raced a zx12 tonight

nolo263

Registered
i was riding with some friends of mine tonight and one of them has a 12 we were both kind testing each other till we got on a long straightaway well i down shifted to what i thought was second and of we go. well i was in third damnit by the time i realized it, to late to downshift again he was in second cause he told me later well anyway we take off he pulls ahead of me about 1 and half bikes well i stay in it and about nine thousand rpms my bike finally starts to pull like a friggin train im catching up hard and as i was passing the guy that had a good time lets off well to make a long story short my bike will destroy his im sure of it, but its gonna have to be another day. he told me later that when i was gonna pass him we ran out of room but it was bullshit he just realized that he was gonna get smoked bad. well its kinda unfair his bike only has a slip on while mine has full exhaust and pcII. plus he out weighs me by about 70 pounds. but i still thought the 12 should have had more balls. i dont think he will want to race again.

Cool,
cool.gif
My cousins 12 stays right with me. But diff place diff time...
thumbs-up.gif

yeah there is a few bikes around here that I want to run but noone wants to go up against the beast.
laugh.gif

To turn the tables, I had a 12 FLY by my on a highspeed run once. I was leading and saw a long strait, took off and I guess everyone followed. I hit about 175 and had never done that before so I stayed tucked and let off and the 12 just wooshed by. My bike is BONE stock , and he was all modded, but I bet he was on his newsgroup bragging about smoking a busa
smile.gif
Many factors happened very fast: 1) I wasn't checking mirrors at all, didn't know/care who was following 2) I'd never hit 175 on the speedo or in ANY vehicle for that matter so my comfort level had not grown in yet 3) we were running out of road fast becasue... 4) our stretch was ending on an uphill and I didn't know who/what would be coming over the other side. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

CAll that 12 out a few more times. WORST thing that can happen is you will have a lot of fun!

Who ever has the most money invested will always be the faster one
smile.gif

smile.gif

Not a whole lot of big bikes around my area. I only know of maybe 1 or 2 Busa's besides mine, and one of those has NOS. I guess I know not to mess with him.

Hell man you need to come down to this part of IL. Busas are the weapon of choice, just got to have ya game tight

All I got to say is that I can't ride your bike and mine to...Know where your geared before you take any challenge...That's a definite cause of defeat...
evil.gif

Sounds like this could be interesting once he get's a full system and PC. If you match him mod for mod and riding skill you'll take him almost every time because of the weight and torque differential. Next time know what gear you're in and hand him his rear.

yeah you should have taken him. I race a 12 at the strip bastid got a hell of a jump on me bout 3-4 bikes but i walked his as down before we finished the quater. If i was on the 12 we'd nvr race again
cool.gif

I am going to go get mine this weekend, has the turbo on it with WI and I am hoping to find some people up around Yuba city area to play with
biggrin.gif

well its kinda unfair his bike only has a slip on while mine has full exhaust and pcII. plus he out weighs me by about 70 pounds. but i still thought the 12 should have had more balls. i dont think he will want to race again.
Man 70lbs lighter and modded, I'd HOPE you woulda passed him sooner. 70lbs is ALOT of weight.

One of many races with a Busa... stock pipes, I had K&Ns. 70mph roll on. I was past him before I even got out of 2nd gear. Me at 220lbs and him at around 290lbs.

LAST YEAR I ATE A Z12 FOR LUNCH....LATER THAT DAY I HOOKED UP WITH HIM AGAIN AND HE GOT ME BACK....WHEN IT COMES TO THESE TWO BIKES, I THINK THE BUSA HEADS UP WILL PULL IT OUT...BUT WHAT I HAVE FOUND IS ALOT OF IT HAS TO DO WITH THE ONE PULLING THE THROTTLE BACK

i would have destroyed his bike but like i said i was in third and he was in second cause he told me when i asked and he still didnt pull away just got a nice jump when my bike got to about 9 grand i was gaining on him like he was standing still literaly and as soon as i was next to him he let off i passed him but he let off at the same time but at least i know for sure that there is no way his bike can take mine at least not with his bike being stock.

Back