What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Went low profile breather. Last year I didn’t run a fuel pump pre filter so trying to get everything to fit. Also installed slave support. And after months got all the fairings back on.

C7D635A3-CA44-4154-A512-139AC3B9474F.jpeg

E4195B6C-716F-4F67-A70A-F006408C89D7.jpeg

Willie whats the antenna for ?

Used to run an AutoCom with Kenwood 2-way. That was before the BT generation caught up. It was a wired system but you could get a couple miles range, no charging and great quality. Only down side was walking away from the bike and having your helmet jerked out of your hand!

2019 winter busa maint.jpg

Changed all the hydraulic fluid
greased throttle sleeve and lubed cables
Cleaned air filter
flushed and replaced coolant
gonna fix a leaky fork seal
did a crappy job painting centerstand
will pull the wheels for new rubber this month
polished the tank...
took the fairings in the house and washed in the kitchen sink (I live alone LOL)
general cleaning of nooks and crannies and a nut and bolting.

cheers
ken

I can only look at mine and start it as im still waiting on my ankles to finish healing from a wreak on my 14 backin October.

Wasted two hours trying to swap out rear shocks. Have to remove one of my lowering links and the top bolt is rounded and frozen. Frustrated.

Wasted two hours trying to swap out rear shocks. Have to remove one of my lowering links and the top bolt is rounded and frozen. Frustrated.
Sorry to hear that Greg. Not sure if you know, but the frame has a hole perfectly lined up with the top bolt for you to run an extension through it to get the bolt loose. The lower bolts are stupid tight. I had to use a breaker bar to loosen them up. I put the bike on its side stand and had someone hold the front brake and keep the bike steady, while I loosened it up from the throttle side.

Top one is out. Easy. It's the bottom one. I'll deal with it tomorrow when I'm calm. I've learned over the years to walk away and let it sit. I'll throw a bolt extractor on it tomorrow and get it off. Or I'll kick over the whole bike, set it on fire, pour some gas on it and enjoy a cigar. One or the other
I used a snap on impact socket and my 1/2 inch impact gun to break mine loose when I was doing my swing arm. There was no way I could break them, when I put the breaker bar on I almost turned the entire bike off of the stands.
It sucks that your bolts are rounded out so that makes it all the more diffcult for you.
I have the factory bolts for the links, you could just cut the bolt head and I can send you the bolts when I send you your cooling hoses.

Removed fairings and some other little things to prepare for turbo install! Any tips to help it go smoothly?
Get everyrhing you think you would need in advance. I started to go piece by piece an it took a lot longer than expected. Use power house for parts and pieces. He’s goes above and beyond to help and will sell you all the little parts you can’t find anywhere.

Back