Cars vs Busa

thumb_up.gif

When I lived in Long Island, race a guy in a 2005 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI about 1 mile on 495 with G/f on the back, beat him by about 50 car links, got to about 155 and got the fist in the rubs from her and let off. When we pulled off the side the guys reply's I would have be you in a long race. I told him put my girl in the passanger seat and I'll race you to manhattan. LOL He drove off.
Jon(Loomis).
I'd let you put your GF in my car to if she was cute, I'd say go, when you took off I'd turn around and have a new girl friend.
tounge.gif

When I lived in Long Island, race a guy in a 2005 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI about 1 mile on 495 with G/f on the back, beat him by about 50 car links, got to about 155 and got the fist in the rubs from her and let off. When we pulled off the side the guys reply's I would have be you in a long race. I told him put my girl in the passanger seat and I'll race you to manhattan. LOL He drove off.
Jon(Loomis).
I'd let you put your GF in my car to if she was cute, I'd say go, when you took off I'd turn around and have a new girl friend.
tounge.gif

you
idea3.gif
him
cursin.gif
me
rofl.gif

the correct answer is a very very expensive one
laugh.gif

from the looks of NJ's car, a stock busa would be in for a serious fight
cool.gif

My old turbo'ed Mustang would have beat a stock busa, ran low 9's.  The car had about 1000 rwhp and was about 3500 lbs.

IMG_0010__Medium_.JPG

But with the gearing ....what's the Mustang gonna run on top end ?
I was hitting 150 mph in 3rd gear with an AOD and 3.55's, I wasn't able to floor it in overdrive with that tranny and that much power. Also I was tuned for the 1/4 mile. If one was to be tuned to run top end, i'm sure it would go 200 mph, but I wouldn't want to go anywhere near that fast in a Mustang. LOL.

Wow TurboSN95, that is one serious Mustang. Just curious, what type of money does it take to run that fast?
Made the mistake of running a 911 on my FJR (which was already at highway speed and me in the wrong gear)last spring. The FJR was a good all around bike but wound up on e-bay in order to raise the cash for a 'busa... still keeping an eye out for that Porsche. LOL!
beerchug.gif

I ran a local guy here that has a lamborghini gallardo and we did a "run for the border" thing... (14 miles to the state line) He went by me at mid way through mile 3 with 11 to go.... But I sure spanked him good for the first 1 mile
Shoulda stayed in it and ya probably would have got him. Even exotic cars are known to puke their guts if they're pushed too hard for too long (providing they don't run out of gas first). Those tuned 800-1000hp supra's and vipers are not known for endurance either. Pretty much any sportbike out there can be pinned to the top until the gas tank dries. Traffic of course will effect that but bikes split around that better then cars too.

There's cars out there that can take a busa but they are very rare. And meeting them in a place they can actually do this in is even more rare. I've met alot of nice cages from blown vettes to 911's and even if they started to give me a run for the money, i was crazy (and reckless) enough to put them behind me and left them there. Power means nothing if you can't use it and it doesn't always matter who's quicker, better cornering, or better top end. It's mostly down to who's more willing.

Back