Just got rear-ended on my bike by mini-van

Just gald you're ok bro...f- the bike when it comes right down to it...???

Glad your OK. Accidents leave you in a state of shock. I can understand how easy is was to miss getting info from your hitter. good lesson for all. Get back out there, and enjoy.

Mike, I'm glad you are not hurt and the busa is fine. You have to watch us old farts, we don't know how to drive.

:rofl: Thanks, neck a little sore today but I will live.... Rather I be sore than the Busa

Well i've been reading this thread and I'm glad you and the bike are ok. Here is a tip though, Im not sure if you know about this or not. When I was about to buy a used bike, a friend of mine who has been riding for years told me this tip. While riding, take your hands off the bars and ballance. If you have to lean more than a couple inches in either direction to keep it in a straight line, this may be an indication that the frame is bent, even to a degree that is hard to tell otherwise. If I were you, just to be sure, I would do this ASAP, because it could be an indication that there is a problem.

I did that and it is straight as an arrow.

Replace the rear wheel bearings. They have taken a huge impact. A friend of mine got rear-ended on his 600 Yami and he didn't notice any issues for over a week. He first noticed the chain slack would vary as the wheel turns. We took the whole wheel apart and inspected everything. When he tried to turn the wheel bearings I could hear an audible click. We replaced the bearings and everything was right again.

Unfortunately he had a cage left turn on him a few weeks later. He couldn't stop or turn in time.

Hmmmm, I might do that..... Thanks!!

Just gald you're ok bro...f- the bike when it comes right down to it...???

Yeah but it is my only transportantion. Been driving my partners little Audi tt, but my car is in Missouri and need to get another cage soon when I have money. Have to keep the bike running till I have some $$$

wow, taking it in the rear like that could kill you...... :whistle:

glad you survived it in one piece! all kidding aside, I would venture that the bike took damage all the same..

Wow, I come back to great new forums but the same ole Mr. Bogus...always thinking about man love...:laugh::laugh:

Glad you're here posting about it. It could have been very bad. Thank God its only a minor incident. Hopefully your OK. I'm starting to have neck problems from an accident I had 5 years ago. I wasn't checked out good enough after the accident or it would have been found then. I can't file a claim anymore for the accident, but fortunately I have good health insurance, or this would be really bad financially.

Glad you're here posting about it. It could have been very bad. Thank God its only a minor incident. Hopefully your OK. I'm starting to have neck problems from an accident I had 5 years ago. I wasn't checked out good enough after the accident or it would have been found then. I can't file a claim anymore for the accident, but fortunately I have good health insurance, or this would be really bad financially.

I don't have insurance so that would stink for me. I have a sore neck still today but the impact was not much so I am sure I will be fine. The bike felt as though it was pulling a tiny bit to the right today, might be my imagination, roads, wind etc..... I hope.

dammm, almost happened to us last weekend. good to hear you're ok man. i'd definitely get insurance info incase damage to bike beyond obvious.

Back