OOPS! Pulled my first wheelie today

CWCobra

Registered
By accident. I had been riding for a couple of hours. It was 40 degrees od so, very dry air. The "Busa was running great. After a stop on a back country road, I was winding out first gear, shifted into second, and noticed my front wheel come up. First time for me. It was amazingly easy - but I did not stay up long. It kinda surprised me to tell the truth.

I have ridden bikes since 1970 (mostly cruisers until now), and this was my first wheelie. It was fun. Can't wait to do it again!

CW

descretion is the better part of valor :) careful and have a ball.. just pick your times and places carefully... wheelie tickets from what I hear are the kiss of death..

At 40 degrees, its a good thing it did come up and not the rear end breaking loose

Make sure you have your feet cover the rear brake in case if you went too far on ur bike.

At 40 degrees, its a good thing it did come up and not the rear end breaking loose

That's what I was thinking Sam. I went out Monday. It was 39 here so I had to ride. Took off from the light and the rear spun right up on me. I went no where fast.
Becareful in cooler temps with these weapons. LOL

ok last post of thread jack... LOL

here is nightmare suppression therapist.. and actually she wants to get a "sport bike" AND make Spring Bash.. Go figure..

xmas08-2.jpg

Be careful Cobra---wheelies become extremely addictive! You'll need to go through wheelie intervention!:rofl:

A wheelie in Florida will cost you $1000...And that's just for the first one :banghead:

I bought my last Busa extended and with alot of chrome, that really curbs my wheelie addiction, now roasting the back tire, thats a different story.

I still need to do something about the wifes 750 though, everytime i get on it 1 bump of the throttle and we are birdwatching!!!!!!:bounce: hehehehehe.

Last edited:
Wheelies can easily become an addiction. However, one who rides a sport bike and never learns to enjoy the art of one wheel only has one nut! :laugh:

Back