my busa is wrecked

day 3 on my new 05 busa
500 and somthing miles on the odometer and a big smile on my face .

then bam a car hits me , puts me down and takes off

hit and run.  

i was wearing decent gear so i got off easy. broken right pinky and some road rash to my left arm .

the bike looks like toast, rashed and bashed all over .
luckily i have full coverage.

i am wondering how this is goanna effect my inurance . a hit and run with no witnesses

If you have state farm then no....it will NOT affect your insurance. Same as if you parked your bike and someone rolled it off the kickstand. Hit and runs do not count against you....

I sold my Icon Textile jacket and ordered 2 new leather jackets from Newenough. Your pics pretty much prove the worthlessness of textile jackets.

it was a first racing mesh jacket . i hit the ground at a HIGH rate of speed and i was supriseed it held up as much as it did . take note the mesh jacket was worn over a buch of layers so i am guessing i would have had a much worse road rash
here is what i had on

1 mesh jacket (for the padding/protection)
2 thin wind breaker to break the wind cause the mesh lets ALL the air through
3 a sweater for warmth
4 a wetsuit jacket (3mm neoprene) for warmth , i was widing near the beach roads in ny and it is chilly

i think the wetsuit helped the rash alot

the wetsuit was shredded to nothing , better than if it was my skin being disintergrated

i will find out if i can buy the bike back from the inurance company and i will try to get pics of the bike today

Thanks for sharing that info gm! You were sure layered up!! I'm still going with the mesh jacket but I'm going to be damn sure I leave the removable pads in place. I'll go with a leather jacket as well, ASAP, for the cooler days.

went to look at the bike today . it wasnt as bad as i thought . i want to hear some offers . i think the inurance company will definitely total it and if i can buy it back i will sell it . hopefully as a whole bike

offers?

my father had a digital camera but he took the worst pictures , i will have to take some myself when i get a chance

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113440702 -->

b1.jpg

Sorry to hear about the blind cager hitting you and wrecking your new bike. Glad to hear you're alive to tell the story.

You should be able to get $4k for it easy...sell it as a whole only dont part it.

How much does the Insurance company want to sell it to you for?

Man glad to hear you're ok, Hope you get the SOB that did that to you and your bike this sux big time

<!--EDIT|madlyhs
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113498731 -->

GM:

Glad you're doing ok. Remember...
What goes around, comes around!

You should be able to get $4k for it easy...sell it as a whole only dont part it.

How much does the Insurance company want to sell it to you for?
Uh....$4k is way to high for the damage I can see. Plus you don't even know if the frame or forks are bent.

Unless he plans to rebuild it as a spare bike or parts bike, I WOULD PART IT OUT! Depending on the frame, forks, swingarm, tail, etc.....

See what the insurance co. will let it go for. $1,000!
biggrin.gif

guys i dont want to stir up any sheeet

lets see what the inurance company says

i am not looking fo a BIG SCORE on selling it

if they let me buy it back for a fair price i wll take the bike from them
only if i feel i can do a little better selling it to someone here

Back