crashed my baby. i need your help

scooterlord

Registered
went to ride today. we went 5 guys in a very twisty road. but not of the big-busa-type of turns. small-quick turns over bad asphalt. it was very tight for me, but i kinda pushed myself to my limits.

..in a turn i couldn't hold it, it endoed and fell behind some barriers on a pile of rocks. considering the way i fell the damage was very little:

smashed screen
one weight of the steering wheel
front mask
left side fairing
left side engine cap
left exhaust smashed good
left behind marpsie (where codrivers steps on)
minor damage to front wing
minor damage to tail

it's a 01 blue-silver model. if you happen to have any parts let me know. i am in really bad financial shape. help me out
sad.gif

i may post pics later

Sorry to hear about that, Scooter! Wish I had the parts to send 'ya!

sad.gif
Sorry to hear what happened to you...Glad your OK and not hurt. Don't have any parts as of right now , but if I come accross any I'll PM you.

Dan

Man, I hate that you scuffed yer baby. Glad you're ok and able to post about it though. Oh, and I hear that it's kinda hard to find parts for those busa steering wheels.
wink.gif

last but not least.... the cell phone was at the back of my pocket... i broke/lost 3 cell phones the past 2 months... my clothes/helmet/leather jacket were not hurt at the fall... my arai helmet though got a beautiful nice stone in its airhole on its windshield to be the cherry on the cake (i have the astro/j arai helmet-03 gary mccoy replica)...

i've been quite an unlucky driver. smashed my cbr f4 thrice (2 of which not of my mistake-although i have paid for 2 times-waiting for the court) and we are talking about 2000euro damage+ and now this. damn i am 23 and can't keep up financially with my crashes..
sad.gif
i am sick of it. i just finished my finals, i am taking my degree in x-rays, just 2 days ago, i was so happy i did so well and now this happens. i am desperate. have no idea what to do. are there any good aftermarket products for the parts i smashed that also happen to be any cheaper than the originals? and damn i can't find many aftermarket parts for haya here in greece... h e l p
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

New001.jpg

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

... i don't know how insurance works in your countries guys, but here in greece, whenever it's your fault you are the one to pay. i am thinking maybe i can do something with a friend of mine; he'll say that he caused an accident with me falling, so maybe i can get some money. don't know what to do.. really. in the meantime i am about to go in the army soon and am not sure if i will do the plastics. i was told that with about 300 euros i can have front mask and side fairing painted, but i am not sure if they can match the color perfectly. it has this damn pattern on the side..

and btw, has anyone painted his haya front mask and sides and has some pics? problem is that one side fairing will stay as is, so if the color doesn't match i won't be able to sleep at night
sad.gif
do you think that if the painter is good it can be done right? do they mask it or something? :/

Sorry as Hell to hear about this, Bro...just got my baby back on the road myself...my damage was a bit worse than yours, though. Your plastic is not bad at all, any good body shop can fix that easy...as for the side fairing-EBAY. I found one just slightly rashed for $100 US. As to the paint, most of it is stickers...time for a custom job, buddy!!! You'll be much happier, believe me. Look at www.alloutgraphics.com for fantastic replacement decals. Good luck w/ it...you'll be hating life for awhile without her, but the feeling of getting her back...incredible.
beerchug.gif

Dscf0006small.jpg

Sorry to hear about your crash and I am glad your ok. Maybe you need to considder weather you are pushing your limits or riding beyond them.

Sorry to hear about your accident. From the pics it doesn't look too bad. Sounds like you only have liability insurance on it. When we get full coverage in the US everything is covered. Most people drop the full coverage and get liability when the bike or car gets older to the point it isn't worth the extra cost.

I'm like you when it comes to repainting. A few weeks ago when my kickstand flipped up and my bike rolled over in gravel I chose to replace the panels so there would be no chance of a color mismatch.
My bike was only 2 months old, however if it was a couple of years old I'd have considered taking it to a body shop and having it repainted.

If money is an issue, repainting is your best option. The fender and nose cowl will be no problem.
Your left lower fairing is JUNK.
You have a few options with that. Since Suzuki can't design a kickstand there are quite a few left fairings out there with minor clear coat scuffs from tip overs. Get one cheap and have it repainted.

