What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Got my front tire installed. Now playing with my kickstand.

E92984F6-CE90-4841-81D8-D6F6FC489CB2.jpeg

Yes bought all the parts you listed for me waiting on the gold valve. What did you use to compress that 14.5 spring? Looking at motion pro press since racetech is over 3 bills.
I loosened up the preload ring all the way back and used two ratchet straps. I don’t recommend it though, you have to be really careful.
Can you use a spring compressor like what you'd use on a car? If so, you can rent them at O'Reilly's or AutoZone etc.

Can you use a spring compressor like what you'd use on a car? If so, you can rent them at O'Reilly's or AutoZone etc.
No. The shock body is too close to the spring and coils are too close to each other already. I have a set of those you are thinking about and they don’t fit. :-/ these are the ones that are needed. They have two small “claws”.

859FC9ED-B79A-4B99-B709-B85A19B3E68D.png

That think looks beefy :thumbsup: I have a set of knockoffs that bowed out and almost made me drop one of the bikes. They will be thrown in the trash or welded/reinforced.
I did a good bit of “rear stand” research before making a choice on what to buy. And yes, P.B.’s are expensive in comparison to others. But, it’s worth it in my opinion. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sucks, I just got over mine too.
It likes to hang in there...I am sweating doing nothing...

Sad thing about taking off the fairing is the top pin was broken, at least the pin was still there and I was able to "Gorilla Glue" it in place-fingers crossed it holds. I know it was broken a while due to the dirt in the break.

There isn't much holding it in place other than two very small pieces of flat plastic...what a poor design. Gen 3 better have a fix for that!

It likes to hang in there...I am sweating doing nothing...

Sad thing about taking off the fairing is the top pin was broken, at least the pin was still there and I was able to "Gorilla Glue" it in place-fingers crossed it holds. I know it was broken a while due to the dirt in the break.

There isn't much holding it in place other than two very small pieces of flat plastic...what a poor design. Gen 3 better have a fix for that!
Yep, I’m with you on that (Gen 3).

Before I changed the oil recently, I watched a couple different videos on how to remove the right faring. I FOR SURE would have broken that tab if I didn’t watch videos first.

Hope u get better soon tho:) I know how you feel, it’s freakin’ terrible.

Yep, I’m with you on that (Gen 3).

Before I changed the oil recently, I watched a couple different videos on how to remove the right faring. I FOR SURE would have broken that tab if I didn’t watch videos first.

Hope u get better soon tho:) I know how you feel, it’s freakin’ terrible.

Thanks Busa brother, I am actually feeling good right now as long as I don't try thinking I'm all better and get doing too much.

I watched the videos a few times too and was really cautious only to be dismayed by the pin being broken (first oil change for me).

Installed schnitz quick turn throttle, unfortunately was a little cold to test ride by the time I was done. However I did notice once everything was on and buttoned up it left me with a decent sized gap between the bar end and the throttle grip. Had anyone else that's done this mod had this issue??

That's pretty.....

I swore I'd never have a yellow vehicle, then I saw this bike and had to have it-odd...

I do however have a lawn cutting counter-part though and it cost more than the Busa.

View attachment 1596960

I'm ashamed to say that it's been almost 10 years now that I truly appreciate a good lawn mower.
It was at that point I realized that I was getting old, lol

Back