What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I like Brocks exhausts , and I also like Brocks in general , he runs a successful business , used to race etc. and I like his tutorials . I run his CT exhaust , that series are Japanese sourced , beautifully made imho and are pretty well the lightest around .
Each of us has his own freedom of choice with what you want for your motorcycle , and who you buy from , I personally try to avoid and not deal with unethical people in the motorcycle industry .

Well yesterday I rode it a couple hours up to Columbus and parked it in the bed of my new to me lil ram EcoDiesel :thumbsup:
BTW I-71 between Columbus and Cincinnati.... GREAT long mostly straight stretch. Lots of it is newly repaved and speed limit is 70mph along most of it.

Finished first titanium bracket.

DSC_5611.JPG

DSC_5612.JPG

DSC_5613.JPG

So is the Titanium hard to work with? Can you cut and drill it with the same tools you use on steel?
Not easy, but not impossible. You can cut / drill it, but slower than mild steel or aluminum.
Long cuts take time. Drilling is slower.
I could make the same part in steel / aluminum in 1/3 the time. Keep in mind I'm totally hand tools for most of it.
Drilling / wire wheel / sanding wheel are it.

Had a rear puncture on the freeway. Then hit a bump at 60. Bent the rim. Made it safely off the road. Flat bedded to a repair shop. $700 wheel + all the bearings, etc. And a week for the part(s) to arrive. Walked away from it. Technically, RODE away. Thrilled but broke. Might not have to replace the tire but probably will anyway. A day in the life of a single-vehicle owner. Pictures when I get home

Back