What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

IMG_2783.JPG

Looks the same on the other side

Had a rear puncture on the freeway. Then hit a bump at 60. Bent the rim. Made it safely off the road. Flat bedded to a repair shop. $700 wheel + all the bearings, etc. And a week for the part(s) to arrive. Walked away from it. Technically, RODE away. Thrilled but broke. Might not have to replace the tire but probably will anyway. A day in the life of a single-vehicle owner. Pictures when I get home
Don’t trust a used wheel? If I had to pay $700for a stocker, I would just go all in and get and aftermarket set

Had a rear puncture on the freeway. Then hit a bump at 60. Bent the rim. Made it safely off the road. Flat bedded to a repair shop. $700 wheel + all the bearings, etc. And a week for the part(s) to arrive. Walked away from it. Technically, RODE away. Thrilled but broke. Might not have to replace the tire but probably will anyway. A day in the life of a single-vehicle owner. Pictures when I get home
Man that is a bummer . I still have my stock wheels . send me a pm if you have not bought the 700 bucks worth of stuff yet .

I had a 72 , 550 Suzuki , spoke wheels. On my way to work early one morning I hit a 4 by 4 laying in the dark shadows under an overpass. It knocked my lunch pail, coat , hat and bungie cords off the bike and I looked like a dirt bike rider doing a Superman. Made it to the side of the road, rim was way bent but holding air ( tube in tire ) , road rest of the way to work at 5 mph , looked like a clown bike.

Man that is a bummer . I still have my stock wheels . send me a pm if you have not bought the 700 bucks worth of stuff yet .

@captain
You see?!? THIS is why those who complain loudly about the point of - the quality and content of - this forum are missing that point ... and are wrong. Forgive me for getting political here, but COME ON!! Stand-up behavior from the ranks of the ORG!

Thanks to @captain for facilitating the means by which things like this can happen.

@c10: Thanks for the offer, but because the incident occurred so many miles away, the new wheel was already ordered and paid for yesterday. Good news: Insurance promises to cover a significant portion of the cost, if not all of it, so I am wholly grateful this morning.

Parked my bike so I could go down to help a buddy get his new one home. 2019 Iron 883. Not a bad looking bike. Now I can say I've ridden a Harley and it was horrible.

View attachment 1605555
I rode an 883 which had a 1200 in it that was supposedly souped up and the owner was really talking it up-hard.

At the time I was riding my modified 1200 Bandit and this guy was thinking because his was a modified 1200 and mine was a modified 1200 they would be equal with his being on the winning side...

We switched bikes and when we stopped to switch back, I was really glad to get back on my bike and he had an awakening as to how lacking his bike was.

He got rid of that bike and got an M-109

Well pulled my rear OEM tire off @ 2700 miles, will install new rear tomorrow and clean/lube chain, wash bike and get new tire scrubbed in on a ride somewhere.

I also cut the rear fender flush with the license plate until I decide to delete it altogether, i think it looks better than having that long narrow strip hanging down and it makes using the rear stand and or removing the rear tire much better as a bonus. May have saved a half an oz in weight:lol:

9E7232F3-84A8-4C57-A846-37104FEED0AA.jpeg

DF9C9E2A-ECB9-4406-ADCF-2060800FE27B.jpeg

5C769908-F03D-42D6-80BC-674A690DF644.jpeg

Hello. I put my bike on a trickle charge. That one bike is 24 volt system. I guess it needs that much power to turn over and fire up the 300 hp. Without the trickle charge the battery dies I think there's a drain somewhere. When the bike is completely off no key in the ignition if you pull in the clutch there's a ticking sound or clicking sound, their antigravity batteries extremely light but does anyone know why it would be a drain from the clutch?

Well pulled my rear OEM tire off @ 2700 miles, will install new rear tomorrow and clean/lube chain, wash bike and get new tire scrubbed in on a ride somewhere.

I also cut the rear fender flush with the license plate until I decide to delete it altogether, i think it looks better than having that long narrow strip hanging down and it makes using the rear stand and or removing the rear tire much better as a bonus. May have saved a half an oz in weight:lol:

View attachment 1605592

View attachment 1605593

View attachment 1605595
2700 and you replacing already. A couple burnouts LOL :-)

Back