What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

That's still my problem with another first bike right now, let alone a second.
I'll likely finish up with 2 or 3 in a short space of time when I do.
As I don't plan on spending much for the 2nd two.
I'm still stuck on a '12 gsxr1k as my main next ride, a 1k beater stunt bike(trying to pave the driveway first, it's 700' and means I can stunt at home), and eventually a cheap, older GoldWing for the wife and I to cruise comfortabley.
Decisions, who knows. I'll suprise myself and buy another out of the blue.

That's still my problem with another first bike right now, let alone a second.
I'll likely finish up with 2 or 3 in a short space of time when I do.
As I don't plan on spending much for the 2nd two.
I'm still stuck on a '12 gsxr1k as my main next ride, a 1k beater stunt bike(trying to pave the driveway first, it's 700' and means I can stunt at home), and a cheap, older GoldWing for the wife and I to cruise comfortabley.
Decisions, who knows. I'll suprise myself and buy another out of the blue.
That sounds like a plan bro , the stunter Gixxer will be just what you need . As for the 700 ft driveway ... what an awesome set up that will be !!

I broke mine a little. The neighbour's kid went and Revved my Gypsy into limit for like 30secs.....with the clutch in. How he got the damn key...... Now either the clutch is toast or my cable is really stretched. but the lever sitting real low now, clutch is slipping, poor bike wants to launch into space now. Yeah, Rant over, thanks for listening guys.

I broke mine a little. The neighbour's kid went and Revved my Gypsy into limit for like 30secs.....with the clutch in. How he got the damn key...... Now either the clutch is toast or my cable is really stretched. but the lever sitting real low now, clutch is slipping, poor bike wants to launch into space now. Yeah, Rant over, thanks for listening guys.

How did he hurt the clutch without riding or moving it?

At least I think thats what happened...... I didn't see him do it, only heard from my backyard.
by the time I got to him, the bike was turned off with him standing beside it with a stupid grin on his face.

Actually got to ride it today. About 3 miles into work. Now she sits all day.
4102C018-4A5E-40DD-9514-4612F4437D79.jpeg

At least I think thats what happened...... I didn't see him do it, only heard from my backyard.
by the time I got to him, the bike was turned off with him standing beside it with a stupid grin on his face.

I think you would smell burnt clutch plates.
And what are the odds he held the clutch just enough for it to slip and burn, without the bike moving forward just a little, which would stall it, or roll it off the kickstand on to the ground?

I think you would smell burnt clutch plates.
And what are the odds he held the clutch just enough for it to slip and burn, without the bike moving forward just a little, which would stall it, or roll it off the kickstand on to the ground?
Well.... You may be right, but only got a booking for repair on Friday.....And yes you are right, strong, strong clutch burn smell.

Well.... You may be right, but only got a booking for repair on Friday.....And yes you are right, strong, strong clutch burn smell.

That sucks, I guess the little bastid held the clutch lever in just the right(wrong)spot.
On the other hand, at least he didn't pop it and put your bike down, that would've been expensive.
If one long rev slipping the clutch did it in, it's likely it was on it's last legs anyway. He may have saved you from the roadside in the near future. The clutch is only needed for taking off. Up/downshifting without using it is ideal, assuming you match rpms, it'll slip into gear easily without damage.
Clutchs are a quick and easy fix too, so if the shop you use is any good, you should be in and out in a short amount of time.
I hope it goes well for you.

That sucks, I guess the little bastid held the clutch lever in just the right(wrong)spot.
On the other hand, at least he didn't pop it and put your bike down, that would've been expensive.
If one long rev slipping the clutch did it in, it's likely it was on it's last legs anyway. He may have saved you from the roadside in the near future. The clutch is only needed for taking off. Up/downshifting without using it is ideal, assuming you match rpms, it'll slip into gear easily without damage.
Clutchs are a quick and easy fix too, so if the shop you use is any good, you should be in and out in a short amount of time.
Thanks bro. Appreciate it.

I didn't see anything in the news about this.
I googled "Neighborhood kid strangled and set on fire" and nothing came up???

This is my belief also, but when my mate withe black gixxer saw me changing up through the gears without clutching it, on the gopro vid, he told me that's the best way to f**k a gearbox and that I should know better, I laughed and told him I always use the clutch to take off and to land, he shook his head and muttered something I'm glad I didn't hear :D
My gearbox has 110,000kms on it and it works just fine!

This is my belief also, but when my mate withe black gixxer saw me changing up through the gears without clutching it, on the gopro vid, he told me that's the best way to f**k a gearbox and that I should know better, I laughed and told him I always use the clutch to take off and to land, he shook his head and muttered something I'm glad I didn't hear :D
My gearbox has 110,000kms on it and it works just fine!
So i got to work fine using clutchless up shifts. Actually feels a lil better. But dropped it off at the shop about 10mins ago. Right now in Cape town its 9:38AM. I'll get it back around 17:30. Turns out it was a slave cylinder seal.

Back