Cars vs Busa

I would be willing to line up with a stock busa with my car.
what kind of car you runnin'
This:
DSC03308.jpg
uhumpffff..... open the hood Junkie.....

man you are cold hearted....

may as well say it has the V6 in it with the Walmart hood scoop huh?
rofl.gif

Dont let him fool ya kid.... you will go home crying when that plain jane pony goes by you....

Wow TurboSN95, that is one serious Mustang. Just curious, what type of money does it take to run that fast?
Made the mistake of running a 911 on my FJR (which was already at highway speed and me in the wrong gear)last spring. The FJR was a good all around bike but wound up on e-bay in order to raise the cash for a 'busa... still keeping an eye out for that Porsche. LOL!
beerchug.gif
Porsche owners were my favorite kills. For some reason they seemed to think there was no way in hell a yellow mustang was going to beat them, and i showed no mercy.
laugh.gif

Money wise, if I had to do it over and with ebay and used parts available and the knowledge I have.... An easy $40k is needed. But I had at least double that wasted into the car. Selling that thing and getting the Busa was the best thing I could have done for my wallet and for me (mentally).

A couple vids for you guys:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video....dc1.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video....523.htm

I got a good story for you guys on this....

I had to take something to my wife at work one day, and I was on the busa. The owner of the company was just getting ready to go to lunch in his Z06 Corvette. He asked me "that thing pretty fast?" and i said it was. he said "think it would take my corvette?" I see where this is going so i say "only one way to find out, isnt there?"

he grins, gets int he car, and we both head out. As he pulls up next to me, I hear a distinct WHINE coming from under the hood....FACK!! SUPERCHARGER!

I pulled him pretty easy up to about 160 or so, but by then we were running out of room. However, I had to concede that if we hadnt run out of room, he'd have smoked me.

Wow TurboSN95, that is one serious Mustang. Just curious, what type of money does it take to run that fast?
Made the mistake of running a 911 on my FJR (which was already at highway speed and me in the wrong gear)last spring. The FJR was a good all around bike but wound up on e-bay in order to raise the cash for a 'busa... still keeping an eye out for that Porsche. LOL!
beerchug.gif
Porsche owners were my favorite kills.  For some reason they seemed to think there was no way in hell a yellow mustang was going to beat them, and i showed no mercy.  
laugh.gif

Money wise, if I had to do it over and with ebay and used parts available and the knowledge I have....  An easy $40k is needed.  But I had at least double that wasted into the car.  Selling that thing and getting the Busa was the best thing I could have done for my wallet and for me (mentally).  

A couple vids for you guys:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video....dc1.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video....523.htm
thanks for the vids GREAT INTERTAINMENT bad stang. i would have loved to have raced it. i aint had a car yet to compete. there will be someday though. just patience in a small state.

I got a good story for you guys on this....

I had to take something to my wife at work one day, and I was on the busa.  The owner of the company was just getting ready to go to lunch in his Z06 Corvette.  He asked me "that thing pretty fast?" and i said it was.  he said "think it would take my corvette?"  I see where this is going so i say "only one way to find out, isnt there?"

he grins, gets int he car, and we both head out.  As he pulls up next to me, I hear a distinct WHINE coming from under the hood....FACK!! SUPERCHARGER!

I pulled him pretty easy up to about 160 or so, but by then we were running out of room.  However, I had to concede that if we hadnt run out of room, he'd have smoked me.
WHATS UP BROTHER HOW FAR ARE YOU FROM INDIANAPOLIS thts cool story man. those whines from engine always make you say ooo poop.

Ive only been beaten by 3 cars. a 106mm Turbo Viper, an EVO with around 8-900 hp, and a fox body mustang with a chevy big block and ALOT of spray heres some vids...

and im the last race in this 2nd video so youll see me at the end of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
The target to be beaten isn't a car. It's always the Hayabusa. Cages feel that if they can beat the world's fastest production bike then they can beat anything.

