What do you think of the competition?

What do you think of the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

• I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' and wishing for it again.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
zx14.jpg[/QUOTE]

IMHO, the stock Busa is much nicer and meaner looking than the ZX, but this bike does look intimidating.

The ZX does look buggier with those headlights.

The Busa is STILL more widely known among bikers as "the fastest production bike made."(which translates to LESS " wanna race? ")

I'll take 1 of each Busa, Kawi, Beemer.. Ah hell yea HP is HP.. :thumbsup:

I've owned Honda's, Kwak's, Yami's and now the almighty Suzuki.. Yep there all good.. :thumbsup:

I would love to own a ZX11, XX, ZX14, K12 or K13 as well as my Busa.. :bowdown: yep that's right 1 of each would work for me.. :laugh:

I looked at both the of them intently! Sat on both of them and the busa , kept getting my vote. Looked better, felt better, handled better, and it had me coming back to look at it! The 14 didnt. I buy what fits first and then the rest of it comes into play!

Man thats like asking me about a Shelby Mustang, if I dont like Fords it doesnt matter what model you show me. Its still a Ford.

I have a cuz thats same size as I am. He has been riding longer than I have too. He's a KAW and FORD supporter and I'm SUZUKI/CHEVY all the way. He used to brag about having a 1400 just like me and how his bike made over200hp and blah blah blah... needless to say both of us at over 300lbs he went like 11.2's on motor and I went 9.2's on motor. Now we gotta do it on NOS:laugh:

My first bike was a 1993 Suzuki RF900R, If someone could, have a picture of that bike next to a zx14 and you'll be quit suprised of where the styling came from. with that being said, I would not take a zx14 instead of a busa, but the styling seems to be from a suzuki origin.

-Ben

Yea yea yea. Get off my case.

I have only ever had Sambusa and Aquaman ever mention that my polls are redone. ...and that was on the wheelie poll...and there were no wheelie polls, and the last wheelie thread before that was months earlier.

I go back and check before I make posts, man. July 7th 2008 is a pretty long time ago... (And the other ZX vs Hya threads don't discuss the topic like this one does, and they're not polls.)

Not sure how the hell forums would even exist if we're not aloud to discuss things that've already been discussed...but whatever. I'll be sure to scrutinize the **** out of things before I post up my next poll, so as it's not a rehash. Maybe "What's your favorite letter of the alphabet?" I don't think that one's been done... :firedevil:

Easy does it, there matey! Just a little poke in the fun hole! Not trying to moderate your topics and didn't mean any offense.

My best friend rides an '07 ZX14 and I love it (I just couldn't resist the jab towards your thread, again, no offense meant!). Before his ride, I rode a highly modified ZX12 with a big bore kit, nitros, extended, programmer, etc. (The owner of this bike was killed riding it two months later.) These two bikes are what moved me to my research on the best choice (for me) for a hyper bike, as I guess there called. After about a six month 'look-see' I settled on what I have found (after about a year and a half of riding mine) to be the best bike (for me). My partner and I used to trade back and forth after I first got mine. After awhile it seemed pointless as we both bought our bikes for very specific reasons so I stay on mine and vicey-versey. I will say I haven't seen a bike with a catastrophic frame failure like the one found on the ZX14 swingarm assembly and this kind of stuff does make me shy away from certain models. Again, my friend, no offense meant. Little course on my part and I offer my apologies. :beerchug:

Easy does it, there matey! Just a little poke in the fun hole! Not trying to moderate your topics and didn't mean any offense.

My best friend rides an '07 ZX14 and I love it (I just couldn't resist the jab towards your thread, again, no offense meant!). Before his ride, I rode a highly modified ZX12 with a big bore kit, nitros, extended, programmer, etc. (The owner of this bike was killed riding it two months later.) These two bikes are what moved me to my research on the best choice (for me) for a hyper bike, as I guess there called. After about a six month 'look-see' I settled on what I have found (after about a year and a half of riding mine) to be the best bike (for me). My partner and I used to trade back and forth after I first got mine. After awhile it seemed pointless as we both bought our bikes for very specific reasons so I stay on mine and vicey-versey. I will say I haven't seen a bike with a catastrophic frame failure like the one found on the ZX14 swingarm assembly and this kind of stuff does make me shy away from certain models. Again, my friend, no offense meant. Little course on my part and I offer my apologies. :beerchug:

It's np, man. I'm just very very particular about firing up topics that are often talked about. I can't stand doing it. So I get a bit defensive from time to time. Have a good one.

It's just not my thing When I bought my Busa I knew right from the day I saw the first one that was what I would end up with. Mind you I went through a few others in the process but all 600's when the time finally came this was it. The Kawi is just not my thing but I'm not knockin it. Everyone has their thing.

It was tough call between the two bikes. Ultimately, I like the looks of the Hayabusa better and the ZX was reported to have very touchy breaks.

It was tough call between the two bikes. Ultimately, I like the looks of the Hayabusa better and the ZX was reported to have very touchy breaks.
Thats true...the 14's front brakes are pretty touchy. Awesome for making stopping seem easy, no matter what the speed or how hard you need to stop. But they're not forgiving if you don't have good brake control :laugh: Going back and forth between the busa and 14 can get interesting brake-wise :laugh:

i have not seen a turbo yet, so to me they can not keep up to the Green Dragon.

I would almost bet that there are some Suzuki parts and possibly engineering in the ZX.The little green KFX80 ATV is nothing more than a Suzuki LT80 that Kawasaki gets from Suzuki and puts green plastic and graphics on.I would feel safe saying that is not the only thing they are getting from Papa Zuke.

What are the results from the ZX-14 board?

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Gen 2 (08+) Suzuki Hayabusa?
I own one of each. When you can't decide...buy both! 0 0%
I respect its power/wave to the rider, but that thing's UGLY! 9 39.13%
I respect its power (etc), and its a good looker but it's not for me... 8 34.78%
I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' ...and loving it. 1 4.35%
I've owned one in the past. Now I'm in the 'dark side' and wishing for it again. 0 0%
I'd rather be strapped down to watch the YUT UGGGHHH kid pour NOS down my gas tank than ride it. 2 8.70%
I'm waiting for the next generation of them, then I'll reevalute my buying options. 0 0%
I'm done with hyper bikes. Switching to super sport/liter/sport tourer/Harley/Cruiser. 1 4.35%
Other (please explain) 5 21.74%

I like the Ninjas, but I keep reading that the Busa handles the twisties better. I'd like to ride one, and the orange & black isn't too bad :).

Back