Question for you wheelie kings!

Once you learn how to wheelie good, you'll be able to set it down smooth without impact.
It's the hard drops when you just close the throttle that hurt the fork seals.
Forks aren't hard to do either.
It costs around $100 for factory oil and dust seals and 2 quarts of oil(as both forks will take just over one quart).:beerchug:

Just replaced both dust and oil seals on both sides.....Justin Hooked me up. It was about 73 bucks shipped for oil and seals:thumbsup::laugh::cheerleader::cheerleader:

i have been riding for about 13yrs. and this is one thing i want to do bad with my bike. i can pull the wheelie but to spooked to hold it. here is something i was looking at a few years ago but never got around to picking one up. anyone ever try it with success? :whistle:
Wheelie Teach>
Teach Level 1 - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I roade with Sixpack some and he was the best I had seen. He could go forever as long as he has the road. I really enjoyed watching him. I never tried it and to be honest was to scared to :laugh: Here are a couple of pics I got of him. I hope he doesn't mind me posting :thumbsup:

Thanks Doug, but you need to ride with us some more this summer, and see a couple of my friends ride.
My simple wheelies can't touch their skills!

And that was a great ride that day!:thumbsup:

i have been riding for about 13yrs. and this is one thing i want to do bad with my bike. i can pull the wheelie but to spooked to hold it. here is something i was looking at a few years ago but never got around to picking one up. anyone ever try it with success? :whistle:
Wheelie Teach>
Teach Level 1 - YouTube[/url]

My only concerns with that would be; how do you transition away from it? As in, learn to ride without it.
Most of the balance on a wheelie is front to back, but you do need to balance side to side too.
If you can't balance side to side, then you can't steer.
I would think that those double wheels on the bar would somewhat hinder your side to side balance and control.
I also wonder if you can feel that the bar is always on there, or only when it reaches the limit it was set to?
What is your mental state going to be when you take the bar off? Like most everything in life, wheelies are only a small percentage of physical ability, the rest is all mental.
By all means, try it. Whatever it takes to help you get to where you want to be.
Personally, I think that standup wheelies are safer too, as you can get your center of gravity a little further forward. You also have more room to move around on the bike, as opposed to being in the seat.
A long and low standup wheelie is easy to learn and control. Then you just have to start slowly building them higher.
Most of all, relax. Being tense or worried will get you almost every time. Once you figure it out you'll be suprised how easy it is!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back