Question for you wheelie kings!

Listen to six pack, I did and now I can control it a lot better. I can't ride a wheelie but she lifts up 1st and 2nd with 4 foot of space under the front tire. I'm finding it fun and something new to learn on the busa. I always love hearing my friends with 600s and 1000s saying the busa is too heavy to do those kinds of things. My biggest problem is throttle control, finding that sweet spot that she wants to lift but not too fast. Also hold the tank with your knees if your sittings down because crunching the "boys" against the tank doesn't feel good.

I'm too much of a bish I think. On my 900rr it was CAKE along with stoppies. But I keep thinking my busa will just keep going back until we're both upside down

I'm too much of a bish I think. On my 900rr it was CAKE along with stoppies. But I keep thinking my busa will just keep going back until we're both upside down

Only if you let it, you're in control.
If you can ride a good wheelie on one bike, you can ride one on any bike.:beerchug:

I wouldn't worry about the clutch too much. I would think about the main and rod bearings not getting the proper amount of oil when the engine is at the extreme angles when in a wheelie.

when i first learned to wheelie with my first bike(busa) i kept my hand on the outer edge of the throttle so that when it comes up you don't accidentally hit the throttle causing you to loop it.

I worry about the fork seals too. Awhile back Blanca posted a pic of his fork seals. One of my buddies told me there supposed to be dry. Mine look exactly like Blanca's. He said that's from doing wheelies. I haven't done many wheelies at all, and I certainly haven't slammed the busa down on any of them. He said well it only takes 1. Now I'm paranoid I'll have to drop a few hundred bucks on fork seals.

I worry about the fork seals too. Awhile back Blanca posted a pic of his fork seals. One of my buddies told me there supposed to be dry. Mine look exactly like Blanca's. He said that's from doing wheelies. I haven't done many wheelies at all, and I certainly haven't slammed the busa down on any of them. He said well it only takes 1. Now I'm paranoid I'll have to drop a few hundred bucks on fork seals.

Once you learn how to wheelie good, you'll be able to set it down smooth without impact.
It's the hard drops when you just close the throttle that hurt the fork seals.
Forks aren't hard to do either.
It costs around $100 for factory oil and dust seals and 2 quarts of oil(as both forks will take just over one quart).:beerchug:

I wouldn't worry about the clutch too much. I would think about the main and rod bearings not getting the proper amount of oil when the engine is at the extreme angles when in a wheelie.

The oil pickup tube is towards the back of the pan, so the gen2 isn't starving for oil.
My gen2 had over 17k miles on it when I traded it. It had countless wheelies, many for a mile or more.
The engine sounded and performed like new, no knocking, ticks, or lack of power.
I always use synthetic oil too.:beerchug:

Sounds good. You make it sound easy. Lol
I roade with Sixpack some and he was the best I had seen. He could go forever as long as he has the road. I really enjoyed watching him. I never tried it and to be honest was to scared to :laugh: Here are a couple of pics I got of him. I hope he doesn't mind me posting :thumbsup:

DSC_0591.jpg

DSC_0601.jpg

That has got to be photoshopped. The rear suspension isn't compressed near enough! If it is real, then that is just wrong...to treat a bike like that! :laugh:

That has got to be photoshopped. The rear suspension isn't compressed near enough! If it is real, then that is just wrong...to treat a bike like that! :laugh:

Really? Have you ever seen anyone that large? She's prob twice his height..... That would make her like 12 ft tall.

No. No. No Tufbingobusaboy...:goodboy:.... Get ya a big'in on da back, no need for the dinner plate sprocket, So easy even a cotton top can do it.

Dang, I think she could wear your skirt Big Boy. Everybody in your family that size? :shocked:

Back