Cars vs Busa

Of course the busa is the benchmark for cars to beat. It's the epitome of speed. To say that you gave a busa a run in your cage is the ultimate comment about your car.

My cars a fat ass but it puts down some decent rwhp. When I get back from Qatar I plan on getting the boost up a bit and putting down about 650rwhp.

Shibumi, love your car! As soon as my current money pit fills up, I'm modding me an 87 fox with t-tops too. My favorite year fox!

To equal a hayabusas acceleration it takes approx 800 hp 3000 lb car.
We had right at that BEFORE we upped the boost.
super.gif
Randy is putting the street tune in it now,when I get there,I'm taking the car to Steve Petty for the race tunes,1 on boost only and 1 on.....whats my name?
muscle.gif

I'm still waiting to see a turbo built busa race whatever turbo built car. It would be interesting to see how many lengths...
guns.gif

I used to luv when road & track or another magazine would compare OE top end cars vs. tuned top end cars and then throw in a ten year old sportbike to show the tuned cars might come close to the bikes numbers.

Ive only been beaten by 3 cars. a 106mm Turbo Viper, an EVO with around 8-900 hp, and a fox body mustang with a chevy big block and ALOT of spray heres some vids...

and im the last race in this 2nd video so youll see me at the end of the video.

I saw that evo vid a while ago and was wondering what kind of HP it was making!  I recognize some of the spots those races happened (in Mexico  
shutup.gif
).  

From all the vids I've seen, it takes 700 whp to stay close, 800 to pull with a 'busa and above that a stock 'busa is in trouble from a roll if you go long enough.  It's makes a big difference depending on the car (weight, traction, wind resistance) and what speeds you are starting from and ending at too.

The NickSlick vids are the best I've seen.  He has one vid with multiple bikes vs a very fast 'vette, then a 2nd video with an even faster Viper vs multiple bikes.  Multiple runs, multiple camera angles, plenty of room etc.  You'll have a pretty clear understanding after watching those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course the busa is the benchmark for cars to beat. It's the epitome of speed. To say that you gave a busa a run in your cage is the ultimate comment about your car.

My cars a fat ass but it puts down some decent rwhp. When I get back from Qatar I plan on getting the boost up a bit and putting down about 650rwhp.

Shibumi, love your car! As soon as my current money pit fills up, I'm modding me an 87 fox with t-tops too. My favorite year fox!
Thanks Busa! Do you already have the car, or looking? T-top cars are pretty rare after 20 years, they stopped making them and the bodies didn't last if they weren't reinforced and run in anger... Not to mention the price of replacing t's when broken, I had someone break into mine to steal a radar detector and it cost insurance $900 in 1988 to replace it!!
wowold.gif

Is there a stock, production car that is quicker in the 1/4 mile, has a higher top speed, and is faster around a road course than a Busa?

cheers
ken

Bugatti Veyron comes to mind. 10.2 in the 1/4 but otherwise its a monster, with a monster price tag. Not sure how it does in the twisties.

800px-Bugatti_veyron_in_Tokyo.jpg

Is there a stock, production car that is quicker in the 1/4 mile, has a higher top speed, and is faster around a road course than a Busa?

cheers
ken
There are probably quite a few production cars which are faster around a road course than a stock busa, especially if it's a tighter course with short straights. Cars have for a lot more potential for lateral Gs than bikes because there is so much more rubber on the road. There are quite a few productions cars with higher top speeds than a 'busa.

The Veyron comes closest to all 3. I'm guessing it could outdo a 'busa on certain road courses, definitely wins the top speed war by a LOT, but falls a little shy in the quarter.

I guess the answer is no.
deadhorse.gif

My Nova will - but only for 1/4 mile as I'm at 7200RPM at the trap. Of course I could hold it there for a bit but we would need a wheelbarrow to pick up the pieces shortly thereafter.

The_Nova_018__Medium_.jpg

The Veyron comes closest to all 3. I'm guessing it could outdo a 'busa on certain road courses, definitely wins the top speed war by a LOT, but falls a little shy in the quarter.

I guess the answer is no.
deadhorse.gif
Few months ago Road & track had a run between the veyron and a Twin Turbo Viper Venom 1000 along with a few other cars to see who not only was fastest in one mile but who could hit or surpass 200mph quicker. Guess who won? PDF data to download in center of first page. (hint: it wasn't the million dollar monster) http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....id=5680

In a previous test they compared another Hennessey viper (that was a bit quicker in the mile) a Twin turbo Saleen S7 and a MV augusta along with a slew of other vehicles to see who's fastest in the mile against...a Lola Champ Car.
wowold.gif
Be sure to Check the PDF data in the center of the page. While the Bike was 9th in mph rankings it was 4th in time it took to cover a mile being about a second behind the viper and saleen and 2 seconds behind the champ car. 0-60 it tied with the champ car and 0-100 it was still on the champ cars heels. After that the turbo viper and saleen come ahead. http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....id=2572

Back