What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

@GAmedic , Those sprocket nuts don't look seated correctly , the thread is not sufficiently through the nut for proper strength . Have you got washers under them , because you do not need washers , those ti nuts are flanged . Just torque up the ti nuts to standard torque , the tread should be ideally flush or so with the top of nut .

They were fitted onto a couple of threads that were exposed to get an idea as to how they will look. OE nuts are still on there. Waiting for my sprockets to show up before anything gets installed.

Installed the return spring on my brake pedal. I’m not sure why I feel like this driven lever has so much more travel than the OEM setup. Almost as if the brakes needed bleeding, but they don’t.

95177910-3210-492A-B0B7-4BEBC828677D.jpeg

After seeing pictures on here of gummed up throttle valves and piston tops caused by dirty injector holes I went out and dumped a bunch of “sea-foam” in a full tank and drove it like I stole it until it was near empty. Don’t know if it helped but it sure was fun! :cool:

Gave mine a bath this weekend in anticipation of the upcoming Sturgis trip. Got a new Puig windscreen installed, threw on a Techmount stem phone mount and wired in a fused USB outler for charging the phone or camera. Ordered a new OEM gel seat also.

Gave mine a bath this weekend in anticipation of the upcoming Sturgis trip. Got a new Puig windscreen installed, threw on a Techmount stem phone mount and wired in a fused USB outler for charging the phone or camera. Ordered a new OEM gel seat also.
That's something that I was always curious about, never seen any sport bikes in the pics or videos I've seen of sturgis and couldn't imagine that the wasn't some around.

@GAmedic , Those sprocket nuts don't look seated correctly , the thread is not sufficiently through the nut for proper strength . Have you got washers under them , because you do not need washers , those ti nuts are flanged . Just torque up the ti nuts to standard torque , the tread should be ideally flush or so with the top of nut .
I think he just threaded them on to the thread sticking out of his stock nuts just to get a look and feel before his sprocket comes.

That's something that I was always curious about, never seen any sport bikes in the pics or videos I've seen of sturgis and couldn't imagine that the wasn't some around.

I’ve been twice on a street glide and noticed several sport bikes both times. Looks to me like the BMW sport tour/concours/FjR crowd is growing too.

Try to loosen the oil filter with your hand, but be sure to only try this on a cold or luke warm engine (as if I need to even give this warning lol)
If you can not budge it ( you'll be very lucky if you can) then use a filter tool with and appropriate length bar and extension to loosen it . . .
below is the filter tool I use, a genuine Suzuki part.
1563863611216.png

Below is the one I've always used for cars (I'm a car mechanic) and very good, works on the Hayabusa too.
1563864557802.png

When fitting the filter, lube the seal with oil or rubber grease and turn it until it makes contact with the face of the engine crankcase, then tighten it another 1/2 to 3/4 turn.

Last edited:
Back