What is your biggest fear realistically when you get on that bike?

Having a car
Pull out in front
Of me again and
Me doing another
Superman landing
On MY HEAD . . .

I can do without that .

Laugh out loud !

:lol:

#BiggestFear ~ #HateToCrash ~ #Realistically ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:
WOW isn't anyone concerned about this dude? I am. That does not sound morbid, it sounds depressed. Can you get into a councilor? They are worth their weight in gold and that's coming from a guy who hates to spend money on healthcare. I'm concerned about you. It's not good thinking to have no fear of death when you are into a dangerous sport.
I was just going to type something similar...kind of a post reaching out for help...

I am not worried about death but I certainly dont want to become a burden to my family by becoming a cripple, losing an arm or leg, etc. Id rather the end be fast and quick. What scares you the most because of the texters, facebookers, etc while they drive if they hit you? I honestly want a fast and painless end without even knowing about what happened. Im sorry if this post sounds morbid but we have to be realistic. I dont have any wife or kids and my mom would be okay after my demise. I just dont want to be a burden to anyone.
Hope you are ok?

If I get a biggest fear of riding, it will be time to hand up my helmet and pursue another sport.

I don't ride in fear, I ride with caution, my head is constantly on a swivel and I always make sure I am aware of my surroundings and who/what is in them..

Like SSGT_B said, I have been through far too much already and have faced things which are definitions of what fear is.

We've had this conversation before, @Yellow09 and we differ in what fear means. I think of it as a healthy mechanism for survival, not the crippling type of emotion that one needs extraordinary bravery or courage to overcome.
Guess in your terms I don't fear anything when I ride, in my own I fear an accident. I've had my share, none of which I enjoyed or am anxious to repeat, so I ride in a manner designed to avoid them as much as possible.

We've had this conversation before, @Yellow09 and we differ in what fear means. I think of it as a healthy mechanism for survival, not the crippling type of emotion that one needs extraordinary bravery or courage to overcome.
Guess in your terms I don't fear anything when I ride, in my own I fear an accident. I've had my share, none of which I enjoyed or am anxious to repeat, so I ride in a manner designed to avoid them as much as possible.
Hi. I have no fear, what will happen will happen. Just think of people who have to run into gun fire. I would go back today, but they will not take me. I wanted to go back in for Desert Storm. But then again I an not right in the head anyway.

Yes we have and the outcome is generally the same-agree to disagree I believe?

I hear you though and agree with what you are saying in relation to your own experience.

I've seen people who have experienced an auto accident being over-come with fear when they get behind the wheel to the point of being "white knuckled" gripping the steering wheel. That's the kind of fear I imagine when I think of when I hear the words "riding in fear".

Yes we have and the outcome is generally the same-agree to disagree I believe?

I hear you though and agree with what you are saying in relation to your own experience.

I've seen people who have experienced an auto accident being over-come with fear when they get behind the wheel to the point of being "white knuckled" gripping the steering wheel. That's the kind of fear I imagine when I think of when I hear the words "riding in fear".
Yes, we agree to differ on the way the term fear is applied here.
Keep in mind that military combat is not the only arena in which a person can experience the type of fear I believe you're referencing, that existential fear happens regularly in civilian American urban environments as well. The media are not being dramatic when they speak of cities in the US as war zones.

Real easy to answer:
The PoPo

Think about this crazy world we live in. You can purchase a vehicle legally, which can break the law on any US public road in second gear within a few seconds from standstill. Talk about putting candy in front of a three year old and telling him he may not eat any.

Im currently fighting a citation of doing 98 in a 45 but in my Corvette z06. Lets see how it plays out.

WOW isn't anyone concerned about this dude? I am. That does not sound morbid, it sounds depressed. Can you get into a councilor? They are worth their weight in gold and that's coming from a guy who hates to spend money on healthcare. I'm concerned about you. It's not good thinking to have no fear of death when you are into a dangerous sport.

I had a buddy who rode with a a guy he met at the gas station. The guy was either trying to overtake him in a corner or he came into it too hot because he was way wide. He ran straight into an oncoming truck and was killed instantly. My buddy turned back to the scene of the accident when he noticed the guy was no longer behind him. His Facebook page was full of talk of death. He was welcoming it and he got it. You don't want to go out like that.

I certainly do fear death on a sport bike and that might be why I've never been down in ten years.

My number one fear is getting caught by the cops. I have no control over that once it starts. Deer and turkey I have avoided hitting so far.

The law of attraction states that If you think you are wrong or right in either case its probably true. There have been countless stories of people who were scared to fly but died in plane crashes or were scared of ever getting cancer but got it anyway despite their best efforts with diet and exercise. Im sure it applies to motorcycle riders too.

Fear can be crippling but it doesn’t need to be. Everyone has their own story of fear. Whether it’s every day America, or in a war zone. We all differ. What and how we choose to deal with that fear can take the crippling effect away. We can use fear to define us, we can cater to it or we can rise from it. I am not immune to it. I have not mastered it. I only choose to face it and try to be better with it every day. My experiences will be different but not any greater or lesser than anyone else.

I probably only make sense in my head as I’m trying to write this. I have had no pie

Yes, we agree to differ on the way the term fear is applied here.
Keep in mind that military combat is not the only arena in which a person can experience the type of fear I believe you're referencing, that existential fear happens regularly in civilian American urban environments as well. The media are not being dramatic when they speak of cities in the US as war zones.

I know there are more arenas where fear is paramount other than combat...

Just like @SSGT_B said, fear can define us and strengthen us or debilitate us...the day the latter happens to me, I stop that activity whether it is motorcycling or teaching the cat banjo lessons.

The law of attraction states that If you think you are wrong or right in either case its probably true. There have been countless stories of people who were scared to fly but died in plane crashes or were scared of ever getting cancer but got it anyway despite their best efforts with diet and exercise. Im sure it applies to motorcycle riders too.
If the law of attraction is anything like the power of suggestion, YES I believe things can happen (both good and bad) as a result of focussing one's energy on them.

What has a more pronounced effect on all of us is the law of self preservation which states even creatures with the simplest of brains don't do things that are likely to get them killed.

Comfortably take risks in situations where the odds are heavily in your favor.

Back