What do you think it will dyno at?

HUH??? How are you simulating Ram Air on a Dyno?
Its kind of cool, the Bazzaz self mapper on the ZX-14 and Hayabusa we Land Speed Race with almost never need to make a change unless the conditions are horrible (bad air) so in the real world the simulation works how I use it with our entire system its a check only. The details are part of our business plan for future HPC centers. Thanks for the interest.

Tuned this 2007 Gen I today by hand with Jardine slip-ons....

JardineSlip-Ons2007Hayabusa.jpg

WTF post A/F of not the topic
and still no A/F of the bike in question
posting rehash of ram air crap and you call yourself a tuner:whistle:
sorry but this thread is crap
a real tuner won't gloat and hide

Its kind of cool, the Bazzaz self mapper on the ZX-14 and Hayabusa we Land Speed Race with almost never need to make a change unless the conditions are horrible (bad air) so in the real world the simulation works how I use it with our entire system its a check only. The details are part of our business plan for future HPC centers. Thanks for the interest.

Soo how do you simulate "Ram Air" on a dyno? Not sure you answered my question. ???

Soo how do you simulate "Ram Air" on a dyno? Not sure you answered my question. ???

I believe he did with this statement:
"The details are part of our business plan for future HPC centers. Thanks for the interest."

Sounds to me like a HPC secret???

I believe he did with this statement:
"The details are part of our business plan for future HPC centers. Thanks for the interest."

Sounds to me like a HPC secret???

Awhh ok, didnt think they had any secrets......thought i read that in an earlier post?
I think the real answer would be, there isn't any accurate way of measuring HP on a dyno when ram-air takes affect, might be able to guess at it?......Well everything i've ever been told anyways :dunno:

You gain 2 HP with a PC III and the R77 which is the same tubing size as your system...thats it so I guess you don't "NEED IT". Most bikes before the Gen II's closed loop system, got 4-8HP from mapping...just my honest opinion.
thumb_up.gif
:whistle:

I just hope the "ram air" isn't being re-created by two leaf blowers pointing at the inlets.

I guess what's most important is that Dozer is satisified with what he got. :beerchug:

It's to bad that we're not able to see the whole picture of the tune. A/f Would have been nice. ???

I just hope the "ram air" isn't being re-created by two leaf blowers pointing at the inlets.

I guess what's most important is that Dozer is satisified with what he got. :beerchug:

It's to bad that we're not able to see the whole picture of the tune. A/f Would have been nice. ???

+1

Or that the "climate controlled room" isn't a box (a.k.a..dyno cell) inside a shop with very little circulation other than a thermostat set at 65-degrees being sucked in by leaf blowers... ???

Awhh ok, didnt think they had any secrets......thought i read that in an earlier post?
I think the real answer would be, there isn't any accurate way of measuring HP on a dyno when ram-air takes affect, might be able to guess at it?......Well everything i've ever been told anyways :dunno:
You may want to read this article please list all your studies, NOT GOOGLE, that show these guys are off the mark. I used a lot of their points in setting up my room, well some of them. Article is pretty old......................................just argue their facts. I told my wife I am no longer arguing like high school girls on the internet. Sorry argue their facts and your personal testing to the contrary..

Sport Rider-RAM AIR: More power for the Kawasaki ZX-9R through forced air induction

Last edited:
I have a Tsukigi Cannon, BMC race filter, Boost by Smith derestricter and tuned with a Yosh box on my 08 Busa. I had mine on a dyno yesterday and it pulled 191 hp at the wheel. The Tsukigi is the best exhaust I've every purchased. Get lots of compliments on the different look and the sound is distinctive. I've purchased Akropovic and Yosh in the past.

that's a pretty darn good number esp since the tune was with only the yosh box. It doesn't given a very detailed level of tuning. :beerchug:
btw, who did the tuning?
I have a Tsukigi Cannon, BMC race filter, Boost by Smith derestricter and tuned with a Yosh box on my 08 Busa. I had mine on a dyno yesterday and it pulled 191 hp at the wheel. The Tsukigi is the best exhaust I've every purchased. Get lots of compliments on the different look and the sound is distinctive. I've purchased Akropovic and Yosh in the past.

Barkley's Suzuki in Latrobe, Pa. I'm pretty happy with the bolt on added power and reduced weight. I go by the seat of the pants feel but the dyno #'s were cool.

With the amount of weight you drop of a stock busa just by switching to an aftermarket exhaust will improve butt dyno numbers all by its self.

Greg - sent you a PM.

You may want to read this article please list all your studies, NOT GOOGLE, that show these guys are off the mark. I used a lot of their points in setting up my room, well some of them. Article is pretty old......................................just argue their facts. I told my wife I am no longer arguing like high school girls on the internet. Sorry argue their facts and your personal testing to the contrary..

Sport Rider-RAM AIR: More power for the Kawasaki ZX-9R through forced air induction

Interesting Article.........
your funny Greg, you keep quoting the one guy(ME) that wasn't arguing with you, i was just honestly wondering how you where checking Ram-Air HP on a dyno! Whatever though Bro, its not like i wasn't warned about this happening :banghead:

It's because you are the only one that hasn't questioned his 14-year old magazine article that he's built a $55k dyno room around.... :rofl:

"Car 54 where are you?"

Sure I never hide numbers good or bad...I also don't fudge them either!

Any word on A/F readings yet, surely a $55k dyno has the ability to record them...

Maybe the bird flu snatched them up along with the yosh-vs-tsukigi comparison... j/k :laugh:

Back