What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I installed my Helibars today, took off rear GSXR sticker, and added a chrome front tank bolt cover. On my 08 I added riser but decided to go with Helibars this time. I have ordered front and rear stands. I also need a tank pad for my knees. I took a nice ride today before the install so I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.
View attachment 1583478
You can do risers plus helibars combined. It’s a nice improvement.

I rode mine from one fire station to another :( maybe one day I'll quit working so much so I can ride it more.

Don’t both require new brake and clutch lines?
Helibars and .75 riser works. I believe sixpack had the same setup. I eventually went with braided lines and got longer ones while I was replacing them. Not sure if the ABS genII or genI bikes have shorter lines or not though. It might also be too tight of a fit for someone’s comfort, but it ran with no issues for me.

You can do risers plus helibars combined. It’s a nice improvement.
Thx...I might try that down the road. I rode it tonight and it was already and improvement. I ordered the touring windshield from Revzilla. I love this bike. I have been riding it more than my Harley.

Blacked out bolts and caps on them.

IMG_20180709_224939.jpg

Haven't done a damn thing to it. I am waiting for an aluminum subframe and 2nd fan to come in though. Once that comes in it'll keep me busy for a couple. Hopefully I'll get my engine back soon and put that in.

I have braided lines and they’re fine. The throttle is what’s affected with the Heli-Bars but only slightly and only when in full left lock. The idle goes up a few revs is all. I read the rerouting advice that came with the bars but the kink or ‘turn’ the cable had to make seemed to cause other problems.

Woke up the other day to a flat rear tire. So I priced out a rear tire, and got my smoked LED tail light, and DB windscreen in the mail. I leave for vacation tomorrow so when I get back, I'll have a new tire and mods put on. For only owning my first Busa for 2 months in excited for my progress. More to come.

20180623_133050.jpg

Woke up the other day to a flat rear tire. So I priced out a rear tire, and got my smoked LED tail light, and DB windscreen in the mail. I leave for vacation tomorrow so when I get back, I'll have a new tire and mods put on. For only owning my first Busa for 2 months in excited for my progress. More to come.

View attachment 1583485
Looks as though the wee lad has staked his claim.

It is sad to see any marriage cease to be but happiness is paramount. My wife and I bought both our boys bikes for this very reason (so their wives couldn't say they weren't allowed to have one). I believe motorcycling is a form of therapy.

I am fortunate my wife of 27yrs gave me the nod to get mine (although I have had a bike since I was knee-high to a grasshopper and came into our marriage with a bike).

Back