What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Went to get the bike out, but when I realised I’d have to get the ice off the Ute to move it, I decided I might wait a while and went back inside for another coffee…

View attachment 1652375
Can we take the temp in my area and your area, add them up, divide them by 2 and you take one and I take the other? :laugh: is freaking miserable in the Tampa, Florida area right now. Storms every afternoon too, but that just makes the humidity and heat worse.

Can we take the temp in my area and your area, add them up, divide them by 2 and you take one and I take the other? :laugh: is freaking miserable in the Tampa, Florida area right now. Storms every afternoon too, but that just makes the humidity and heat worse.
The humidity is the killer. It was 97 here today with 60% humidity and it's just killer out in the sun. I'm sure the humidity is ever higher there, I feel for you!

The humidity is the killer. It was 97 here today with 60% humidity and it's just killer out in the sun. I'm sure the humidity is ever higher there, I feel for you!
I spend a lot of time outside and can deal with it, but is still pretty bad. I was happy to be working nightshift for the last several days, but switch to dayshift tomorrow and not looking forward to it. I’m considering getting a few packs of those long sleeves to wear under my work uniform to get some extra protection when I’m forced to leave the office, which is a regular thing and to make it worse, we keep all the equipment at 195’f by injecting steam, so is like and inferno just walking through.

Got some Chazzos today after reading about how much people seem to like them. Have to say I agree, they feel pretty good. The bike came with some chrome tribal levers I think they are called. Not my style, and I really disliked the finger grooves.

Just a few more chrome pieces to swap out, but for now it will stay like this for a while.

IMG_4636[1].JPG

I lied, I couldn’t handle being blinded by the chrome anymore. It was pretty bad mid day when the sun is directly overhead.

View attachment 1652403
At east chrome is easy and inexpensive to get rid of...sand paper, adhesive promoter and good paint will get rid of chrome in a hurry...I always bake mine in the oven for a while....

One time the wife actually thought I was cooking supper until she looked in the oven....

At east chrome is easy and inexpensive to get rid of...sand paper, adhesive promoter and good paint will get rid of chrome in a hurry...I always bake mine in the oven for a while....

One time the wife actually thought I was cooking supper until she looked in the oven....

That's why you were demoted from cook to gopher, aka walmart errand runner.

I did a bunch of small things. Installed a quick shifter (still need to program ecu) . Added a flashing harness (still need 2 wires from ecu to harness). Cleaned up PC V wiring. Added a ram mount. Added a USB port. Mounted a garage door opener. Knocked the bugs out of the air filter and ordered a new one. It didn't all go smooth but just the 2 wires for the ecu flash harness and a reprogram and I should have the quick shifter done. There is always more to do though. I'm still not happy with the battery connections, in not sure what I'm going to do with that yet (too many individual wires) .

Before
IMG_20220618_132953.jpg

After
IMG_20220619_201316.jpg

Quick shifter
IMG_20220619_201328.jpg

Ran mount, USB, door opener
IMG_20220619_201533.jpg

Back