What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Last edited:
What?? Shortening the push rod will only change the position of the brake pedal/lever... it’s a bit like putting a longer con rod on the crank to give it a longer stroke, ahhhhh nah!!
It ain’t gonna shorten the stroke/travel at the tip of the pedal.
Now if you shorten the distance from the pivot of the lever to the end of the lever, that will reduce travel.....
Yes I think you guys misunderstood me lol. So I figure I need to get the back side of the lever closer to the “brake applied” position of the master.
My rear sets offer another hole for the lever so if I drop the master down a little I can shorten the rod travel and then adjust the pivot point to keep the toe position within reach.
Or maybe I can’t lol I just miss having a nice touchy rear brake.
One of these days I’ll try and see what I can come up with.

F75F4775-F4C1-4BF6-833D-E4ACB79DE531.png

3527C363-6499-4C52-A150-C31C22DD02D2.png

FD06D908-F69E-4638-A851-ED65EC1C870A.png

Have you wrapped anything before? Not trying to discourage you, but this busa was one of the HARDEST jobs I’ve ever done. Especially doing the tank in one piece.

I have not. This will be my first. I figured the tank and solo cowl would be difficult but I also figured the front and rear turn signal panels will be the hardest.

Not so much "did" today as in got more parts landed today.. (Winter mod time)
Currently waiting for delivery, install or done:

F&R Michelin Road 5's - done
F & R wheel bearings - waiting for delivery
DiD ZVMX chain and new sprockets - waiting for delivery
R1 Brembo MC - arrived
brainded lines - @ customs - waiting clearance
EBC HH sintered front pads & Organic rear pads - arrived
Arashi front rotors - arrived
Braking rear rotor - arrived
Genmar Riser - fitted
Ultra heavy bar ends and gel grips - fitted
AS3 silicon hoses and clamps - arrived
gsrx1000 mirrors - arrived
Radial Clutch MC - waiting for delivery
Black Widow ultralight 4-2 headers - @ customs - waiting clearance
Sensei cush drive rubbers - arrived
Power Coating bits n pieces - Pick up Monday

Yes I think you guys misunderstood me lol. So I figure I need to get the back side of the lever closer to the “brake applied” position of the master.
My rear sets offer another hole for the lever so if I drop the master down a little I can shorten the rod travel and then adjust the pivot point to keep the toe position within reach.
Or maybe I can’t lol I just miss having a nice touchy rear brake.
One of these days I’ll try and see what I can come up with.

View attachment 1602107

View attachment 1602108

View attachment 1602109
Ok Steve, now I understand lol, yeah those rearsets have multiple adjustment hole positions, if you play around with it, I'm sure you'll find the sweet spot . . . BP's lookin' sexy man!

Not so much "did" today as in got more parts landed today.. (Winter mod time)
Currently waiting for delivery, install or done:

F&R Michelin Road 5's - done
F & R wheel bearings - waiting for delivery
DiD ZVMX chain and new sprockets - waiting for delivery
R1 Brembo MC - arrived
brainded lines - @ customs - waiting clearance
EBC HH sintered front pads & Organic rear pads - arrived
Arashi front rotors - arrived
Braking rear rotor - arrived
Genmar Riser - fitted
Ultra heavy bar ends and gel grips - fitted
AS3 silicon hoses and clamps - arrived
gsrx1000 mirrors - arrived
Radial Clutch MC - waiting for delivery
Black Widow ultralight 4-2 headers - @ customs - waiting clearance
Sensei cush drive rubbers - arrived
Power Coating bits n pieces - Pick up Monday
Nice wee list of trinkets you have there bud, be sure to take pics of the fitting up process, I love pouring over pics of nice parts being fitted!
Bit like watching ya g/friend gettin' dressed lmao, if she's young and hot that is lol.

Oil change day that's what I'm doing today , Quick question on a gen 1 busa 2002 , I went to the stealership told them I needed a crush washer I believe they gave me a regular washer can I use it or do I need a crush washer and is 16 and a half the torque specs to put the drain plug back ?

Oil change day that's what I'm doing today , Quick question on a gen 1 busa 2002 , I went to the stealership told them I needed a crush washer I believe they gave me a regular washer can I use it or do I need a crush washer and is 16 and a half the torque specs to put the drain plug back ?
Regular washer is ok to use, ideally a crush washer is the way to go, but copper or aluminum washers are fine.
Torque spec is 16.5 ft/lb for sump plug, if it does not take that torque and strips the thread, then the thread was already damaged and will need a helicoil repair.
The oil filter tightening procedure is to turn it 'til contacting the face on the crankcase, then tighten 2 turns, I know it sounds excessive, but that is what the Suzuki service manual says, and it also says to NEVER tighten it just by hand.
Sounds weird but that's what the Suzuki guys say, so it must be right, right? lol.

I have not. This will be my first. I figured the tank and solo cowl would be difficult but I also figured the front and rear turn signal panels will be the hardest.

The front and turn signals aren’t that hard. Just make sure you use just enough heat, you don’t want to ruin the integrity of the wrap. The tank is rough. I had to redo it 5 times because I used silver chrome for mine. And detail EVERYTHING and everywhere. Take the bike apart and do it piece by piece. Tuck everything in and heat stretch it. When I did my cars, I had to buy the special tools to take every piece apart. I was so scared of breaking pieces on the lambo lol

The front and turn signals aren’t that hard. Just make sure you use just enough heat, you don’t want to ruin the integrity of the wrap. The tank is rough. I had to redo it 5 times because I used silver chrome for mine. And detail EVERYTHING and everywhere. Take the bike apart and do it piece by piece. Tuck everything in and heat stretch it. When I did my cars, I had to buy the special tools to take every piece apart. I was so scared of breaking pieces on the lambo lol

Shoot me a text or a call when you have a second. Want to pick your brain about it. Check your PMs.

Well ,well, I changed the oil in my Busa my self, Amsoil I noticed a few aluminum shavings I'm thinking from missing 2nd gear but the Falcon has plenty of power so I saved myself a few bucks doing it myself

Back