Bike Stand for Rear End??

TorontoBusa

Donating Member
Registered
I'm Looking/thinking about a Bike Stand for Rear End.

So it easier to change a rear tire, and keep the chain adjusted.

Any brands? or designs?

I did see one that the arm goes towards the bike so you can hold the bars while lifting the bike (I forgot that brand, saw it on 2 wheel Tuesday)

I've got the Pit-Bull NewFront Stand & a Forward Handle Rear Stand. Very happy with em thus far
smile.gif

P1160068.JPG

Thanks guys, and thanks for the pic as well, that looks like the stand I saw.

What is it sitting on the rear swingarm? Does it have spindles that bolt in those threaded holes that are currently empty?

I assume you can take the rear wheel off? (some look like they rest on the axle, which would not make much sence to me)

Can you take the front wheel off?

Thanks again.

P.S. How much did you pay for them ??

I have the "old" style pitbull rear and the front with the steering stem lift, great stands VERY solid construction.

Thanks guys, and thanks for the pic as well, that looks like the stand I saw.

What is it sitting on the rear swingarm?  Does it have spindles that bolt in those threaded holes that are currently empty?

I assume you can take the rear wheel off? (some look like they rest on the axle, which would not make much sence to me)

Can you take the front wheel off?

Thanks again.

P.S. How much did you pay for them ??
They lift from spools OR the swingarm (I recommend you get spools for $15)

Yes you can take the front tire off (it lifts from the bottom of the forks). If you get the steering stem lift you can also take off the forks.

Bought them on e-bay for $240

<!--EDIT|TheDude27
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118852561 -->

I just posted about a set that I bought last week.

Great stands that are near Pitbull quality and they were only $115 for both including shipping. I don't think I've seen any stands quite as wide as these...very easy to get the bike in the air with no chance of tipping over while working on the bike.

Handy stand are good... They are affordable, good quality, and look good too
biggrin.gif

Pit Bull is the way to go with a big heavy bike like the Busa, much less and you'll end up with a wobbly spooky set up.

Vortex makes a really sweet rear stand as well, but the forward handled Pit Bull is prolly the best on the market.

I will take my front and rear Handy set for $99 plus shipping any day of the week. The others may lift a little easier and be just a tad stronger, but for the money and quality you cannot touch the Handy deal.
smile.gif

I got a pair of these off eBay for $139 shipped for the front and rear stand. They were polished stainless steel and a PitBull design rip-off, however they were over $100 cheaper for a front and rear set and hold my bike up just as well as any PitBull set-up.

http://www.t-rex-racing.com/

Back