my first time.......

OZZY

DOIN' WORK...
Donating Member
Registered
well, it finally happened. Finally witnessed my first motorcycle accident this morning on the way tol work.
sad.gif

i was sittin in traffic on RT 8N waitin to get on the ohio turnpike when all of a sudden a fella ridin what looked like a 1000rr comes blowing past in the emergency lane at atleast 80mph wearin jeans, a hoodie, and a lid. up ahead the traffic had stopped to let and acura integra pull into a side road. upon pulling into the road, the acura was hit broadside by the rider and sent the car into an electric pole. i saw the rider fly over the car, over a road sign (which was a good 7ft tall) and landing in the first thick of brush heading into the woods about 30 ft from his bike.

i figured he was running from the police since there were 3 cruisers and a motorcycle cop at the scene within a minutes time.

once traffic was moving after allowing the cruisers to get to the scene, i drove past the wooded area and the rider was laying face down in the brush and not moving. i did not stop since there were about 10 other witnesses pulled off the road at the scene plus about 15 people from a few businesses right there.

on my way to work i was listening to the traffic report and apparently they called life flight, but im not sure if that is gonna do this fella any good.....

all in all, that was my first time seeing a motorcycle wreck, and to be quite honest, i hope it is my last. it was gutr wrenching as hell to see that guy run into that car at such a high rate of speed and then watch him fly through the air. i dont feel bad for him, considering he was evidently running from the law, but i do feel for his family, friends, and the driver of the other vehicle for having to deal with this.

Witnessing a crash sux. I generally see two to three a year that require the rider to be life flighted out. At least you were able to drive past. Its worse when you know the rider and have to comfort them at the scene while waiting for the rescue sqad.

Please be safe out there. It only takes a second of bad judgment to ruin the rest of your life.

Yeah, witnessing crashes sucks, especially when it is someone you are riding with - like the D man said, know you are trying to focus on them to make sure everything is okay - while at the same time, thinking of things to make sure it doesn't happen to you... That is why I have found that is it just better to be the one who crashes... that way, you may not remember most of it...
crazy.gif

Last 2 crashes I watched, both friends got up and rode home thank god. But it sux big time. Just 2 weeks ago I was out riding with my cousin thinking:" there is a lot of gravel on this road, it would sure suck if I crashed my new bike". And then I watched as he slipped on some gravel, corrected it and ran out of road. Into a muddy ditch he went.
sad.gif
I'm glad we were only going about 25, could have been a lot worse.

I look at it this way, just what can I learn from this. Well, not blasting by traffic is one and/or trying to out run someone, police or not.

Sad
sad.gif
, people just don't learn or get this "It can't happen to ME" Attitude. I really feel sorry for the person driving the car. Not their fault, but if he dies, it's still something you'll NEVER forget !

(BusaWhipped @ May 11 2007,09:36)
(MC MUSTANG @ May 11 2007,08:23)  That is why I have found that is it just better to be the one who crashes... that way, you may not remember most of it...
crazy.gif
SHOCKED.gif
Ummmm... I can back up what Shawn said. I still don't remember half the stuff of my wreck.
crazy.gif

Prayers going out for this guys family and all affected by this wreck.
sad.gif

crazy.gif

Back