Tonight Is the NIGHT!  Busa Vs. Cobra

Waiting----- and pic's
tounge.gif

I've been wanting to get this race set up for awhile.  The problem lies in finding a guy you trust to ride your bike and or drive your car at very very high speeds.  Well my bro from across the pond is the guy.  We both work for the same company and I met him in Iraq a few months back.  not a bad guy for a limey.  And while posessing no ability at all to hold down alcohol or score with the women.  The dude can ride.  I guess at least that means his priorities are straight.  You have to love a guy that when gun fire bursts out from you don't know where.  He just looks annoyed.  Meanwhile I'm grabbing cover and readying my weapon.

But anyways.  My friend Aaron will be riding the busa on a lonesome "closed course private facility in mexico" stretch of freeway late tonight.  And we will see if the Busa can pull my 99 mustang cobra.  I know it cant beat it in a 1/4 mile.  But I'm curious if the bus can take the sanke up on the big end.

Here's the deal. 2000 hayabusa (99 black and silver bodywork) akra pipe, pcUSB, tooth down, tre)  pretty much a stock bike.

The snake is a 318 billet motor, ford GT heads (the super car, not the mustang GT) sheet metal intake.  Twin GT35R turbos, stand alone engine managment, etc ... etc ...  She's my baby and in the pursuit of 1000+ rwhp - no exspense was spared.  She makes good power and she is VERY streetable.  And, she MOVES!

So tonights the night.  Can ANYTHING beat a busa up on the big end?  Especially a little ol rustang on street tires!  Vid to come this evening.  I'm putting my money on the bus.  Simply because of the drag issue (as in co-efficient of drag).

Place your bets.  Here some snaps of the bike.  I'll put some of the car up as well if you want.
I think that sums up the video question?

<!--EDIT|busa_wannabe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125191482 -->

i just creamed my pants
drooling3.gif
nice tail looks clean and i love the turn signals hook a brotha up ..where ya get it

Never got the chance to go and play. Went to the cowboys game and after that we had some showers on the north side of dallas. Maybe tommorow night if the weather holds.

The undertail is moteck. I just finished installing it this last weekend. Its a nice piece, I was impressed by the quality and fit. You can find them on kneedraggers.com for a little over 2 bills. They come prepainted.

I'll dig up some pics of the stang here in a bit.

dunno about the race... but thats a hot looking undertail you got there bro
biggrin.gif
beerchug.gif

nice busa and stang i would suggest changing out the rims and tires on the stang and maybe try to get it a little lower alot more air can get under the car than under the bike. I ve been 180 on a 95 transam 383 nos motor 200 shot at 180 it felt extremly light and it was lowered with fully adjustable coil overs gun luck god speed and my money is on the busa

Nice looking bike. Love the undertail got the same one on my 05. I think the busa will get the stang for sure. Let us know how it turns out.

Sounds like fun and I can't wait to see some pics or video of the event.

I think it will be a very close race but how will it go down? Are you doing a 0-180, 40-180, 60-180...what?

Also what kind of power does the car put to the wheels? Your going to need every bit of 1,000rwhp to pull the Busa because of the Mustang aero. Should be fun either way.
wink.gif

Weather never let us go out and play, kept running into showers on the northside.

The cobra has put down a best of near 1300 at the wheels. Weighs in a hair over 3100# w/ fuel and driver. I have some older pics here of the original build up. I'll upload them now.

This is'nt really a fair race.  The cobra is driven on the street almost daily.  It's not however a "street car"  on pump gas I can put down around 680 with moderate boost and the timing pulled back.  I'm running stand alone DFI and the new GTR series turbos from garret.  In order to get everything to work the motormounts were cut out to allow for a true 4 into 1 header design to be faced forward.  I'm using motor plates at the front and a modified trans brace near the rear to support the motor.  The power steering had to go, but the rack is from a trans am series race car and its amazing.  Barely much more effort than with the PS.

On C12 or TT118 octane and aggresive timing, the boost comes up and the peak power and power under the curve is outstanding.

wow that is nice i thought you were talking about the white mustang i would love to have a 03 04 cobra with 1 biggg turbo on it

Back