;">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....hosting</a>

I am doing pretty well, and I thank everyone for the kind words of encouragement. It means a lot. We just went and picked up the bike and it looks like I will be needing the following.

1: Clutch lever (Firedog5800)
2: Both lower fairings (it looks like everything is pushed to the right)
3: left front blinker
4: Right side mirror (and more than likely the other mirror)
5: Stator cover
6: Bar Ends (Shibumi)

That is all that I can think of for now. It also looks like the damage to the other side was done at the end of the slide. It looks like the bike flipped at the end. I think one mod that I am for sure going to do is the frame sliders LOL....

Again I appreciate the help and the encouragement from everyone. Also it is looking like there was oil on the road with water from sprinklers and to add to that, the tire was not warm enough for the pushing.

ouch man, ouch!
beerchug.gif

is your insurance gonna cover this? if so, most likely they will total it. It looks exactly like my damage, stator cover opened. and the key to the totaling was that the larger fairing mounting bolt that had snapped off and marred the frame(noted as frame damage). your frame looks scratched. if you go through your insurance, they will most likely total the bike.

I have a set of mirrors, they are not perfect, but never been down, just usual bugs bouncing off the backs.. and a set of OEM bar ends if you wanna pay for shipping I will send them out to you.

Also a dealer at the formentioned RonAyers.. could save you a few bucks on the fairings if you wanted to go new?

And I recommend woodcraft if you gotta buy a stator cover, you might as well get a good one!

Sorry to read of your spill bro.....I don't have any of the part your needing but these guys/gals here will help with anything they can. This is a family away from your family!

Hope your return is swift!

Dan
winkold.gif

Man, really sorry you crashed. But, I'm really glad you didn't get hurt to bad. Not much to offer, I've got stock brake lines and bar ends. It probably won't help much but it you need what I have, its yours...

I also have OEM bar ends i can send ya. i just got chrome ones. stupid Ques. do you need a kickstand also? Glad to hear you doin well. Get well, stay well.

I don't Have Any Parts to Help you Sorry !!  But I am Gladd your OK. Your Helmet Looks alot like My Helmet did during my Crash !!!!!!!  I did'nt break any Ribbs but did Break the Collar Bone and I Killed One Small Dog
SHOCKED.gif

Back