Get one of the very inexpensive aftermarket fairings. They are naked with just a coat of primer so you'll need to have it painted too. Since there is no previous paint pattern to go by the body shop will probably charge more. You'll also need any decals.

Order a new fairing from Suzuki through ronayers.com. You're looking at about $470 (US) plus shipping. If you also want the front nose cowl and fender you'll be over $1000 plus shipping. Prepainted and all decals and rear insulation installed.

The black stator cover (engine cap as you called it) is a dime a dozen part. $50 to $60 new on eBay in black or chrome.
If only the paint is scratched and the metal not gouged you can get some light sand paper and sand it bare metal and then spray a coat of gloss black high temp engine paint on it. Don't even bother removing it, just mask around it and spray the front. It's such a small part with common black paint it will look like brand new.

Exhaust cans are also dime a dozen. So many people replace them with aftermarket mufflers you can pick up stock ones on ebay or the classifieds on here for next to nothing.
Same for the windscreen or just get a new ZG aftermarket for under $100.

first of all i want to thank everyone for their replies, especially turbo-torch for his thorough answer. now some new questions have arissen and want your opinion/expertese on these:

a) so my bike is the blue silver. i noticed that in the nose the silver color is on top of the blue and in the fairing is the blue on top of silver. so, are these stickers? or is it a 2-color masked paint one on top of other? if they are stickers i am one happy man... i'll go get em and paint.

b) as for ebay: i looked for exhausts, one set i found, left exhaust also scratched. i don't trust ebay all that much either. never used it so far because of this fear. as for the fairing that was suggested to get a second hand one and re-paint it, no reason for that since it can be stuck back together (i found the broken part and picked it up)

c) as for the cap, although it could be done the way you suggested (mask and paint) it's cheap enough so that its replacement doesn't worry me at all.

d) decals.... no. i prefer the bike with its original colors since it's a bitch to sell if not.

kinda good news is that i took the whole thing kinda lightly. i've fallen millions of times, and hoped i never fell with the busa but this time i was glad about 2 things:
-didn't have my girlfriend on. i wouldn't forgive myself if anything happened to her
-another car wasn't coming from the opposite direction when i crashed.
the fall was generally very lucky, if you could see how the bike fell you would never believe how it was hurt so little.

moreover i checked a page online from my country and noticed that a fella is selling brand new stock exhausts in good price (doesn't mention price) so i'll give him a call tomorrow and see what happens.

tomorrow i'll go get the clutch, steering weight, corider footpeg which are necessary/cheap. i'll see what happens with the exhausts and let you guys know. i just wonder when i see those chromed, polished, lots-of-money-in-aftermarket-parts busas, how their owners mantain them. do they push their limits with em? or they just use them for easy riding and show-off?

oh, plus, i want to add something really important. what happened today was due to a few reasons i'd like to share just in case i prevent any similar occasions. i overestimate the bike. damn, i have a busa for crying out loud! wtf? i also overestimated myself. i consider myself to be quite a good rider (besided falling so many times-even valentino rossi falls :p). pretty stupid thing, i realized it's just a bike. itself doesn't guarantee me shjt. i believe it's the king in some matters, in some others not... eg today's case. it can't handle tight twisties like my cbr did. you may think that this was prolly obvious but i didn't think so. i can finish both my front and rear tire on the busa and almost scratch in corners with 300kph on the speedo. it seems to handle easily change of direction also... it doesn't seem to change direction while downshifting and braking though (like a lighter bike could do). and the most stupid thing that caused all this... like i didn't know, and didn't tell this to all my friends and stuff NOT TO DO. i couldn't bear the thought that a fazer 1000 and an old v-max could be in front of me, no matter they had ridden those twisties for many times and mine was the first, no matter that the fazer's rider was 55 years old (and scared the poop out of me sometimes). dunno... i acted stupidly cause i knew my limits and always ride within them, don't know what got into me. the truth is i saved the bike just on time a few more times before i crashed it, but i never thought that this could happen. sorry it's so long, just need to talk to people that might understand the situation i am going through :/

just checked that ronayers.com discount site. it's prices are awesome but they don't send abroad. would anyone be kind to get them for me and me pay him via paypal good+shipping+extra something if i don't come up with a solution? :/

Back