What Did You Do To Your Busa, Today?

Got to ask what is the benefit of a tank like that with two holes up top? Just looks? Know it is big $ Japanese.

There is no advantage to having two holes on the street. The street version of a endurance racing tank is sold to the public with one hole closed and the other hole is designed to fit the stock gas cap.

The advantage of an endurance tank on the street is, it weights four pounds less and holds a gallon more. Never mind the crazy super rare ( they are much more common in japan) bling factor that does not impair utility. The only disadvantage I have found is magnetic tank bags no longer work.

In endurance racing the two holes allow one hole to fill the tank and the other hole to suck the air out enabling the tank to be filled in seconds. Below is a video of a Honda endurance racing pit stop that clearly shows tank being filled in seconds. Lotsa pretty parts on those bikes... sigh...

As for expense, it is 2000 grand. not including import duties,tax, polishing, paint, yada yada yada... I have spent more on booze over the last 35 years buying drinks for women in bars who were out of my league and would never have slept with anyways... LOL What was the better investment?

!!!!ACT FAST!!!! !!!!GET YOURS NOW!!!!

SUZUKI GSX1300R HAYABUSA Fuel Tanks | - Webike

cheers
ken

It's definitely one of a kind-the only Busa with this color combo I know of.

Called the Bumble Bee, it flies along until you rile it and then it stings you.
Yea don’t see many of that bright yellow. My color is like that too I guess 06 was like a tweener year, they didn’t change the scheme much from 05 I have seen 2 or 3 other colors like mine on here.
I don’t recall many if any yellow beauts like yours!!

Yea don’t see many of that bright yellow. My color is like that too I guess 06 was like a tweener year, they didn’t change the scheme much from 05 I have seen 2 or 3 other colors like mine on here.
I don’t recall many if any yellow beauts like yours!!
They made a full yellow one but the previous owner put the yellow fairings on a black one which made it different. As soon as I saw it, I liked it.

They made a full yellow one but the previous owner put the yellow fairings on a black one which made it different. As soon as I saw it, I liked it.
OHHH That certainly explains the rarity (in this case non existant) of your colors. I just did some googling and I gotta say the all yellow bike is just too much yellow. The black and yellow on yours really divides it perfectly.
So under those tank pad grippie doo-dads, is there a grey striping?

Last edited:
OHHH That certainly explains the rarity (in this case non existant) of your colors. I just did some googling and I gotta say the all yellow bike is just too much yellow. The black and yellow on yours really divides it perfectly.
So under those tank pad grippie doo-dads, is there a grey striping?
No stripes on the tank...

It's 8am on Sunday here and I'm having a lie in bed, coffee and the org on my iPhone, rain showers are rolling over my town, rain on my roof, great way to start the day!
I'm planning on going out to the garage and removing the air box from the Busa, balancing the throttle bodies, then removing the spark plugs, checking them to read the running mixture.
I'm also going to check all the valve clearances, I've done 500kms since fitting the new cams.
Then it will be a warm up, compression test and a leak down test.
Will put up some pics and the results from the tests.

Modded my inner dash fairing and trim piece to fit the coolant reservoir.

Installed the led indicators into the old plate holes in the undertail.

8907F3EC-C754-479C-B359-65D3DA0D42FD.jpeg

078021A5-8495-448E-A1C4-8116CED49735.jpeg

098D4137-A0FB-494E-800D-90CDF953E212.jpeg

8DCE481E-A00E-4391-8E89-8D55D910DCDD.jpeg

55BAEA86-DCCF-442C-8DC2-31E5492C43F6.jpeg

53B099E3-2810-4CE2-95B7-99F10983F763.jpeg

20A2CFA3-94F3-4A47-922E-EC904F9927AD.jpeg

Modded my inner dash fairing and trim piece to fit the coolant reservoir.

Installed the led indicators into the old plate holes in the undertail.

View attachment 1594919

View attachment 1594920

View attachment 1594921

View attachment 1594922

View attachment 1594923

View attachment 1594924

View attachment 1594925
Hey buddy, nice job on the rad mod, hey where did you get the tail lamp? and with the blue led's, can you swith them off while riding at night? The cops here would have a field day if visible at night . . . blue light is reserved for them, and they are serious about it.

Hey buddy, nice job on the rad mod, hey where did you get the tail lamp? and with the blue led's, can you swith them off while riding at night? The cops here would have a field day if visible at night . . . blue light is reserved for them, and they are serious about it.
Thanks it came out pretty well. I have one issue with the left side hose and have to either cut the fairing, or cut and reweld the radiator. It’s squeezing the hose a bit.

The light in the rear is a custom rgb strip that I wired to a relay. When the bike is parked and the blue glow is on the light becomes blue. When I turn the blue glow off for travel the light turns back to red.

