First Wheelie

I didn't want to bring this up or start anything but, without out a TRE isn't the Busa power decreased in first and 2nd, so that you don't flip it on accident?
lurk.gif

thanks for all the posts because I now know what NOT to do as im not interested at all in pulling the front up..you guys are nuts...haha

I don't tr to wheelie on purpose but through aggressive acceleration I have had it up floating. I have hit the throttle on my stock bike over 6 or 7k in 2nd and had it come up a little. At the end of my break in I left it in 2nd running over 6k and gave it a whack and it came up quickly. I did not have to clutch it.

(keys @ Feb. 28 2007,20:34) I didn't want to bring this up or start anything but, without out a TRE isn't the Busa power decreased in first and 2nd, so that you don't flip it on accident?
lurk.gif
Well now...see, that is reason for taking mine off.

As the TRE has been a subject of great debate in if it really does anything, if it's needed, if in fact there is proof the bike does have timming retarded, and the tre could possible be (in my inference to all this based on conflicting opinions) the biggest scam since the pet rock.

I've got dual HMF high rise with a power commander. Does the Power commander think I am always in 5th gear as well? If so, then it totally negates the positive effect and purpose of the power commander and map.

I do know for a fact, I hammered 2nd gear 4000-5000 or so, rpm constantly and never had the front end pop up with the tre.

Take the tre out, let the PCIII do it's job and..pop, the front end went skyward easily.
rock.gif

What does that tell us? In my mind anyway, makes a strong case for what Mr Johnny Cheese tends to say.

what's a tre?
rock.gif
.....But I kid you not there is an article in march 2007 Sport Rider pg.76 promoting Ivan's tre with a power commander and ivan's specific map for the gsxr-1000!! So it must work huh???
SHOCKED.gif

I also notice I'm not getting any backfires...did the marble mod but I would still get a pop hear and there with the tre in.

I'm thinking back and I don't think I've gotten a single backfire since I pulled the little bugger out.

(PaNDeM1C @ Feb. 27 2007,15:46)
(Over_Easy @ Feb. 27 2007,14:36) I've had the tire just off the ground in 1st by accident, but there is no way I can get it off the ground in 2nd w/out possibly popping the clutch.  I've hammered it down in 2nd and the wheel will not get off the ground - all the way to redline...not that I really wanted it to, but I just wanted to see if it would even just get off the ground...no such luck.

Maybe I'm not leaning/sitting back enough...who knows.
Same, here. I've rolled hard on the gas in 2nd up to redline and never had it come off the ground... I'm I'm only 165 pounds. I have only been able to get the nose up in 1st when I get the rpms over 5k and then let off... and then crack it. I roll on it pretty quick in 1st and the nose still stays planted. And I've also got a 43 sprocket! It still stays planted unless I let off and then crack it in first.

I've talked with several people here in private that believe people who say they can get it up in 2nd or 3rd with power alone are probably lying... or maybe they just think they are getting it up.

So to everyone.... I don't mean to call anyone a liar, but just HOW can you get the nose up in 2nd on power alone without slipping the clutch? I know others are interested, too.
VIAGARA!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Lucky34 @ Mar. 01 2007,18:49) Me on "Gixxie" before she got stolen
sad.gif
super.gif
Love to see it, especially the guys that nearly go 12 oclock and ride forever. Wish I had the skillz, something else to get me in trouble.

