went to pay respects to Wes tonight

Doug, you're a good man. Thanks for being there and representing those of us who wish we could be there to give condolences to Wesley's family.

I wish I could have stayed longer for the funeral, and I'm so thankful to you Doug, James and Jay Willie for going. You guys have all been so strong for us all. I can't describe what it means to me to know you guys, to know it was you with Wes. I'm just thankful, as hard as it is and was, that it was you guys with him, that he wasn't alone. I've expressed my thoughts to Jay Willie over these last few days; perhaps he can relay them, as I'm having a tough time still.

My thoughts and prayers are with Wes' family, his girlfriend and friends. Today is going to be tough, as will the coming months. :please:

Thanks for representing us - I wish I could have stayed longer or even driven down to be there. I enjoyed spending the evening with Wes; I was sitting next to him for much of the night and we were sharing stories and laughter.

Thoughts and prayers out to the family, his girlfriend and friends.

We'll meet up again my friend...

thank you to all that are there, i am sure Wes's family appreciates it, God speed Wes.

Well we are back at my house... Twotonevert and Jay Willie arrived at my house about 9am and we rode together to the funeral. Of course the mood was solemn but the church looked very nice. We sat down and the professor (Rick) and his wife came in and sat with us and just a few minutes later Ward and Uncle Steve came in.

The pastor was very open about the fact that Wes lived an active life and he even mentioned that he was a rider himself and we all know the risk of riding. The family seems to be at peace with the event knowing that Wes was doing the one thing he loved to do. There were many people in attendance and they showed about 3 songs worth of pictures on the big screens. Wes was really a neat guy and I hate that we had to learn so much about him and his life from his funeral. A mental note that I made was to make sure that I spend more time learning the details about my friends....

At the end we lined up and walked by the casket, James, John and I took a minute together and looked at Wes one last time. We paid our respects and moved on. The pastor mentioned during his time to speak that Wes was an avid Star Wars fan and he loved everything star wars. When the friends had all passed by the coffin and only the family was inside they spent a few minutes alone with him. Anyone not family was waiting in the church entry way for the family to come out. The doors to the sanctuary came open and we heard a very loud orchestra. The music was the Star Wars "Empire March", there was a pretty good chuckle across the whole room..... Here is a link to the music [URL="
MARCH[/URL]

We went out to eat lunch to talk about the situation and to honestly just take advantage of every minute we could.

Twotonevert, Jay Willie, Mrs Captain, Ward, Professor, Uncle Steve, Professors Wife and myself spent over an hour just laughing.... We need more of that around here....

More to come later...

wes funeral.jpg

wes funeral.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to all from the oRg that attended. It means so much to all of us. Thanks Doug, for letting us know the details, and I have to say, how cool is that to have the Imperial March played at a funeral. I'm sure Wes was smiling :) That's pretty cool...

I know that many of you wish you could be here to say goodbye and pay respects to Wesley and condolencenses to the family in person. I stopped by the funeral home and met Wesley's great grandmother, his grandmother, uncle, cousins and gave a hug to his father.

Wes looked good, very peaceful even in a suit.. The funeral is tomorrow and I will be there, twotonevert and Jay Willie are coming to the house in the morning and we will all go together.

I just wanted you all to know that we are simply represenatives of the org and are doing our best to pass on the respect and honor Wes deserved.

I can tell you that it was very difficult for me, the first lady I made eye contact with me came to me and she introduced herself as his grandmother. She asked me how I knew Wes and when I told her he was a riding friend and we were there with him when he crashed she grabbed my hand and began to cry... She asked if I was there when Wes died and I explained there were 4 of us holding onto him and there were many more members at the roadside praying for him. Wes' family is very strong and there are many of them to lean on each other.

I also spoke with Wes' girlfriend and she looks good considering the circumstances. It was a long relationship and I am sure that she will need lots of love and friends to help get through it all.

I just wanted you all to know....

cap

Precisely one of the reasons I still hang around here,Thanks Doug for all you do.

I hope there are people like you guys around when I go. Reading these stories makes me proud to be who I am, and proud to be a member here and surround myself with the type of people who would do anything for people. Some whom they've never met.
Cheers to you :beerchug:

And Rest In Peace Wes, say hi to my brother, tell him I miss him and will see you both someday... :please:

Thanks Doug, James, John, Steve, and all who attended from the Org. Really appreciate the update. Imperial March!...Awesome!!!:thumbsup:

Thanks Captain, Mrs Captain, Twotonevert, Jay Willie, Ward, Professor, Mrs Professor, and Uncle Steve for representing us. I wish I could have made it to the funeral as well.

Thanks Doug, Kristie, James, John, Steve, Rick & Ward (hope I didn't miss any) - it means a lot that y'all were there to pay respects and represent the .oRg; I wish I could have attended...

I'll always think of Wes whenever I hear the 'Imperial March' from now on ;)

RIP my Brother...

Back