Another one gone. :o(

Laylas_Mom

Registered
CASSELBERRY, Fla. -- A motorcyclist was killed in Seminole County early Thursday morning in a hit-and-run crash, and the driver of the vehicle involved in the incident was later found and questioned, authorities said.

Michael Yerger, 32, was killed in the crash, which occurred at about 2:20 a.m. near Red Bug Lake Road and Mark David Boulevard, according to police.

Yerger was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the vehicle that struck the motorcycle fled the scene but was found a short time later in a nearby neighborhood, police said. Charges are pending, police said.

Police: Motorcyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run - Traffic News Story - WKMG Orlando

Do you guys think if all the local bikers start showing up at these funerals that it would raise awareness to this issue??

Show up on your bike. yes it will help. BUt tougher penalties would be better. Write your congressman and join a biker rights organization and become involved.

sorry to say, I just doubt there is much that will raise "driver" awareness.. in fact it is only getting worse.. Cell phones, texting, fixing the family dinner with your portable microwave are all just making it less likely drivers are going to notice you on a bike..

CYA (cover your azz) at all times, always leave an out and ride like a dip-wad only when no one else can ruin your day...

Always assume the guy in the car is going to run the light or turn in front of you

anyway..

This does not even have to ruin your ride, just expect the unexpected is all..

Really is no harder to ride like this than like a person with their head in the clouds.. :) becomes second nature with a bit of practice...

You will never eliminate crashes 100% but you can stop 99% of them...

doing nothing will definitely not help!!! so i say go for it...if we started getting massive turnouts at funerals of those killed by drivers in cages, the media would take notice sooner or later and politicians would realize that there are votes to be gained by catering to the riding community...pressure on politicians is the only way that new laws and/or tougher penalties will ever be enacted... the worst scenario is that nothing will continue to happen but at least we support each other

A lady pulled out of a side street right in front of me this morning (happens all the time) and when got to the light I very sternly asked why she did not stop? She said "I saw you and you were in the other lane" I replied "THE POINT IS YOU DID NOT EVEN STOP AND LOOK"

Funny thing is this: THESE PEOPLE ARE THE FIRST TO SAY THEY SAW YOU WHEN NOTHING HAPPENS, AND THE FIRST TO SAY THEY DID NOT SEE YOU WHEN THEY HIT YOU AND TRANSFER THE BLAME TO US, THEN WALK AWAY FROM A DEADLY ACCIDENT WITHOUT SO MUCH AS A TICKET!!!!!"

Yes, I am ranting, but this just makes me sick.

Last edited:
Prayers to family and friends. And a special prayer for justice.

Maybe not but I for one LOVE riding in the weeee hours of the morning.

+1 that's when i do most of my riding if i am by myself, i like being able to tell if another vehicle is coming from the other direction...i would much rather have to dodge the animals that occasionally show up in my way than tangle with an idiot that comes around a curve in my lane without any warning :beerchug:

Sorry to hear

fallen_riderz.jpg

It would raise awareness for everyone to start paying attention! It is always a sad day when a rider passes away. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

Maybe not but I for one LOVE riding in the weeee hours of the morning.

I do too, but risk is increased, and different risks than those associated with daylight riding. Visibility/animals/DRUNKS.

some of my best rides were those times especially in the summer when it stays a little warmer, cool dense air just you nobody else around. It always sucks to hear another rider went down. Especially for this reason.

Back