Just got rear-ended on my bike by mini-van

Holy crap Fate, that sucks. Call the police now while the information is fresh on your mind. Thats hit and run baby. Ah, this pizzez me off! You need to have the bike checked, sub frame, wheel geometery, etc.

Plus 1!

Hard to focus on events after something like that.

Camera phone?

Priceless!

r8

Well, that sucks.

On a side note, if any of you got rear ended while in San Francisco, please keep those stories to yourself.

This has been a public service announcement.

Now I gotta get this out of my head.... thanks.:laugh:

in most states you have to call police immediately to report a hit and run, you cant go home and think about it and then call. in Louisiana if you do not call as soon as you are able the police will not investigate the hit and run. the advice i give people is that if you are in an accident, and not severely injured, is to get the license plate number from the other vehicle before you do anything else. hit and run accidents are difficult to investigate if you do not have a plate number some other substantial evidence. glad you are ok.

in most states you have to call police immediately to report a hit and run, you cant go home and think about it and then call. in Louisiana if you do not call as soon as you are able the police will not investigate the hit and run. the advice i give people is that if you are in an accident, and not severely injured, is to get the license plate number from the other vehicle before you do anything else. hit and run accidents are difficult to investigate if you do not have a plate number some other substantial evidence. glad you are ok.

I am not too worried about the other guy at this point, after about the 25th trip to the garage to check out my baby, I still can't find a sign of any type of damage. The Busa is a tough beast, it is riding perfectly and feels good, I checked everything I can think of, the bike was really clean, just washed her down after riding home from Joker's house the other day in rain, If I had a bent swing arm, I would think it would pull in one direction or the other... I just did a quick run around the neighborhood and had her dropped in a left and right corner and beside the still new not scrubbed in tire sliding a little, it felt great.

Mike, I'm glad you are not hurt and the busa is fine. You have to watch us old farts, we don't know how to drive.

Well i've been reading this thread and I'm glad you and the bike are ok. Here is a tip though, Im not sure if you know about this or not. When I was about to buy a used bike, a friend of mine who has been riding for years told me this tip. While riding, take your hands off the bars and ballance. If you have to lean more than a couple inches in either direction to keep it in a straight line, this may be an indication that the frame is bent, even to a degree that is hard to tell otherwise. If I were you, just to be sure, I would do this ASAP, because it could be an indication that there is a problem.

Always make the report if there is nothing wrong,after case closed. Sides i always enjoy seeing a stupid cager get a ticket.

Glad you didn't get hurt. When I had a close call with an elderly woman (turned left in front of me), I asked a LEO what to do next time and he told me to get the tag # and report it. He said if it keeps happening, they will take her driver's license away. Mind you, this is just a close call. If I were you, I would have gotten the guys info and reported it.

Replace the rear wheel bearings. They have taken a huge impact. A friend of mine got rear-ended on his 600 Yami and he didn't notice any issues for over a week. He first noticed the chain slack would vary as the wheel turns. We took the whole wheel apart and inspected everything. When he tried to turn the wheel bearings I could hear an audible click. We replaced the bearings and everything was right again.

Unfortunately he had a cage left turn on him a few weeks later. He couldn't stop or turn in time.

Mike, I'm glad you are not hurt and the busa is fine. You have to watch us old farts, we don't know how to drive.

Na, you know how to drive just fine, just a lil bit a road rage sometimes...
glad you and the busa are ok, very good habit to keep space between u and the person infront..good job fate
Posted via Mobile Device

Back