What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

I just landed my Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta in which I will fit up over winter here , if not before . I got this pump to try out against the RCS17 I currently run , this pump will have more power with less feel I expect . The 17 pump is good up to 32mm brake pistons , but the 19 can go up to 34mm pistons .
The calipers , GP4-RX / .484 are 4 x 32mm caliper , and combined with the oversize 330mm ductile iron disc , the RCS17 gave excellent feedback . The 19 should be interesting to see how things go , once fitted
IMG_20190325_153613.jpg

I just landed my Brembo RCS19 Corsa Corta in which I will fit up over winter here , if not before . I got this pump to try out against the RCS17 I currently run , this pump will have more power with less feel I expect . The 17 pump is good up to 32mm brake pistons , but the 19 can go up to 34mm pistons .
The calipers , GP4-RX / .484 are 4 x 32mm caliper , and combined with the oversize 330mm ductile iron disc , the RCS17 gave excellent feedback . The 19 should be interesting to see how things go , once fittedView attachment 1596585

Awww man, that is pretty nice mmmmmmmmm . . .
1553506333276.png

The blurb . . . .

Brembo presents the latest evolution in the radial master cylinder concept with the launch of the new 19RCS CORSA CORTA. This new radial master brake cylinder features a host of innovations, with many of the technical solutions adopted drawn directly from the master cylinders used in MotoGP.

The most significant achievement is, that the 19RCS CORSA CORTA allows the rider to tailor the “bite point” exactly where they want it, with an easily accessible selector on the top of the master cylinder itself (patent-pending technology).

ONE MASTER CYLINDER, THREE RIDE MODES

The selector operates a cam mechanism to let the user choose between three different responsiveness settings.

In the Normal setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter N, the bite point starts more gradually, making it suitable for city riding or braking in poor grip conditions.

In the Sport setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter S, the beginning of the bite point is shorter than in the N setting. This setting produces a more dynamic response suitable for sportier riding.

Lastly, in the Race setting, indicated on the master cylinder with the letter R, the position of the cam mechanism shortens the initial stage of the bite point even further to produce the same immediate response of the master cylinders used in MotoGP, letting the rider reach the bite point of the brakes instantaneously. This setting is ideal for use on the race track, where every hundredth of a second shaved off a lap time counts.

By simply changing from one setting to another, the rider can configure the braking response and feel of the bike immediately and predictably.

1553506557987.png

You should try Pro Grip 761, gel grips.
Not squishy or rock hard, and a larger diameter in the middle, tapering smaller to each end.
I've put them on 2 bikes and 1 4wheeler, and will put them on every bike from now on.
I wear XL gloves, and find stock grips too narrow, but the grip puppies too bulky, as well as their foam not feeling secure enough on the grips, as if they want to twist.
The Pro-Grip 761 were the perfect compromise. @BigE posted years ago that he was using them, I tried them, and have been hooked ever since.
Just an fyi to guys with xl or bigger hands:beerchug:
They are here! Now need to make some time to get them on, but garage door opener just broke, so that needs attention next time I’m off from work :banghead:

17E3D052-BD69-4ED4-B898-16E8C77EE852.jpeg

Frank told me that Genmar went out of business so I put some Soupy's 1 inch risers on today. They seem to work good no rubbing at full turn. Had to put a rubber cap on the bottom of the inner right hand bolt where the throttle cables hit. I will better fix that tomorrow.

I cut a couple factory zip ties and redid. I put some protector over some of the wires. I need to order 3 new bolt caps. I should get my lowering pegs soon.

I had risers on my 08 and Helibars on my 18 so decided to go back to risers on this one. Helibars has that warning not to tie down the bike using the bars...
IMG_6141.JPG

IMG_6143.JPG

IMG_6144.JPG

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6146.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG

I love the 761 grips, and wear XL gloves.
But, you wear XXL gloves, and were using 2 sets of grip puppies, so I hope these are big enough for you. Or maybe 1 set of grip puppies on the 761's if they aren't big enough by themselves.

I love the 761 grips, and wear XL gloves.
But, you wear XXL gloves, and were using 2 sets of grip puppies, so I hope these are big enough for you. Or maybe 1 set of grip puppies on the 761's if they aren't big enough by themselves.

I wear XXL gloves. Thought it was just Dainese that ran big for me but the A-Stars I just bought are XXL.

The calipers , GP4-RX / .484 are 4 x 32mm caliper , and combined with the oversize 330mm ductile iron disc , the RCS17 gave excellent feedback . The 19 should be interesting to see how things go , once fittedView attachment 1596585

Danggit! You beat me to it. Mine is due here Wednesday. Going to have to wait to install though for the fork work.

Danggit! You beat me to it. Mine is due here Wednesday. Going to have to wait to install though for the fork work.
Hahaha , all good Arch , I wont be fitting mine as yet either . I just ordered a ti pivot from Raceti for it , and I will have to order a new AEM carbon lever and modify it to fit the new pump , because it is now different from previous RCS pumps . Looking forward to trying it out bro , I might not be able to hold off from fitting it !!

Hahaha , all good Arch , I wont be fitting mine as yet either . I just ordered a ti pivot from Raceti for it , and I will have to order a new AEM carbon lever and modify it to fit the new pump , because it is now different from previous RCS pumps . Looking forward to trying it out bro , I might not be able to hold off from fitting it !!
Toad, am I right to assume that this wouldn’t be much of an upgrade for someone like me, who’s already running a 19rcs? (I haven read all the details on the one you just ordered)
@fallenarch willie, are you running a 19 or 17 MC?

Toad, am I right to assume that this wouldn’t be much of an upgrade for someone like me, who’s already running a 19rcs? (I haven read all the details on the one you just ordered)
@fallenarch willie, are you running a 19 or 17 MC?
Yes bro , in reality not necessary , unless you want more adjustability on lever bite . This can be adjusted now from normal street , to race aggressive , so is desirable for this , but your RCS is already a great functioning pump . I and others love this stuff , and perfect excuse to upgrade to this to try out the 19 over my 17 .

Back