(dadofthree @ Mar. 01 2007,16:13)
(Lucky34 @ Mar. 01 2007,18:49) Me on "Gixxie" before she got stolen
sad.gif
super.gif
Love to see it, especially the guys that nearly go 12 oclock and ride forever. Wish I had the skillz, something else to get me in trouble.
You can develop the skilz..just takes lotsa practice.The busa is just a hard bike to learn on...
That gixxer will do it all day long!
That's why it is the next bike I buy when me Busa is paid off...
The wife is gunna just love that!!!!
laugh.gif

Just paid my '05 Busa off ,,,,thinking hard of getting a beater gsx-r 600, 1000 . I don't know yet maybe I won't kill myself

That pic was a little early... I was on the way to bringing her to the balance point... I could hit the balance point on that bike at around 100mph and hold it allll day! It was so nice because the bike is really light so just by shifting your weight you can balance the bike... also it made it easier for steering. (BTW, I could also do this on the Busa... just never got pics or videos of it... Now that I think back, I should have... Dont see many busas wheeling around. People I rode me told me it looked amazing seeing the busa up on one
smile.gif
)

I haven't gotten anywhere near that on "Lucky" though... She's still too young (847 miles) and I'm REALLY scared of dumping her... I've done wheelies, but only like a foot or two off the ground.... keeping the rpms under 10,000.... A few of my buddies have gone down hard in the past few months, so I've kind of learned from their mistakes... I don't push it nearly as far as I used to. Very rarely do I go 5 mph over the speed limit in town, and try my best to keep the front down. (Especially now that I put on HIDs
smile.gif
) But yeah... People are making fun of my chicken strips now
all_coholic.gif
But hey... at least I haven't had to go to the hospital
beerchug.gif
(knock on wood)

smile.gif

(Lucky34 @ Mar. 01 2007,21:10) That pic was a little early... I was on the way to bringing her to the balance point... I could hit the balance point on that bike at around 100mph and hold it allll day! It was so nice because the bike is really light so just by shifting your weight you can balance the bike... also it made it easier for steering. (BTW, I could also do this on the Busa... just never got pics or videos of it... Now that I think back, I should have... Dont see many busas wheeling around. People I rode me told me it looked amazing seeing the busa up on one
smile.gif
)

I haven't gotten anywhere near that on "Lucky" though... She's still too young (847 miles) and I'm REALLY scared of dumping her... I've done wheelies, but only like a foot or two off the ground.... keeping the rpms under 10,000.... A few of my buddies have gone down hard in the past few months, so I've kind of learned from their mistakes... I don't push it nearly as far as I used to. Very rarely do I go 5 mph over the speed limit in town, and try my best to keep the front down. (Especially now that I put on HIDs
smile.gif
) But yeah... People are making fun of my chicken strips now
all_coholic.gif
But hey... at least I haven't had to go to the hospital
beerchug.gif
(knock on wood)
No explanation needed, you got the skillz dude. Great pic, look forward to the new ones I feel a coming
super.gif

smile.gif

BTW, if you're interested in learning how to reach the balance point, DON'T think about it... if you TRY to reach the balance point, there's a good chance you'll loop the bike... My advice is just do lots and lots of wheelies, and you get used to the feeling of being on one wheel, and naturally with the more wheelies you go, the higher the front will come up, until one day you'll realize you're on one wheel and going at a constant speed... this means the bike is perfectly balanced.

If you are accelerating, you are too low
If you are decelerating, you better tap that rear brake or your arse will be on the assphalt soon
wow.gif

(dadofthree @ Mar. 01 2007,21:14) No explanation needed, you got the skillz dude. Great pic, look forward to the new ones I feel a coming  
super.gif
Hahahaha....
laugh.gif

well, I guess I'll have to post up another pic or two.
I dont have many though because I never really "go out to stunt".... I usually just wheelie when I'm out riding on the backroads.

IMG_1397.JPG

Here's another:
smile.gif

These are all from the same day... I was out with a couple of buddies playing around and doing wheelies

IMG_1403.JPG

And the last one:
This is a buddy of mine who was relatively new to wheeling... He had the same bike as me... We bought them the same day. Walked in the dealership and said, "We'd like 2 silver GSXR1000's please"
smile.gif

Mine ended up getting stolen, and he ended up wrecking his, then rebuilt it, and then got it stolen
sad.gif

Very UNlucky bikes.... hopefully "lucky" wont have the same fate....
sad.gif

IMG_1411.JPG

sad.gif

Back