The target to be beaten isn't a car. It's always the Hayabusa. Cages feel that if they can beat the world's fastest production bike then they can beat anything.
Sad thing is while it is nice to have the bike to benchmark, alot of the car guys taping their ride beating a busa could be shocked meeting another one be it stock or of similar tune but with a better rider who's more in touch with their machine and tuning. Suzuki claims to have sold 10,000 busa's for one model year. How many of those owners KNOW how to ride what they're on? Not putting down anyone here but truth is wringing out the best from a bike isn't as simple as tucking in and banging gears. Look at the 9/10ths guys. Some of their Bikes are making stock power beating bikes with a huge hp advantage by plenty of lengths. Ones that have been bolt on tuned are still crushing bikes with a power advantage. Alot of these guys with busa killer cars would get humbled meeting those boys. Remember nickslick's viper vs. busa meet? Viper guys showed 2 vids of their blown snakes walking busa's beforehand. However that Black 860rwhp viper was deadbolted next to danno's stock busa up to 170plus and danno's busa was running rich since he had to revert it back to stock from a tuned setup and didn't install proper mapping. Gar's piped copper 99 was able to keep it's nose ahead of this viper. Riders make a world of difference uneducated car guys can't even conceive until they see it.

Ive only been beaten by 3 cars. a 106mm Turbo Viper, an EVO with around 8-900 hp, and a fox body mustang with a chevy big block and ALOT of spray heres some vids...

and im the last race in this 2nd video so youll see me at the end of the video.

super.gif
race.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just a 302 with a supercharger,I'll be home in Feb if a stock busa wants to give it a try,I'll be making some shakedowns then hitting Rockingham and Fayetteville and maybe 710 dragway.

Its just a 302 with a supercharger,I'll be home in Feb if a stock busa wants to give it a try,I'll be making some shakedowns then hitting Rockingham and Fayetteville and maybe 710 dragway.
Boosted 302 based motors are mofo's, arent they.
beerchug.gif

Although what COLDSTONE1298 said is so true... i have a Busa but no way in hell do I know how to launch it yet if I were to race even an 11 second car. That's one thing I need to practice and I get nervous just thinking about letting the clutch out quick with the throttle on.
dunno.gif
Anyone can dump the clutch or let the transbrake button go in a car.
easybutton.png

Boosted 302 based motors are mofo's, arent they.
beerchug.gif

Although what COLDSTONE1298 said is so true... i have a Busa but no way in hell do I know how to launch it yet if I were to race even an 11 second car. That's one thing I need to practice and I get nervous just thinking about letting the clutch out quick with the throttle on.
dunno.gif
Anyone can dump the clutch or let the transbrake button go in a car.
easybutton.png
And thats exactly what I'll be doing,turning loose of a transbrake button,
thumb_up.gif
laugh.gif
But I think the HP to weight ratio is in the busa's favor,I just dont think a stock busa (no juice,no airshifter,no arm no nothing) will beat my car in the quarter mile at the strip.

I would be willing to line up with a stock busa with my car.
what kind of car you runnin'
This:
DSC03308.jpg
Ah, the dreaded stripped-down notch...
laugh.gif

Nice ride NJ, I have had dreams of doing the same-family and kids approaching college age kept the mods to less expensive non-motor type. Now with the Busa the thrill is gone, so am passing it to my son who starts college next fall to love, honor, and no doubt mod as his college budget allows!

Registration on mine reads 3000 lbs, I think that is a little low but they still are the lightest Stang ever to start a fast car from. Love the Fox. Mods are as follows, these alone dropped the 0-60 to about 5.3 seconds. Good start for the kid to work from...

87 GT T-Top original owner-all options except leather, including 3.08 gears
MAC shorty 1 5/8 headers, MAC offroad H-pipe, Flowmaster Delta Flows w/turndowns, electric fan, 3-row radiator, Centerforce Dual-Friction, Steeda quadrant, adjuster, and cable, Tri-ax shifter, K&N, fenderwell silencer aborted, Optima red-top relocated to hatch, Steeda Competition springs, offset steering rack bushings, MM full length subframes, BFGoodrich DR's (real traction is a wonderful thing!)

Stang.JPG

bone stock verses nything built isn't braggin rites for the built ride i have an 04 GT myself
but what can u get for $12000 that will beat a busa

When I lived in Long Island, race a guy in a 2005 FERRARI 612 SCAGLIETTI about 1 mile on 495 with G/f on the back, beat him by about 50 car links, got to about 155 and got the fist in the rubs from her and let off. When we pulled off the side the guys reply's I would have be you in a long race. I told him put my girl in the passanger seat and I'll race you to manhattan. LOL He drove off.
Jon(Loomis).
I'd let you put your GF in my car to if she was cute, I'd say go, when you took off I'd turn around and have a new girl friend.
tounge.gif

you
idea3.gif
him
cursin.gif
me
rofl.gif
+10

Back