Went down tonight at 8:00pm Az time

Funny I didn't really think the bike looked that bad but from reading what you guys are saying just makes me feel that much better about how I came through it.  Well I got a call in to the Insurance and he told me that they may give me the option to total or repair.  He didn't think they would total it since I could ride it home 50 miles right after the accident.  So hopefully I will talk to them by tomorrow and get it in for an estimate.
If he does total it and you don't like the '08s, they have a couple of new '07s up in Anthem still.

Food for thought anyway,

Dan

EEHHH she just needs new clothes. LOL. Hopefully I'll get a call from the claim adjuster tomorrow. Then we will see what's really going to happen.

Yes and no. They were stock on the outside not on the inside. I had removed the endcaps, drilled several 1/2" holes between the standoffs for the caps, used tin snips and cut out around the center pipe, then reached in with a very long sawzall blade and cut off the center pipe. It is louder than the guy that was riding with me and he has a Yosh full exhaust(not sure what model). Anyway it has a low rumble at idle and cruise but rips when you open it up. Let me see if I can find my video clip:

My modded mufflers

I had similar damage (except fuel tank) to mine last summer and it got totaled. Granted I had a lot of chrome which drove the cost to repair up, but figure 75% of the value of the bike and hope the repair bill is less if you want to keep it. Judging from the pics you are probably around $3k for parts plus labor.

Wow that's a good guess on parts cost. I went to Ron Ayers and used their microfiche system to price stuff on my own and so far came up with $3300 in parts. I have had one other experience with State Farm where my Ex hit someone head on and they came back with "well the repair estimate is on the edge of fix it or total it". They gave ma a choice, so hopefully that is what they do for me this time if it's close. The agent told me that since I rode it home 50 miles that more than likely they won't total it but who knows.

Well the bike will be at Metromotorsports in Glendale,Az on Thursday morning at 9:00 for a repair estimate. The claims adjuster said they would cut me a check and then it was up to me what to do with it.

The bike has been dropped off and hopefully by the end of today I'll have an estimate to go off of. Then I'll make the call to the claim inspector. Hopefully I'll have a list of parts needed too.

Later

Estimate came to $6400 for parts and labor. They said parts alone was $5400, which about $2000 more than what I came up with through Ron Ayers. Now it will be up to the claim inspector.

I think they are so many here that have been through what you've been through.I broke collar bone,left knee banged up.Now, leather all around even at 96 degree.
Hope you get well soon, took me 4 months to get back at it.

My knees are the only parts really hurting but they are only rashed a little. And yes I intend on having leather pants on to compliment the new jacket and helmet.

Estimate came to $6400 for parts and labor.  They said parts alone was $5400, which about $2000 more than what I came up with through Ron Ayers.  Now it will be up to the claim inspector.
Wow! gotta love insurance companies, if your wanting to fix it then $2k will buy some nice leathers.
laugh.gif

Are they coming up with any other damage than what you had thought.

Dan

Final tally from teh dealer was $6656.59 not including teh jacket, helmet, gloves and frame sliders. Now I have to wait two or three days for the claim inspector to check it out. They are trying to expedite it and maybe sometime today or even this weekend.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune brother. These AZ roads can be trecherous especially with all the construction going on. Good thing your physical damage was minimal. You must have took the low side.

Back