Bike stand?

nintastio

Registered
Need to pull the engine soon for some trans work and figure I should pick up some stands before I start so I don't have to get quite so creative to hold the bike upright. I tried to search for some good options but I couldn't find anything posted within the last 10 years.

What bike stands are you all using or suggest?

Thanks in advance!

I’ve had the same ones for my Gen-1/2/3, still great!

B349241E-FBA7-4384-9A4D-7919700ABC8B.jpeg

I’ve had the same ones for my Gen-1/2/3, still great!

View attachment 1650598
I've read a lot about the pitbull stands being great but they are a bit pricey that's for sure. Thanks for the suggestion.

What do you think is a con for the pit bull stands?

Not the brand, but the stands themselves.
They are excellent, but they require 2, vs just the Bursig.
The Bursig is quick, and the bike is still easily moved.
But, the Bursig blocks access to some locations.
Add a Baxley wheel chock, a lift table...and an Alba SkyLift...make sure to have all angles covered...at least that's my plan.
lol

Thanks for all the suggestions. Coming from the CTSV world, this forum is like being on a whole different planet. It seems like there aren't a lot of younger folks here which I'm sure attributes to the forum being more mature as a whole. You all are great!

Not the brand, but the stands themselves.
They are excellent, but they require 2, vs just the Bursig.
The Bursig is quick, and the bike is still easily moved.
But, the Bursig blocks access to some locations.
Add a Baxley wheel chock, a lift table...and an Alba SkyLift...make sure to have all angles covered...at least that's my plan.
lol
Well said I have the Abba sky lift I find it works for me

5CADF69B-F899-43C9-96D6-63FCD2AB0EC4.jpeg

BE3D715C-AD49-4D11-A403-709DDC479A40.jpeg

What do you think is a con for the pit bull stands?
Like @sixpack577 mentioned, the bursig gets in the way on some tasks. Oil changes or left fairing removal are not really doable while on the bursig, but is great for storing the bike, tucking it in a corner and doing suspension work and tire changes. The pit bulls are built like a tank and if I could only have one, I would probably only buy the pit bulls since they are cheaper and can do a lot with them, besides suspension work. I bought both (bursig and pit bulls) used, so wasn’t as bad of a deal.

I really like the style that lifts the whole bike, but unfortunately not in the budget at the moment. I picked up some pitbull style knock off's but will definitely have to upgrade those once I recover some funds.

You guys have some amazing bikes and garages. Thanks for sharing and providing suggestions.

I really like the style that lifts the whole bike, but unfortunately not in the budget at the moment. I picked up some pitbull style knock off's but will definitely have to upgrade those once I recover some funds.

You guys have some amazing bikes and garages. Thanks for sharing and providing suggestions.
If the rear is a 3 piece with legs secured by bolts be really careful. I got some eBay ones when I bought my busa new and one of the rear legs gave out. I Almost pulled a back muscle trying to stop it from falling. I put them in trash after that.

If the rear is a 3 piece with legs secured by bolts be really careful. I got some eBay ones when I bought my busa new and one of the rear legs gave out. I Almost pulled a back muscle trying to stop it from falling. I put them in trash after that.
The one I got is a 2 piece design. It arrived today and it was a bit of a pain to get adjusted but it seems sturdy enough. I have rafters in my garage so I plan to use some ratchet straps to hold the frame just in case. Might not be necessary but will make me feel more comfortable.

After messing with the stands for a few minutes I can definitely see myself picking up one of the side lift style like some of you have suggested though. Trying to save some extra funds to make sure I can just order whatever I need to fix the transmission issue.

The one I got is a 2 piece design. It arrived today and it was a bit of a pain to get adjusted but it seems sturdy enough. I have rafters in my garage so I plan to use some ratchet straps to hold the frame just in case. Might not be necessary but will make me feel more comfortable.

After messing with the stands for a few minutes I can definitely see myself picking up one of the side lift style like some of you have suggested though. Trying to save some extra funds to make sure I can just order whatever I need to fix the transmission issue.
Glad to hear. Mine were ok with my gsxr600, but did not like the busa weight. Here is a pic of the bursig.
Hope you can get the transmission fixed and can put here back on the road quickly.

8420CA85-164F-4364-B70B-26F571A523C5.png

I have a set of Vortex stands and they work ok....I put the side stand on a block of 2x4 to raise the angle of the bike then slide the rear stand in and can raise it with no issues, I use the paddle style lifts on it verses using the stand lift points.....I use those when I want the rear higher off the ground to change a tire.

The front stand is a little "mickey mouse" but it is still functional.

I know u already have yours but I have a set of venom stands off Amazon and I have no complaints and been using them for a couple years on mine and customers bikes.

Back