Rear bike stand

whiteLightning

Registered
i just got my spools and i tried my lockhart phillips rear bike stand .i cant get it to lift it , it worked great on my R1 but on this bike the handle is close to the tail light ,so not much room for leverage.im gonna try to put the tire on a block of wood which would prolly help , but what brand stands are you guys using???   thank you

Here is what I got and I put the front and rear up alone...

Stands

<!--EDIT|05bulldog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149983331 -->

Pit Bull ......w/reverse handle ......handle is beside the kickstand versus in the back of the bike . Real EASY to use by yourself !

All you have to do is turn the front to the left.  line up spools or swingarm with stand (stand will be on one wheel.  Then I stand on left side of bike and push the stand down, as stand flattens on ground bike will be held there.  I usually put my hand on hump or hole in side of rear fairing for support if I get nervous.  Once the stand is in position and the bike is vertical, all you gotta do is push it down slowly.  It won't fall over.  Then to get it down, I lift stand till rear wheel touches, then I pull back on hump a little until kickstand touches the ground, all the while pulling back a little so the bike comes down on the wheel and kickstand.

Sounds more complicated in type than it really is when you actually do it.

<!--EDIT|thebbbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149987822 -->

Pit Bull ......w/reverse handle ......handle is beside the kickstand versus in the back of the bike . Real EASY to use by yourself !
same here.  really works well
DSC00252.jpg

Ahhhh... thanks for the detailed description!

Those are some nice stands for $100. My pair were $135 shipped.

Someone recently posted a rear stand that was truly a 1-person stand... can't remember the name but it was PRICEY!

My stands
sspec.jpg

This one for touring,

http://www.motorcycleradar.com/quick_stand.htm

and these at home,

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/THRUSTER-MOTORCYCLE-STANDS-FRONT-REAR-SET-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34284QQitemZ464
7823561QQrdZ1" target="_blank">http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....1QQrdZ1</a>

I use a standard size brick under the side stand at home and the bike is nearly vertical and much easier to get hooked under the spools and lift the bike.

If your on a budget, the handystands work great. I person operation. $100 for the front and rear.

I place a short piece of 2x4 under the kickstand. That stands the bike up almost upright. Then I grip it by the grab handle on the rear faring and finish standing the bike up resting the bike on my thigh to steady it. One man operation. By the way I use the Suzuki stands. They are a little pricy at about $120 each, but they work great and make it easy for me to put on the stands by myself.

Here is what I got and I put the front and rear up alone...

Stands
How do you get the bike standing straight with one hand so that you can get the stand under the spools?
Pretty easy if the grab rail is on the bike.  If not, get the kickstand side of the bike on the stand and push the bike to vertical.  Takes a little practice, but it can be done.  I do it all the time and have no help.
+1.  Biggest reason I did the grab rail mod.
I think my stand is one of the easiest to use - a few people at the bash watched me throw a bike up and forward with it.  

I put the stand under the swing arm, use the grab rail to hold the bike upright, step on the stand and it pulls the bike up and back.  I just roll the bike forward to get it down.  Not really technical, pretty low rent actually, but hey - that's how I roll.

BTW - before any of yowse wise guys start crackin' them chikin strips are from before the bash...

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150068131 -->

DSC04250.JPG

Back