Tonight Is the NIGHT!  Busa Vs. Cobra

ET streets on the stang and the busa will have race!
wink.gif
I said street tires!
biggrin.gif

ET Streets are DOT legal baby.  Damn nobody likes the undertail huh?
sad.gif
I like the undertail....looks pretty sweet.

If ya want high speed, get rid of the gearing, and go back to stock.

Dropping a tooth and adding to the rear will only add grunt down low....you sacrifice some top speed MPH.

That plate placement is badazz!!!! I might have to experiment with something like that.

Thanks guys.

If you put the plate under. You can pick up some lights at wal mart in the automotive area for 5 bucks. They are designed for the import racer crowd, they go where the windshield wiper fluid jets are. If you pick up some blue or white, they run on 12v and provide enough light to read the plate.

When it wasnt lit the cops messed with me, now that I've got light on it. No problems thus far.

That looks good, who did the install? Texas Jam? The Tune? Which DFI are you running? Fast? Motec?
wink.gif

Don't be so pushy neeley. He gave a reasonable explaination of why he couldn't do it yet. It will come, who knows when, but it will come. Patience is a virtue my friend.

with nearly 1300 hp the stang should do the 1/4 in the mid to low 8's at 160 to 170 depending on gearing and tire dia. if its geared for high speed it'll be slower but i think the poor busa is going down.:(

If you can get the car to hook the Busa is toast. I have been up against a 680 to the tires cobra and it was a tight race from a 30MPH roll those cars just keep pulling and with the twin turbos that thing is going to pull like a freight train.

The only thing I would be concerned with is keeping the car hooked up at high speed, those Turbos make so much torque that car is going to be a hand full when the boost comes on.

If the Busa gets a good jump he may be able to hold him off but if the car hooks good I would put my money on the Cobra.

All the people who said the Busa would win don't know smack about aero and power specs of these machines..

He already said that the busa can't beat the cobra in the 1/4 and that's were motorcycles shine. No  Quarter, in case you didnt know, cars are much more aerodynamic than bikes period and Highway pulls are much more in favor for the cars than the bikes. If the Bike couldnt beat the stang on the 1/4 then you already know he's done when it comes to the highway run.

How modded is the busa, thats an extremely modded mustang and it looks like a near stock busa.
They say that you need around 800whp to run against a stock busa and 1000whp to run with a decently modded busa...the stang has 1300whp
blush.gif
Comon man, the outcome is a given..

Start modding the busa and then see who wins biatch!!
biggrin.gif

SKII would pwn the stang...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|ICEMAN PR
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125462935 -->

All the people who said the Busa would win don't know smack about aero and power specs of these machines..

He already said that the busa can't beat the cobra in the 1/4 and that's were motorcycles shine. No  Quarter, in case you didnt know, cars are much more aerodynamic than bikes period and Highway pulls are much more in favor for the cars than the bikes. If the Bike couldnt beat the stang on the 1/4 then you already know he's done when it comes to the highway run.

How modded is the busa, thats an extremely modded mustang and it looks like a near stock busa.
They say that you need around 800whp to run against a stock busa and 1000whp to run with a decently modded busa...the stang has 1300whp
blush.gif
Comon man, the outcome is a given..

Start modding the busa and then see who wins biatch!!
biggrin.gif

SKII would pwn the stang...
cool.gif
That's based on something with the weight and AERO of a vehicle like the C-5 Vette, Supra, or Viper.

With the weight and aero of a Mustang, up top he is going to need more power. He should still win but he will need every bit of 900+rwhp in that car.

We still don't know much about the car besides 1,300hp. Is that rear wheel or fly? What is the gearing? If it's a drag car, it may not go much over 160mph give or take a few. Plus if it has drag suspension, it may not be stable up top at high speeds. What tires is he running on the street? His tires might night be up for 180+ if he has slicks.

There are a lot more factors involved than just Horse Power.....

3.73 gears, be running on drag radials. Its a viper t56 tranny. The car is NOT stable at high speeds and once it hits the 180 (gps ind) mark it struggles to maintain acceleration. The car has dynoed a BEST of 1298 at the wheels.

However its a turbo car. I cannot ever duplicate the same ambient temperature, barometric pressure and humidity twice. Therefore the car, turbos being finicky by nature, will never produce the same power level twice. Dyno pulls are also in ONE gear. The same load will not be delivered to the turbos in each gear. Therefore its response in the upper gears is unpredictable. It is not a drag suspension it runs mid to low 9s with 8 second mphs.

I honestly don't know how to call the race, the busa seems to have an easier time up on the big end to me. But then again, how much attention do you really pay to #### at 180+.

Its a lot more stable for sure.

We'll see. Hopefully this weekend.

Back