Cager rear-ended me

BUSASTYLE

Registered
So on Monday at 9:47 am, I was on my way to the shop and some a-hole cager in an SUV kept getting on my butt then backing off. I got thru some traffic and away from him, had the 4 laner 55mph road all to myself slowing down for a red light, but not stopped yet and BAM, the guy rear-ended me, then hit his brakes. I remember the back of the bike being lifted up and the handle bars shaking violently and getting blasted thru the light by about 60 yds. I don't know how, but I kept the bike up and managed to ride it out to the side of the road. You wont believe this. but I'm just sore, no bruising, nothing. I went to the E.R. and got checked out.
A lady at a store across the street, called the cops instantly and they were there within 3-5 mins. of the accident. I was wicked shook up because I had decided to leave my 12 yr old daughter at home today...THANK GOD! That was all I could think about.
Anyway, this a-hole comes over to me and asked if the light was RED??? I said yeah, for about 100yds before you hit me. He said I was admiring your bike.(can u believe this guy) I said, "You just wrecked it...get away from me!" and I threw off my helmet and he ran over to his SUV. I think he thought I was going to kick his ass. I should have, but by the time I got myself checked out to see if I was hurt, the police were there.
Luckily, one of my friends drove bye and put my bike in his van and took it home for me while the police man was doing his thing and a witness stayed to talk to the police. I'll find out today what the accident report says, but the cop told me the other guy was clearly in the wrong. I called my ins. company and so on so all that's going to be taken care of.
I brought the bike down to the dealer where I bought it last night and they said it's probably totaled, one of the mounts on the main frame is busted off where the sub-frame bolts on, exhaust header is ripped, rim bent, passenger ft-peg is gone, and the entire rear end is fubar.
I hope I can hold out until the new busa is out, but it's gonna be tough.

<!--EDIT|BUSASTYLE
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153333849 -->

rend2.jpg

Glad you are ok. Man that sux. And with those pics, I cant belive you stayed on. Admiring your bike? How the f was he doing that?
mad.gif

I'm glad to hear you are alright, it must have been a little luck and a lot of skill not to take a dive.

Thank God you're ok. You may want to hire your own lawyer in case any injuries come up in the following weeks or months, and certainly you'll want a lawyer before you sign anything from the insurance company. Always be careful of what you say and to whom you say it. And if you need any help, let us know.

glad to hear you are OK...that could have been real UGLY!! Hope everything comes out OK with thge ins. company!

Man somebody was riding with you , if you know what I mean . Good thing your okay . Man that totally sucks . These f@$king cagers are a real hazard . Was just admiring your bike . Couldn't you see it was stopped you DumbA$$ . His insurance should buy you a new bike , not yours . That way you can buy a used Busa , Ride now and still get that New 07 when it comes out . See if you can buy yours back as salvage ...cheap .

I'm sorry to hear the Busa is totalled, but I'm glad you're OK. I would see your regular physician and make sure you're OK. I'm not dinging Emergency health care people, but generally they're not looking for small stuff (discs etc.). They're looking for major issues (spines through the lungs, etc.).

I would also go to a Chiropractor and see if you're out of alignment. You might be feeling OK now, but an impact like that can take some time to surface.

Do it now so you can get the other guy to pay for it. If you wait too long, you'll be stuck with the bill.

Glad you're OK.

Thank God you are ok. Go to your doctor to get checked out from head to toe. Stuff can come up in the future....

Back