The tail light came with the under tail the additional light you see (the custom rgb) used to be a license plate light because the undertail was made to house a plate. The additional blinkers sit in the original plate holes.

C4427100-AE35-412B-A034-5E94C2105D13.jpeg

52C6E866-7093-43B2-80C7-BFA58D8772AA.jpeg

I really like that tank , I am still thinking about getting one . I was told Beater Japan makes the Yoshi tank as well as a couple of others for Busa , including one tank that is same shape as the original , with one cap . I do like the 'endurance racer' style of @kml chosen Yoshi tank , a real nice piece for sure .

Thanks it came out pretty well. I have one issue with the left side hose and have to either cut the fairing, or cut and reweld the radiator. It’s squeezing the hose a bit.

The light in the rear is a custom rgb strip that I wired to a relay. When the bike is parked and the blue glow is on the light becomes blue. When I turn the blue glow off for travel the light turns back to red.

The tail light came with the under tail the additional light you see (the custom rgb) used to be a license plate light because the undertail was made to house a plate. The additional blinkers sit in the original plate holes.

View attachment 1594926

View attachment 1594927
Yeah, I see what you mean re the hose being a bit squashed.
I think if it was me, I'd modify the radiator hose outlet pipe position rather than cut the fairing . . . after all, it's still winter in your neck of the woods and wont be riding season for a while yet I'd imagine.
It's a pain having to strip it down AGAIN but will be worth it in the end.
These mods always seem to have a fly in the ointment and take longer and more effort than first thought.
At least we all now know what's involved in the Gen2 rad to Gen 1 conversion, thanks for that!

Yeah, I see what you mean re the hose being a bit squashed.
I think if it was me, I'd modify the radiator hose outlet pipe position rather than cut the fairing . . . after all, it's still winter in your neck of the woods and wont be riding season for a while yet I'd imagine.
It's a pain having to strip it down AGAIN but will be worth it in the end.
These mods always seem to have a fly in the ointment and take longer and more effort than first thought.
At least we all now know what's involved in the Gen2 rad to Gen 1 conversion, thanks for that!
Yea I think you are right I am probably going to pull the rad, and take the gen 1 fitting and have it welded to the gen 2 radiator so that the factory hose will fit as it should, do it right thank you for the push lol I almost took the easy way out.

@kml your bird is often found on google images . I would like the tank you run for the extra capacity . It would make the long runs better . However i'll probably just buy a 2nd steel tank to modify to hold 1 to 1.5 gallons more fuel .

It's always been a fantasy mod, when I win the lotto, but I have always wanted to turn the hump into a custom aluminum gas tank. Same shape, just with a fill cap on the top and a feed with a petcock to the main tank.

The TankShop in Scotland does amazing work.

The Tank Shop

oh well...

cheers
ken

I need opinions:
My first oil change since buying the bike late last month. About 10.6k miles on it. No idea when last oil change or oil type. Previous filter was a Bikemaster, replaced with KN 138. New oil is Motul 10W40

A pic of the old oil:

IMG_2261.JPG

Here's a pic of that plastic drain pan after dumping old oil out. Please know that I am jeffgordons24 - sorry, OCD about clean when it comes to oil stuff, so I know that drain pan was spotless before oil drain:

IMG_2263.JPG

A local suggests it might be sand, and it felt like sand when rubbed between fingers. It was NOT attracted to a magnet, which, I guess is good news, but is it??

IMG_2264.JPG

The bike did spend several months in AZ, perhaps sitting in an auction lot.
But how did this stuff get into my oil?

I am pulling the air filter for inspect next weekend.

And finally, what's this? Is it stock?
IMG_2268.Arrow.JPG

I need opinions:
My first oil change since buying the bike late last month. About 10.6k miles on it. No idea when last oil change or oil type. Previous filter was a Bikemaster, replaced with KN 138. New oil is Motul 10W40

A pic of the old oil:

View attachment 1594988

Here's a pic of that plastic drain pan after dumping old oil out. Please know that I am jeffgordons24 - sorry, OCD about clean when it comes to oil stuff, so I know that drain pan was spotless before oil drain:

View attachment 1594990
A local suggests it might be sand, and it felt like sand when rubbed between fingers. It was NOT attracted to a magnet, which, I guess is good news, but is it??

View attachment 1594991

View attachment 1594992
Have you checked your air filter? I ask this because I had an issue with high silicone content (silicone=dirt) on an oil sample I sent to be analyzed and ended up replacing the air filter. I will be sending another sample at next oil change to verify that my problem was resolved.

I need opinions:

A pic of the old oil:

View attachment 1594988

View attachment 1594990

View attachment 1594991

View attachment 1594992
Looks like an oil sending unit to me (what monitors the pressure and trips the light on the dash).

Reactions: c10
Back