What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Digging deep tonight!
Also got new EBC HH pads up front installed.

0621222156_HDR.jpg

I did a bunch of small things. Installed a quick shifter (still need to program ecu) . Added a flashing harness (still need 2 wires from ecu to harness). Cleaned up PC V wiring. Added a ram mount. Added a USB port. Mounted a garage door opener. Knocked the bugs out of the air filter and ordered a new one. It didn't all go smooth but just the 2 wires for the ecu flash harness and a reprogram and I should have the quick shifter done. There is always more to do though. I'm still not happy with the battery connections, in not sure what I'm going to do with that yet (too many individual wires) .

Before
View attachment 1652503
After
View attachment 1652504
Quick shifter
View attachment 1652505
Ran mount, USB, door opener
View attachment 1652506
@fallenarch has some cool distribution blocks he's posted to clean up wiring

Well the other day i orderd a new pair of Akrapovic's,
Removed my Yoshi R77 and fitted the OEM's back on.
This is so i get the buzz when i fit the Akrapovic's.
I also moved my Maxton shock res to under the rear seat.
This gives me more room for the HPA.
Also bought 4 x R&G Hex Protectors for the Akrapovic's
The Akrapovic's were £1219 gbp ($1480usd) & the R&G Hex Protectors were £150 gbp ($182usd). Wanted to keep the 4-2-1-2 as i like the look of the 2 exhausts from the back.
Just got to play the waiting game now for the Akrapovic's to come.

Yoshimura R77.jpg

OEM Cannons (1).jpg

R&G Hex Exhaust Protector.jpg

Last edited:
Got some new shoes for the Busa.....excited to get these scrubbed in. Went with a 200/55 on the rear. Should put the ass end up higher about 10mm if I did my math right, but that's a big IF....plus hoping the 200 width will fill the backside a bit better.
View attachment 1652991
Yeah, in theory up to 15mm lift.

What seems like an exact science often isn’t. If you put several different tyres side by side you’ll notice a variation, this is pretty common, surprisingly (to me) it’s a bit of a grey area exactly how close to the listed measurement they actually area. Going to a taller tyre and a brand new one you should certainly notice it. I normally run 190/55’s on 6” rims but 200’s fit OK (B-Kings used a Gen-2 rim but had a 200 from the factory) it’s just a fraction different. I look forward to hearing your feedback.

I was actually a member around 2007-2010 era when I had both a 2004 and a “new” 2008 blue/gold busa. Sold both in 2010 and eventually stopped coming here. Purchased this one last month to replace my fav that I sold all those years ago.

Forgot old username etc… so technically you’re correct in this being my “first” post lol. Thank you for the re-welcome

Back