high hp cobra wants to race............

TommyGunn1300

Registered
guy i know swears he can outrun a busa. he posted a video on youtube of him running a busa from a 50 roll and walked all over it.. funny part is the front end of the busa didn't even look like it wanted to come up. now im 208lbs and i can get up on the tank and hit it at 50 and it will want to stand stright up. therefor i think the video race was set up. there was ALOT of talk from both sides tonight weather or not i could beat him. i even got next to my buddy in his truck and showed him a 50roll hit. he still thinks the cobra will take me. now im 208lbs, riding a stock busa and i can push it to its limits. his car is a 03 cobra twin turbo putting down about 750hp to the wheel. i know for a fact on the 1/4 mile i could take him...the time slips prove it. but he wants to run on the street from a 30 roll or a 50roll.

what could i expect from this? it will go down in a few weeks and be on video. but theres ALOT of **** talking going on towards me saying the cobra will walk all over me, and alot going on saying they are on crack and the video that was posted was fake.

??? should i put some money on this?

I would never race for money, only braggin' rights.

--Wag--

heres the video
- Busa's, Cobras, and Corvette's, Oh My! (JUGRNAUT PRODUCTION[/url]

the yellow cobra is that car thats being talked about

Last edited by a moderator:
I would bet he could give you a run for your money with a roll on. With 750hp at the wheels you will have a tough time. Good luck! Let us know who wins.

I just watched the video. Your gonna get spanked. That video says 800 rwhp and a semi stockish busa. If your on a stock busa, sorry your going to lose.

you had better put a turbo on, you will kick his butt then! From most of the results I have seen on the internet, a car with 750 horse is a very good match for a stock busa. Make him run from a dead stop and then a rolling start. :thumbsup:

the video says 800 but its 770 if that makes a diffrence..he will only do a roll race.. what roll should i go from? i was thinking 50roll 1st gear

Hate to be the bearer of common sense here but this is the kind of stuff that is best left for the track. Guess nobody has paid any attention to all the fatalities posted over the last few days.

An 800hp car street racing in the dark, now that was a smart video.

Is it just me or did it look like the 'busa was not in it at all? RPM's sounded a little low and like he was just messing around.

Is it just me or did it look like the 'busa was not in it at all? RPM's sounded a little low and like he was just messing around.

thats what i was thinking..ive watched MANY videos on 800hp cars vs busas and it seems alot closer and 80% of the time..the bike wins. i dont understand...he runs a 10.8 in the 1/4 and the bike ran 9.75

I'd do a couple test runs to figure out whether 1st or 2nd gear is what you want then give it your all. Be safe.:thumbsup:

second if you really wnt a shot at it.. and maybe a little spray won't hurt...so you can walk on him... what kind of transmission is on the cobra?

seen the vid and the busa looks like it wasn't there .. if you are going to try this you need to have your heart where your mouth is...

Back