My first wheelie

Nekosohana

Registered
So we were out riding with my family and the road opened up. I passed up the group and got to the stop sign.

My dad's friend pulls up and says "C'mon, I know that thing has more than that..."
"You want to see what it can do, huh?"
"Yup."
I looked out at the open road... and said "Fine!"

I reved it up and ripped out in first, at my shift point, I don't know what happened. I think I was leaning back too far... that and my girlfriend was on the back. Or I popped the clutch, I really don't know.

Needless to say at about 60-80 all of the sudden the wheel was higher than I had ever seen it, and I couldn't see the road. Of course I did what anyone would and panicked. I grabbed the throttle of a half second and realized that was a bad idea, because the wheelie didn't stop.

I grabbed the clutch, and rolled off the throttle, and the wheel came down (surprisingly smooth), and off we went. When I hit the ground I looked at the speedo and I was doing about a hundred.

So impressions in retrospect...
That was the scariest thing I had done on the bike.
It really pissed my girlfriend off, who said that her ass hit the grab bar on the way up.
I didn't get the launch that I wanted.

So no more wheelies for me. It was kinda cool to have the experience, but realistically, that was not my idea of fun.

Dayuum!!
SHOCKED.gif
wow.gif
bowdown.gif
Got NOS
rock.gif

I bet it was a good show for the rest of the group!!

Going two up will do that, if you were riding solo probably would have floated but not wheelied.

No more wheelies for you huh??? yeah sure! as soon as yer gfriend isn't standing over you(as you typed this) you'l go back for another one. lol

(heavybusa @ Jun. 09 2007,08:53) I bet it was a good show for the rest of the group!!

Going two up will do that, if you were riding solo probably would have floated but not wheelied.
+1 it is amazing the difference an extra 100 pounds on the rear seat makes.
SHOCKED.gif

(Suijuris @ Jun. 09 2007,09:05) No more wheelies for you huh???   yeah sure! as soon as yer gfriend isn't standing over you(as you typed this) you'l go back for another one. lol
lol, thanks.

Less than half tank, mine will pull a wheelie real easy with just me on it. Gotta clutch it with a full tank.
laugh.gif

I love power-up wheelies in first... Intentionally tried the clutch wheelie in 2d, and well, I didn't finesse the throttle very well, shot straight up, my left hand and right foot came off the Busa, while my buddies watching in terror thinking I was going to side-plant the Busa at over 80mph! I was in so much shock, so quickly, I actually relaxed, eased off the throttle while simultaneously reaching back for the bar with left hand and getting my right foot back on the peg... I coast to a stop down the road, checked me drawers, as I hopped off Busa shaking, and called it quits for the day. Very nerve rattling it is when you don't expect the outcome.
On the other side of that, the power-up's are very smooth, controlled and relaxing to ride, once in great while I get the shift into 2d, most the time riding out 1st is enough for me.

Hope your GF doesn't have bruised tail like I did after smacking the hump one time...ouch.

Lol...... Sure it'll be your last......
we'll see bout that.......

all_coholic.gif
beerchug.gif

Three questions,

1 Whats a weelie?

2 Whats a TRE

3 00
all_coholic.gif

You will proably get new draws
for fathers day cuz that one will
make shid your pants, but it won't
take long for you to try it on
purpose
beerchug.gif

1st gear run to about 40 and nail the throttle front end will rise . mine does anyways ,Havent tried to shift to 2nd yet

Happened to me yesterday w/ a 1st gear roll on.. just outta nowhere it came up about 45 deg..
smile.gif
Scared the ever livin' crap outta me.. my brother was watching and his face pretty much told me it was pretty high!!.. Glad we both made it out of it..
super.gif

2 things keep my front wheel on the ground:

1. the cost of new fork springs and seals
2. the cost of fairings and repaints if it goes South..

I know I know- I'm a wuss.

BUSAFETT

what did the guy say who egged you on?  
laugh.gif

p.s. mannnn dont try anything with a passeneger on, they're your responsibility...

Never, Never,Never show off for friends etc! Just be glad you have the meanest bike in the land! Showing off is a death sentence waiting to happen! RULE: 666 I'm glad you survived this one!!!!!!!!!
bowdown.gif

Back