What do you think of the competition?

What do you think of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

• I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' and wishing for it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I owned one for 3 days, (I had to front the cash for a friend until he sold his zx10) I rode it and really liked it. I dont think ill give up my Busa for one, but certainly would enjoy haveing both. Oh, and the look grows on ya, kinda like an ugly kid:laugh:

I didn't see the "would love to have one WITH my Busa, but my broke a$$ can't afford it " choice, so I picked other.

I've always loved the all black 14's, and the custom 14's are incredible !!!

While I have a lot of respect for Kawasaki for bringing this bike out, I just can't get past the styling. Sure, lots of folks like the looks, but I'm not one of them. Also, when I was bike shopping, it came down to the ZX14 and the Busa, and after sitting on both of them, The Busa felt FAR more comfortable to me. Plus, theres a lot better support in the aftermarket, and being that the bike was essentially unchanged from 99-07, it's much easier to swap parts.

ho-hum (as a deeply intense yawn!) Dude, you really need to look through past posts! It's almost like seeing reruns of the reruns....:rofl: :poke: ???

Nothing personal as I know you are becoming known for such! :whistle: Have a Good 'un! :beerchug:

I am about ready to pull the trigger on something.......As soon as my big inch cruiser is sold. I'm jizzin' after the new green 14 or a silver Busa. The 14 feels better to me (comfort) but a Busa IS a Busa............still going back and forth.

Back in '08 I went in to the dealership where I bought my Busa, while BS'ing with the parts guy a saleman walked up to me and asked as he pointed to a 14, "What do you think of the new ZX14?" "Not much, who traded that thing in already?" I replied. "What?, thats the new Limited Edition." (it was the white one with the little flames that look like a second grader drew them on with a crayon) I think I'd be looking at any year R1 from '01 to present before I'd ever think about a 14- to each their own. Its not because of Kawasaki either, I'd love to throw my leg over a KX500 any day of the week:thumbsup: Thats a true monster:bowdown:

BTW, what did they have to say about busas?

Last edited:
I've owned some Kawis in the past, and will never diss them. Anyone that's owned a Kawi sport bike knows what I'm talkin' about.

D
+100 I had a '82' KZ750, and a '86' Ninja 1000R never had any trouble out of them.

Its like anything....you can't really judge the riding experience till you've ridden a 14. Believe me once you get on and take it for a ride....just like the first or second gen busa, it starts looking a whole lot better :beerchug: I've really never had the us vs them mentality, so owning both wasn't an issue. I rode the 14, loved the hell outta the power and smoothness, and bought it :thumbsup: I was figuring, well time to get rid of the busa, but then I realized I liked it too much, owned it outright, and figured why not keep it too :laugh: And the wife was good with it :cheerleader: :thumbsup:
I like ANYTHING with 2 wheels.....I could care less what it says on the tank :laugh:

I can't get past the George Foreman grills.
Posted via Mobile Device

Honestly, I don't mind hanging out with 14 pilots who are as serious about their ride as I am about mine, but own one ????......I dunno..... :oldcool:

I prefer my bikes without external non-functional cooling fins on the fairing.

But hey, that's just me. :whistle:

Hey, Crockett & Tubbs loved those fins on their Testarossa back in the 80's!!! If it's good enough for those sockless pastel gods then it should be good nuf for you!:rofl:

kawi shud have had Gorge Forman advise this bike! he's done well in selling grills, the kawi wud have sold well!!

Stock it is one ugly machine!
I respect its power, wave to the rider but not my choice.
Yes, I would rather be strapped down watching the Yut-Ugghhhh guy pour NOS down my tank!

ho-hum (as a deeply intense yawn!) Dude, you really need to look through past posts! It's almost like seeing reruns of the reruns....

Nothing personal as I know you are becoming known for such! Have a Good 'un!

Yea yea yea. Get off my case.

I have only ever had Sambusa and Aquaman ever mention that my polls are redone. ...and that was on the wheelie poll...and there were no wheelie polls, and the last wheelie thread before that was months earlier.

I go back and check before I make posts, man. July 7th 2008 is a pretty long time ago... (And the other ZX vs Hya threads don't discuss the topic like this one does, and they're not polls.)

Not sure how the hell forums would even exist if we're not aloud to discuss things that've already been discussed...but whatever. I'll be sure to scrutinize the **** out of things before I post up my next poll, so as it's not a rehash. Maybe "What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?" I don't think that one's been done... :firedevil:

Yea yea yea. Get off my case.

I have only ever had Sambusa and Aquaman ever mention that my polls are redone. ...and that was on the wheelie poll...and there were no wheelie polls, and the last wheelie thread before that was months earlier.

I go back and check before I make posts, man. July 7th 2008 is a pretty long time ago... (And the other ZX vs Hya threads don't discuss the topic like this one does, and they're not polls.)

Not sure how the hell forums would even exist if we're not aloud to discuss things that've already been discussed...but whatever. I'll be sure to scrutinize the **** out of things before I post up my next poll, so as it's not a rehash. Maybe "What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?" I don't think that one's been done... :firedevil:

Hang in there, man, your hearts in the right place:thumbsup::beerchug:

Back