What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Read this post. Look at the second problem heading. You will get my joke!

First Track Day | Riding Skills/Survival Techniques

I read your post about the leathers not fitting right when I was looking at ordering mine and seen you ended up getting another pair of pants but never seen anything saying they didn't fit either. The ones I ended up ordering were too tight in the knees so the company offered to remake the whole suit for a price I couldn't turn down and even agreed to change the colors. I changed the knee pads from the cheap hard ones they put in (Ebay suit) to some c30 pads out of my icon and was able to wear a few times and are beginning to stretch so now once the second arrives I should have one relaxed fit suit and one race fit if I ever make my way to the track.

Bad A$$ black bird & leathers to match. I got a great deal on new leathers that arrived last night only to find out they were not even close to fitting. Back they go on Monday. Dam they were nice to.
So I bought this suit for $25 plus shipping from a racer who outgrew them. The suit was red white and blue, a little research and under $20 for leather dye and treatment you see the final result. Most fun DIY project!!

Got some ride time in with my lady. Not much because of rain but still rode regardless.

20190420_091843.jpg

Rode a friend's new left over 2018 gsxr1000r.
He rode it to my house, had 44 miles on it, I put 14 more on.
Alot of tech to get used to, and the abs feels weird in corners.
Another friend of mine, got the '18 gsxr1000, not the R like this one, which has fancy suspension, an led headlight, and launch control, quick shifter, and a few other gadgets.
I'm considering going now to ride it now to check out the headlight in the dark..but feelin lazy.
I got to 97mph in 3rd, just playing with it, and little power wheelies through 3rd, nothing special.
It feels about as strong as the next 1k.
He's considering full exhaust and dyno tune now to wake it up.
20190420_123805.jpg

20190420_115808.jpg

20190420_115657.jpg

Rode a friend's new left over 2018 gsxr1000r.
He rode it to my house, had 44 miles on it, I put 14 more on.
Alot of tech to get used to, and the abs feels weird in corners.
Another friend of mine, got the '18 gsxr1000, not the R like this one, which has fancy suspension, an led headlight, and launch control, quick shifter, and a few other gadgets.
I'm considering going now to ride it now to check out the headlight in the dark..but feelin lazy.
I got to 97mph in 3rd, just playing with it, and little power wheelies through 3rd, nothing special.
It feels about as strong as the next 1k.
He's considering full exhaust and dyno tune now to wake it up.View attachment 1597813

View attachment 1597814

View attachment 1597815
That's quite a bike....but that exhaust can...it looks like a hot water heater strapped to it. I'd imagine it is a beast.

All packed up and ready to go in this picture. I set up my tripod and camera for the memory. I am not good at taking pictures during life as it unfolds. This is the main one i have from the journey. I travelled from Georgia to New Orleans, stayed two nights, then Austin for MotoGP, rode around Austin and surrounding areas quite a bit, San Antonio to see friends back East to Slidell LA and back to Georgia. It was the best trip I have ever taken, all riding solo, it was amazingView attachment 1597785
I was next to you on IH 10 just outside of San Antonio
All packed up and ready to go in this picture. I set up my tripod and camera for the memory. I am not good at taking pictures during life as it unfolds. This is the main one i have from the journey. I travelled from Georgia to New Orleans, stayed two nights, then Austin for MotoGP, rode around Austin and surrounding areas quite a bit, San Antonio to see friends back East to Slidell LA and back to Georgia. It was the best trip I have ever taken, all riding solo, it was amazingView attachment 1597785
If this was last week, I was behind you for a bit in all of that traffic mess on IH 10 just outside of San Antonio, was a heck of a traffic back log.... Glad you made it safely, was thinking to myself, geez I wished that I was riding....

I was next to you on IH 10 just outside of San Antonio

If this was last week, I was behind you for a bit in all of that traffic mess on IH 10 just outside of San Antonio, was a heck of a traffic back log.... Glad you made it safely, was thinking to myself, geez I wished that I was riding....

Small world indeed!!

It really is a good looking bike though.

Please keep us apprised as to what the owner does to it and how it affects the performance...it would be interesting.

I will, with both of them.
The other guy with the base 1k has bought the parts to upgrade to the factory led headlight, like the r in the pic comes standard with.
Front And rear suspension is completely different, and the r sits lower.
I have some not so good side by side pics of them in the garage.
I'll post them in a few.

Installed brembo calipers.! Won’t be able to test it for the next several days, but love the look. Only hiccup was putting my Roadlok back on. Now the pin doesn’t line up with the holes on the rotor, so the lock won’t engage and lock the wheel. Not sure what to do about it. Maybe shave the spacers that came with the lock to get everything to line up again.

View attachment 1597788

View attachment 1597789

View attachment 1597790

View attachment 1597791
Looking good Miguel!! Love em!

Back